Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Gus Bradley be Fired this season
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Fire Gus Bradley (MERGED)

Quote:Fair enough...  But I think if we got a guy like Marrone on board, might as well let him try to right the ship.  You you don't like what you see, at least you got Roman there also that we can promote from within.  

If I recall, he was a pretty hot commodity a few years back.  And dude, tyrod taylor looked very impressive running Roman's offense.   Think about that.  Tyrod Taylor...  That dude...  

I think Roman is a legitimate option.  But in the mean time, Marrone has experience with this team.   Maybe he can get these guys focused.  

Tyrod Taylor is 0-2 this year as well.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Caldwell and Khan are out looking for a new headcoach in 2017 it needs to be a proven commodity. They need to go out and break the bank for someone like Jim Harbaugh, Tom Coughlin, Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden. The only unknown commodity at headocach I'd be willing to see given the oppurtunity here is Matt Patricia from New England. And that's about it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You keep hiring until you find a fit. Next coach up..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The Ivory loss hurt us.  I'll concede that.  However...  Would you not say that this offense, in terms of the parts is the same as last year?  Ivory going down was a blow, but it should have been an injury that we could very easily over-come because we didn't have him last year.  I think it's too easy to give Olsen a pass because of the Ivory Injury...

Next...  It seems like we have tried to make it a point to feed Lee the ball.  Have you noticed this too?  If we can run plays designed for Lee, we should be able to feed AR15 and Hurns as well.  It boggles my mind that AR15 has been pretty much non-existant on the offense.  That also falls on the OC, in my opinion.  

The team just looks like they have taken a step back.  All around.  

As I see it, the Ivory injury and the Lee screens go hand-in-hand. That is, the latter is an attempt to make up for the former. When Ivory returns, I'm betting most of those screens go away.

'02

And this thread needed to happen. Hiding the thread is just gonna make the mods life that much more difficult. The elephant in the room needed to be discussed and opinions heard. Gus is on borrowed time and if you don't see it by now, you're in denial.

Quote:Tyrod Taylor is 0-2 this year as well.

But that's my point -  Tyrod Taylor is aweful!!!  He threw 3 TD's and had a 60% completion percentage against a Jet D that is considered a top 10 if not top 5 D...

Tyrod Taylor!!!  

Roman is doing something right.  

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 07:37 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:I'm expecting this thread to be flamed and then die a brutal death... But I just have to say it. Gus needs to be fired immediately. That's nothing new...

But I think it's time to start preparing for 2017. Why wait till the bye? Let's see what Marrone has got. Is he really capable of leading this team? I want to see it.

In addition, this offense has regressed. All of a sudden, we've decided to feature Lee as the primary target for BB5? What's going on here? We're not verticle like we were last year. The screens that we run are aweful.

Greg Roman just got fired from Buffalo. The dude had tyrod taylor looking good in a loss against the jets. He should not have been fired on Friday. But that mistake should be our opportunity.

Get Greg Roman in here ASAP. Let him run this offense. Let Marrone have a crack at HC and let's see what we got. This long nightmare should end. And it really should end today.

Flame away.

[Image: vetements-approche-feu.jpg]

Pass on Roman. Don't like his offense for this team.

Quote:As I see it, the Ivory injury and the Lee screens go hand-in-hand. That is, the latter is an attempt to make up for the former. When Ivory returns, I'm betting most of those screens go away.

We didn't have Ivory last year...  I honestly don't remember a single game where we had even 2 bubble screens in 2015.  All of a sudden the ghost of Jed Fish appears and takes over the body of Olsen?  It makes no sense.

Stick with what made you successful in 2015 untill you get Ivory back.  Besides, going verticle probably would have helped soften up the box for Yeldon to have more success.  But keeping everything short puts more bodies near the LOS.  I mean, do I really have to explain this to everyone again?

Has everyone forgotten the Jed Fish era???

I'm cool with Marrone. Pass on Roman.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Pass on Roman. Don't like his offense for this team.

LOL.  OK...  I didn't know that.  And I'll concede it, at take your word that that is correct...  Is is possible that the play calling is fine and Tyrod Taylor is just a moron?  

Look if Roman doesnt' work out, fine.  But at least the option is there and should possibly be considered.  If you all want to keep Olsen and not take a flyer on Roman, cool.  But at the end of the day, Bradley needs to be gone immediately.  Marrone is here and has HC experience.  Give him the golden whistle and let's right the ship.

I still think Roman should be given a shot at OC.  

And the 3 WR bunch sets...  OMG, seriously I'm having flashbacks to 2013...  The offense is going backwards...  

Quote:LOL. OK... I didn't know that. And I'll concede it, at take your word that that is correct... Is is possible that the play calling is fine and Tyrod Taylor is just a moron?

Look if Roman doesnt' work out, fine. But at least the option is there and should possibly be considered. If you all want to keep Olsen and not take a flyer on Roman, cool. But at the end of the day, Bradley needs to be gone immediately. Marrone is here and has HC experience. Give him the golden whistle and let's right the ship.

I still think Roman should be given a shot at OC.

Edited my comment to add stats but can't find them. His style doesn't fit with our receivers and his 49ers offense led the league in delay of game penalties for 3 years due to his slow play calling.

No problem with Marrone coaching the rest of the year. Sooner Goosey is gone the better for all.

Accountability

~JDR

Quote:As I see it, the Ivory injury and the Lee screens go hand-in-hand. That is, the latter is an attempt to make up for the former. When Ivory returns, I'm betting most of those screens go away.

As long as number 76 gets bull rushed, I think we will see a lot of screen plays. Does anyone have a picture of number 76 standing up after blocking?
Formerly known as The Real Joker

You want to promote the guy in charge of this o-line?

My initial thought about all the 'fire Gus' talk is that it's a 'knee jerk' reaction to what was essentially grossly inflated expectations from the fans due to the team over hyping the new talent acquired since last season. While there is a fair amount of truth to this, it isn't the whole picture. The Jags were in a losing slump (mostly due to poor drafting by our former GM) prior to his (Gus Bradley) coming here. We then completly gutted the roster and started over, essentially from scratch. It takes time to acquire talent so for the past few years Gus has had a 'free pass' due to the team being in 'rebuild mode'. However, it is generally agreed that the team now has the talent to be competitive; perhaps not ready for the play-offs just yet, but nevertheless good enough to turn in at least an 8-8 season this year. We are once again starting the season 0-2. While the loss to Green Bay was disappointing, at least it was to a probable super bowl contender. And though we lost that game, at least we were 'in it' until the end of the game.

...not so against San Diego; we looked bad from the very start, really bad. Our offense couldn't move the ball. Bortles was a turn over machine. Our defense allowed the bolts to march right down the field on thier first possesion and score... and they never even looked back after that. We only put points on the board in 'garbage time' after Philip Rivers took a seat and the outcome was certain.

The bottom line is that the Jags looked overwhelmed and utterly unprepared to come to San Diego and play at a high level of competency... and that is a coaching failure. So while some are crowing for Gus's head on a platter... or at least for him to be fired as HC at J'ville immediately, this is simply an unrealistic option. We have no one with a proven record who is a better option than Gus at the moment. Marrone? He had a losing record for the short time he was a HC. He would only be suitable here as a temporary coach until the end of the season.

I think the better option is to let the season continue to play out with Gus as HC. If we reach at least 8-8 then all is well and Gus is vindicated as a HC. It is much better to have continuity at HC than to have to continually start over from scratch. If we fail to reach 8-8 by seasons end (or sooner if it becomes impossible to do so) then Gus has exhausted all excuses for failure and should be fired. But we still have 14 games in front of us and we only need to win eight of them for it to all be good.

Frankly, I didn't see us winning in San Diego anyway; Phillip Rivers is an elite quarterback and we have a lot of rookies and new people on our defense. It shouldn't come as all that much of a shock (assuming you weren't overly buying into the team hype) that we lost. Of course, that doesn't explain our offense imploding the way it did Sunday. Lack of discipline (aka-penalties) and turn overs are killing us. Among other words, we nearly beat ourselves as much as the other team beats us. Again, that is a coaching problem.

And the play calls! Ollie... please, stop with the screens or go work somewhere else. With seconds left at the end of a close game and at half time you chose to run a screen play!? No wonder other teams smile at the thought of playing the Jags!

I think our best shot at our first win will probably come in London. For now, we need to just settle down and re-group and cease and desist with the moronic calls for terminating Gus Bradley right now. It ain't gonna happen folks, so cool your jets for a little longer until we have clear evidence for how this season is going to go.

Quote:I don't understand why so many people want to promote Marrone. In his very limited experience at HC, he has a losing record. We need to hire a winner and stay away from all these losers. He might be a good oline coach but that doesn't make him a good HC.

Winner coaches are hired in the offseason. Coaches are evaluated during the season, including interim HC.

I woner if we could lure in Josh Mc Daniels. Didnt like him as a head coach a few years ago but being under Bill I think he could be the next John Gruden

Quote:Fire Olsen? The man has transformed our offense into a powerhouse. They get stifled for one game and you want him fired?

You mean the garbage time powerhouse? Blake had 9-300 yard games. Nine losses. Super cool having a powerhouse offense when you're down 30.

We don't have a powerhouse offense incase you didn't detect the sarcasm
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>