Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What a difference a year makes

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl...-too-early

This is the 'way to early 2021 mock draft' from April of 2020. Jags got FIVE of the projected 1st Rounders this past weekend (Lawrence, Etienne, Walker Little, Andre Sisco, Dylan Moses).  A couple of other mock drafts had Jay Tufele projected at the back end of the first round before he opted out last year. Tyson Campbell was projected to go in the back half of the first to mid first in quite a few mocks as well. It's too early to tell, but if it pans out, this might've been a KILLER draft haul.

Now if we could've just hit on a tight end......

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am a Jaguars fan through and through. I hope like crazy it works out. Its just been years and years of disappointment and years of crappy drafts and yes; I no longer look at this team with teal covered glasses. I want to see results. I remember what it felt like when Morten Anderson missed that field goal, I was at that game. I remember us beating the Bills, then Broncos and almost going to the Super bowl and I remember going to the playoffs 4 years straight after that. Then not again until 2007. Since 2007 a year before my son was born, we have been to the playoffs ONE TIME, ONE FREAKING TIME!! My son has never really known the Jaguars to be any good and he will be 13 years old, I tell him stories of the old days when the Jags were good and he just looks at me like I am crazy. So, forgive me if I don't jump up and down every freaking draft year. The last 13 HAVE PRETTY MUCH SUCKED!! I have been a Jags fan since day one. I was the first pre-season game and every single game that mattered in Jaguars history. I have earned the right to complain and moan and be skeptical.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-03-2021, 11:48 AM)Ronster Wrote: I am a Jaguars fan through and through. I hope like crazy it works out. Its just been years and years of disappointment and years of crappy drafts and  yes; I no longer look at this team with teal covered glasses. I want to see results. I remember what it felt like when Morten Anderson missed that field goal, I was at that game. I remember us beating the Bills, then Broncos and almost going to the Super bowl and I remember going to the playoffs 4 years straight after that. Then not again until 2007. Since 2007 a year before my son was born, we have been to the playoffs ONE TIME, ONE FREAKING TIME!! My son has never really known the Jaguars to be any good and he will be 13 years old, I tell him stories of the old days when the Jags were good and he just looks at me like I am crazy. So, forgive me if I don't jump up and down every freaking draft year. The last 13 HAVE PRETTY MUCH SUCKED!!  I have been a Jags fan since day one. I was the first pre-season game and every single game that mattered in Jaguars history. I have earned the right to complain and moan and be skeptical.

Ditto. I was at the 62-7 game. It was nuts. I've been around for the years where Leftwich, then Gabbert, then Bortles were ALL supposed to be the FRANCHISE. I'm 41 years old now, almost 42 and got 3 kids of my own (11, 9, and 7). Short of the magical 2017 season, they have NEVER seen a GOOD Jaguars team. Living in NC, I somehow found a way to make the trek to Jacksonville and take in at least one game a year. I sat through Lendale White running over/around/through us. Chad Henne beating us when he was QB'ing the Fins. I saw Meester's last game. I heard the crowd go NUTS when he caught that pass and ALMOST scored. I evacuated during Hurricane Florence, had my house take 80K in damage and managed to make it to the Jags/Pats game where Blake/crew absolutely BOMBED Tom Brady into oblivion...right before the season went down in flames.

This? This feels different though. God I hope it is.....Im not invested in this time like I used to be, but I still hold out hope for them to turn the corner. To look back on the 2000-2020 years like they were just a bad dream.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn