Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Gus Bradley be Fired this season
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Fire Gus Bradley (MERGED)

Quote:If Caldwell and Khan are out looking for a new headcoach in 2017 it needs to be a proven commodity. They need to go out and break the bank for someone like Jim Harbaugh, Tom Coughlin, Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden. The only unknown commodity at headocach I'd be willing to see given the oppurtunity here is Matt Patricia from New England. And that's about it.

Agreed. Sick and tired of having to take the lumps of a new coach mistakes, only to see them leave and another franchise reap the benefits. We haven't had a proven commodity at coach ever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM by maheo30.)

I don't get the Marrone love. He's a proven failure. If we are going with an interim coach, give it to a guy who hasn't been fired before as a HC. Let him have a shot for the rest of the year. When he fails, we can go get someone good. Finallly, what would be the point of hiring Roman? He can't bring in his system. 

I dont know about firings (never been the one to ask for peoples jobs) how ever something has to change.  this team always starts slow or comes on in garbage time.  yes i said it garbage time.  Blake looked bad yesterday i dont care who's fault it is.  That was a pathetic showing by everyone.  I felt this team should have one a game like this against a team like this however even if they didnt win they should not have lost like that.  horrendous

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

There is no way we are bringing a new OC and system two games into the season. That's just not practical and no coordinator in their right mind would want to take on something like that as their rehearsal, so we can throw the whole Roman thing right out the window.

What we would be looking at is internal promotions until the next offseason rolls around.

I think Olson should stay. He's done a good job. Not every game is going to be Bortles throwing for 400.

There will be bad games and off days. We can bash the play calls all we want but Bortles wasn't executing yesterday, so Olson might have been trying to play it safe instead of throw an off Bortles to the wolves.

Just for the sake of continuity in not needing to learn a completely new PlayBook, Olson should get the season. On top of it, he certainly earned it with his success from last season.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Offer Bobby Petrino $100mil contract and draft skinny Lamar Jackson, chhhhammmpppiooonnshiiipppp

Quote:Both teams did a great job sticking it to ARob. I get the feeling Allen Robinson is only going to put up with that for so long. Get him on track again, and I'm sure the offense will take right back off where it was. I also feel like the Ivory loss really effected this team as he had become a major part of the gameplan this preseason. Simply put, firing Oley is NOT the answer.

As for Gus, I'm giving him a few more games to show something. The defense is brand new and may take more than two games to jell, but at this point the defense doesn't appear any better than what we've had over the past few years.

I understand the defense not gelling. You're right. There are a bunch of new and young guys on the team that need more time together. What I don't get is our offense. We didn't score until the 4th quarter and it was in garbage time when they were already up 35-0. There is absolutely no reason why our offense shouldn't be "gelled" by now.

I'm not on the Fire Olsen bandwagon just yet even though I think the play calling has been atrocious so far. The players aren't executing either so I'll give it till the end of the season.

Defensively though our scheme is garbage. There's too much talent to get steam rolled like that. LBs matching up against Benjamin, no one on one side of the field that lets a simple drag route for a TD, etc. Gus, Wash, and the scheme need to go.

I'm all in on Todd Haley becoming our next head coach.

We have the weapons to make his scheme work very well and he is tough aggressive kind of guy.

Can't think of any potential DCs for our defense. Maybe Nick Rapone the Cardinals DB coach?

Quote:I woner if we could lure in Josh Mc Daniels. Didnt like him as a head coach a few years ago but being under Bill I think he could be the next John Gruden

I wouldn't mind this. Would probably be my top choice besides Harbaugh. Just leave personnel power all to Caldwell.

please fire gus... PLEASE.... it is this franchise's only hope this season and moving forward, we can not win with this guy

Quote:please fire gus... PLEASE.... it is this franchise's only hope this season and moving forward, we can not win with this guy
Bring back Mel Tucker, he good and he wont cost a lot.

The next coach Khan hires will determine this franchise' longevity in Jacksonville. It is THAT important of a hire.

Quote:The next coach Khan hires will determine this franchise' longevity in Jacksonville. It is THAT important of a hire.
St Louis, London, or Oakland?

Marrone might be a decent interim coach, but he's not the long term answer. 

I think the Jags have to at least talk to Tom Coughlin. Even he said he still wants to coach, but it would only be for 3 -4 more years. Jim Harbaugh would be interesting and extremely expensive. I feel like he'd be interested in Indy if that becomes available.

Jags need an offensive minded head coach next time around and someone with some experience. Todd Haley might be ready for a second chance. A lot of people don't like McDaniels, but he's going to be a HC again eventually.

We have nothing to lose giving Marrone an interim job at this point.

I am not sure I get all the Marrone love. He has underwhelmed with the OL and was rejected by multiple teams with openings this off-season.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM by maheo30.)

Quote:I'm all in on Todd Haley becoming our next head coach.

We have the weapons to make his scheme work very well and he is tough aggressive kind of guy.

Can't think of any potential DCs for our defense. Maybe Nick Rapone the Cardinals DB coach?
I thought about him as well. However, I don't want a guy that failed somewhere else (19-26 with the chefs) I'd rather go with a guy that has been highly productive as a DC or OC and its time for his shot. A guy like Sean McDermott is a perfect example. Pete Carmichael is another example. He's been so good for so long it concerns me that he has never gotten an offer. You get my point though. 

Quote:Marrone might be a decent interim coach, but he's not the long term answer. 

I think the Jags have to at least talk to Tom Coughlin. Even he said he still wants to coach, but it would only be for 3 -4 more years. Jim Harbaugh would be interesting and extremely expensive. I feel like he'd be interested in Indy if that becomes available.

Jags need an offensive minded head coach next time around and someone with some experience. Todd Haley might be ready for a second chance. A lot of people don't like McDaniels, but he's going to be a HC again eventually.

Tom has had his issues even in NY. But at this point if this ship doesn't correct itself, I might be inclined to bring him back. An older coach on his last leg might be the perfect coach for this team. We can't mess around with another inexperienced coach to learn. This roster should be competitive. We have a foundation now both on offense and defense. We don't want another young coach coming here.

I agree 100% and I have been defending Gus.  Well no more.  I am tired of this team making a ton of mistakes and Good Old Boy Gus saying how great the team played and this guy didn't really play that badly.  Time to fire Pollyanna and Greg Olson.  Doug Marone has never been fired as a coach.  So make him the HC and hire Greg Olson.  I would fire Todd Walsh too but I don't see a better defensive coach out there.