Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Undrafted Free Agents Signings 2021

(05-01-2021, 08:26 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Nice. He had the highest vertical of any player in the draft.

I like the UDFA class better than the actual draft picks.
46.5" vertical jump!

I can't recall an NFL prospect having a vertical jump that high!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why does the Team Roster list Roosevelt Straughter as a 60-year-old on the team website?
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(05-01-2021, 08:00 PM)mal234 Wrote: The Jags have just signed  WR Josh Imatorbhebhe in free agency.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...1306760193

I hope he makes the team, if only to watch the talking heads slaughter his last name.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(05-02-2021, 12:20 AM)D6 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:26 PM)ATLjag Wrote: 46.5" vertical jump!

I can't recall an NFL prospect having a vertical jump that high!

Gerald Sensabaugh could get up.

(05-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 12:20 AM)D6 Wrote: I can't recall an NFL prospect having a vertical jump that high!

Gerald Sensabaugh could get up.

Good one.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Gerald Sensabaugh could get up.

Good one.

Indeed.

Chris Conley came close.

17 Best NFL Combine Vertical Jump Records Includes an Insane 46-Inch Leap to the Heavens - HERO Sports News

Is anyone else kinda bothered/concerned/otherwise uncomfortable with the fact a team coming off a 1-15 season only brought in 6 UDFA to compete for jobs?

Granted their odds of making the team are low, but I would think any chance the team has to bring in competition, they would do so.

(05-03-2021, 06:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Is anyone else kinda bothered/concerned/otherwise uncomfortable with the fact a team coming off a 1-15 season only brought in 6 UDFA to compete for jobs?

Granted their odds of making the team are low, but I would think any chance the team has to bring in competition, they would do so.

Absolutely! The total numbers of free agents being brought in by all the NFL teams seem very low from what I have seen. It's weird! It's not like it will cost much to bring these guys in. I know scouting was a lot harder this year due to Corona, but what's the harm in bringing UDFA's in and trying them out? It seems like a low risk, high reward situation. I'd load up, especially on the O-Line. We have so many expiring contracts and we only bring in one OT via the draft? This is gonna put us in a very precarious situation next year. 

I know one O-Lineman still out there, who really caught my eye in the Hula Bowl was La. Tech OT Donavaughn Campbell. I project him more as an OG, but he showed some quick feet and his ability to pull and make key blocks really stood out. I wish they would bring him in. I also like OG/C P.J. Burkhalter of Nicholls State. It would ultimately cost us peanuts to bring these guys in. Why not do it?

Just read that Taven Bryan is declining his 5th year option and wants to become a FA..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-03-2021, 04:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just read that Taven Bryan is declining his 5th year option and wants to become a FA..

No, Taven (looks at phone) don’t go. We, uh, like, you know, need you here, or something (looks at phone again).

(05-03-2021, 05:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 04:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just read that Taven Bryan is declining his 5th year option and wants to become a FA..

No, Taven (looks at phone) don’t go. We, uh, like, you know, need you here, or something (looks at phone again).

I know lolol

I thought the same thing

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 05:14 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg]

It's the team's option, not Taven's option. And, the team has declined the 5th year option on Taven.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 05:19 PM by WingerDinger.)

(05-03-2021, 05:14 PM)ATLjag Wrote: It's the team's option, not Taven's option.  And, the team has declined the 5th year option on Taven.

That's not the way I read it, but then again, I didn't get much sleep last night.. Either way, it needed to happen..

And yeah, you're right, I just read it wrong..

That Subway employee discount must be real tempting

I believe Minshew will be the starter and will remain so if we win.

(05-03-2021, 08:41 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: I believe Minshew will be the starter and will remain so if we win.

Starting to do what?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-03-2021, 08:41 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: I believe Minshew will be the starter and will remain so if we win.

lolololololololol

(05-03-2021, 06:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Is anyone else kinda bothered/concerned/otherwise uncomfortable with the fact a team coming off a 1-15 season only brought in 6 UDFA to compete for jobs?

Not really, we'll have 90 in camp like everyone else and this team already got blown up by DC two years ago. This team doesn't need to bring 20 rookies to canp, we have enough youth as it is,  it's part of why we were so bad last year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://youtu.be/uaU4V8JYdSs