Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats demand a tax cut for THEIR rich

Evidently "tax cuts for the rich" only applies if a tax cut is made across the board by a Republican President.  Selective tax cuts to wealthy democrats in poorly run high tax democrat states matter.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not sure I ever agreed with state and local taxes being a deduction. I disagree with most deductions. Even the mortgage interest deduction, I don't see the point.
I believe in lowering the overall rate while eliminating deductions, but the Republican party since 2001 wants to lower the rates to the point where it will significantly increase the deficit, and I disagree with that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Consumer tax would solve so many problems.

(05-03-2021, 07:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Consumer tax would solve so many problems.

So would eliminating half of the federal government.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-03-2021, 08:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 07:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Consumer tax would solve so many problems.

One problem at a time.

(05-03-2021, 08:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Which half would you eliminate?

(05-04-2021, 07:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 08:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So would eliminating half of the federal government.

The democrat half.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-03-2021, 08:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So would eliminating half of the federal government.

The half that hate the country the represent.

Off the top of my head:

The Department of Education
The Department of Energy
The Department of Homeland Security
The Department of the Interior
The Department of Labor

Specific agencies:

The EPA
The IRS
The ATF
The SBA
HHS/CMS

Within those departments and agencies are billions of dollars worth of useless, redundant, and wastefully unneeded regulations, policies, and enforcement mechanisms. And this group is just a drop in the ocean of the bloated federal government.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 05:37 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-04-2021, 09:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 07:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Which half would you eliminate?

Off the top of my head:

The Department of Energy
The Department of Labor

Specific agencies:

The EPA
The IRS
The ATF
The SBA
HHS/CMS

Within those departments and agencies are billions of dollars worth of useless, redundant, and wastefully unneeded regulations, policies, and enforcement mechanisms. And this group is just a drop in the ocean of the bloated federal government.

Just off the top of my head, I think I would keep the department of Homeland Security and the Department of the Interior.  Also the EPA and the IRS.  I don't know how we would fund the government and enforce tax law without the IRS.  I believe in enforcing pollution laws and regulations, so that's why I'd keep the EPA.  

Department of the Interior manages the national parks and wildlife refuges.  I'd keep that.  

According to its website, the Department of Homeland Security "...is responsible for counterterrorism, cybersecurity, aviation security, border security, port security, maritime security, administration and enforcement of our immigration laws, protection of our national leaders, protection of critical infrastructure, cybersecurity, detection of and protection against chemical, biological and nuclear threats to the homeland, and response to disasters."  I think I'd like to keep that.  You do want to enforce immigration laws, I presume?  

I might eliminate the Department of Education.

(05-05-2021, 05:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Off the top of my head:

The Department of Energy
The Department of Labor

Specific agencies:

The EPA
The IRS
The ATF
The SBA
HHS/CMS

Just off the top of my head, I think I would keep the department of Homeland Security and the Department of the Interior.  Also the EPA and the IRS.  I don't know how we would fund the government and enforce tax law without the IRS.  I believe in enforcing pollution laws and regulations, so that's why I'd keep the EPA.  

Department of the Interior manages the national parks and wildlife refuges.  I'd keep that.  

According to its website, the Department of Homeland Security "...is responsible for counterterrorism, cybersecurity, aviation security, border security, port security, maritime security, administration and enforcement of our immigration laws, protection of our national leaders, protection of critical infrastructure, cybersecurity, detection of and protection against chemical, biological and nuclear threats to the homeland, and response to disasters."  I think I'd like to keep that.  You do want to enforce immigration laws, I presume?  

I might eliminate the Department of Education.

How ever did we do those security before 2002? End the DoD and put all of those things into the Department of War. Part of my issue is redundancy, so consolidate and streamline.

DHS is redundant. The IRS could be abolished if we simplified our tax code. I'm fine with the EPA and the Department of the Interior, but we could probably combine them.

Secure the border and you get rid of the majority of the agencies. Remove the brainwashing from education and you stop most of the terrorist inside the country.

The one thing you can't get rid of are evil people who do things that require some level of oversight to stop.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(05-05-2021, 12:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: DHS is redundant. The IRS could be abolished if we simplified our tax code. I'm fine with the EPA and the Department of the Interior, but we could probably combine them.

According to its website, the Department of Homeland Security "...[font=SourceSansPro, sans-serif]is responsible for counterterrorism, cybersecurity, aviation security, border security, port security, maritime security, administration and enforcement of our immigration laws, protection of our national leaders, protection of critical infrastructure, cybersecurity, detection of and protection against chemical, biological and nuclear threats to the homeland, and response to disasters."[/font]

[font=SourceSansPro, sans-serif]How is that redundant?  Is there some other department that already does that?  [/font]

(05-06-2021, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 12:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: DHS is redundant. The IRS could be abolished if we simplified our tax code. I'm fine with the EPA and the Department of the Interior, but we could probably combine them.

According to its website, the Department of Homeland Security "...[font=SourceSansPro, sans-serif]is responsible for counterterrorism, cybersecurity, aviation security, border security, port security, maritime security, administration and enforcement of our immigration laws, protection of our national leaders, protection of critical infrastructure, cybersecurity, detection of and protection against chemical, biological and nuclear threats to the homeland, and response to disasters."[/font]

[font=SourceSansPro, sans-serif]How is that redundant?  Is there some other department that already does that?  [/font]

Yes, the CIA, FBI, ICE, ATF, Treasury, FAA, and Armed Forces all do those things.

(05-06-2021, 06:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: According to its website, the Department of Homeland Security "...[font=SourceSansPro, sans-serif]is responsible for counterterrorism, cybersecurity, aviation security, border security, port security, maritime security, administration and enforcement of our immigration laws, protection of our national leaders, protection of critical infrastructure, cybersecurity, detection of and protection against chemical, biological and nuclear threats to the homeland, and response to disasters."[/font]

Yes, the CIA, FBI, ICE, ATF, Treasury, FAA, and Armed Forces all do those things.

Exactly. And we won't be getting rid of any of those so....