Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MLB 2021

(06-12-2021, 09:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 04:33 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Not sure what you mean?

Sox can't buy a win against em..

Oh. Yeah, Astros have been super lucky with their young starting pitchers. Still need to fix bullpen for a real chance though.

Sox are playing well, but I kind of wonder if they can keep this play going all season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-13-2021, 12:40 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 09:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Sox can't buy a win against em..

Oh. Yeah, Astros have been super lucky with their young starting pitchers. Still need to fix bullpen for a real chance though.

Sox are playing well, but I kind of wonder if they can keep this play going all season.

They're not doing too bad, they have some really young and promising bats and arms.. Whitlock and Pivetta show some real promise on the mound. We really need Sale back and healthy though. They're saying some time after July, but I'm not holding my breath.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-13-2021, 10:33 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 12:40 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Oh. Yeah, Astros have been super lucky with their young starting pitchers. Still need to fix bullpen for a real chance though.

They're not doing too bad, they have some really young and promising bats and arms.. Whitlock and Pivetta show some real promise on the mound. We really need Sale back and healthy though. They're saying some time after July, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pivetta drove me crazy.  He was on the Phillies.  He'd throw two or three good games then he'd look like he had his head up his [BLEEP] the next.  That just happened the other night for the Red Sox.  If he could ever shake that he'd be a stud.  But I've seen this act for three or four years now.  It's maddening.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-13-2021, 09:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 10:33 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: They're not doing too bad, they have some really young and promising bats and arms.. Whitlock and Pivetta show some real promise on the mound. We really need Sale back and healthy though. They're saying some time after July, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pivetta drove me crazy.  He was on the Phillies.  He'd throw two or three good games then he'd look like he had his head up his [BLEEP] the next.  That just happened the other night for the Red Sox.  If he could ever shake that he'd be a stud.  But I've seen this act for three or four years now.  It's maddening.

Yeah, I've seen it too.. He's still young, I think he could be alright going forward. Just need to keep on him and see if he can be coached into consistency.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 12:02 PM by RicoTx.)

Not necessarily 2021, but an anniversary.  I still remember watching this game as a 15 year-old.

And he got ripped off of a perfect game.  Dave Concepcion took what should have been a called third strike on a 3-2 count.

Man, Harry Kalas was an awesome announcer.  He did the voiceovers on NFL films for a while too.  A voice I'll never forget.

https://www.mlb.com/news/rick-wise-s-no-...4462173459

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 07:42 AM by RicoTx.)

Pretty cool.  Off one of the better pitchers in the game too.  First time it's happened on a pitcher's first major league AB since 1898.  First time a pitcher has even had one since 1985.

And the fam got to be there.  Very cool.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31786727

(07-09-2021, 07:28 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Pretty cool.  Off one of the better pitchers in the game too.  First time it's happened on a pitcher's first major league AB since 1898.  First time a pitcher has even had one since 1985.

I'd love to see the MLB get rid of the DH and let these pitchers start hitting again. There's some pitchers out there that are lights out behind the plate.. Ohanti (sp?) Dude's a monster..

(07-09-2021, 07:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 07:28 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Pretty cool.  Off one of the better pitchers in the game too.  First time it's happened on a pitcher's first major league AB since 1898.  First time a pitcher has even had one since 1985.

I'd love to see the MLB get rid of the DH and let these pitchers start hitting again. There's some pitchers out there that are lights out behind the plate.. Ohanti (sp?) Dude's a monster..

Never happen.  Just like all of the rules changes in the NFL.  It's all about offense.  I think you'll see the DH in the NL pretty soon.

For the record, I was a pitcher and hated the rule when it first happened and have always despised it.

This guy is the only REAL dual threat that has ever existed.

Babe Ruth was only a pitcher in the beginning.. when he got the spotlight of homerun hitting he stopped.

This guys is frigging amazing.

(07-09-2021, 07:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

There is no rule saying a pitcher can't be a DH.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2021, 09:28 AM by RicoTx.)

(07-16-2021, 08:28 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 07:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'd love to see the MLB get rid of the DH and let these pitchers start hitting again. There's some pitchers out there that are lights out behind the plate.. Ohanti (sp?) Dude's a monster..

There is no rule saying a pitcher can't be a DH.

That makes no sense in this context.  The DH and pitcher are two separate positions.  You have an option of BATTING the pitcher or playing a DH. Once the pitcher bats, you cannot use a DH.

(07-16-2021, 09:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 08:28 AM)Dimson Wrote: There is no rule saying a pitcher can't be a DH.

That makes no sense in this context.  The DH and pitcher are two separate positions.  You have an option of BATTING the pitcher or playing a DH. Once the pitcher bats, you cannot use a DH.

Maybe not but a pitcher can be a DH.

(07-16-2021, 10:42 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 09:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote: That makes no sense in this context.  The DH and pitcher are two separate positions.  You have an option of BATTING the pitcher or playing a DH. Once the pitcher bats, you cannot use a DH.

Maybe not but a pitcher can be a DH.

I don't get your point.  So what.  It has zero relevance to what he is talking about.

(07-16-2021, 10:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 10:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: Maybe not but a pitcher can be a DH.

I don't get your point.  So what.  It has zero relevance to what he is talking about.

Just pointing out a pitcher can still hit.

Going to be interesting if Judge's COVID spreads to the All Star team.

Don't know if anybody saw this, but it was like a little league play.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31839479

(07-16-2021, 04:40 PM)captivating Wrote: Going to be interesting if Judge's COVID spreads to the All Star team.

Has one meaningful active athlete been killed by COVID?

I ask because I know there isn't... the media would hit us over the head with it constantly.

(07-19-2021, 10:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Don't know if anybody saw this, but it was like a little league play.

Insane. It was a little league mistake. 

That pitcher is going to pay handsomely for the chest bump.

(07-19-2021, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Don't know if anybody saw this, but it was like a little league play.

Insane. It was a little league mistake. 

That pitcher is going to pay handsomely for the chest bump.

That was the manager.  And yes, he's going to lose money for something he was dead wrong about.