Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Gus Bradley be Fired this season
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Fire Gus Bradley (MERGED)

I'd prefer an experienced previous NFL head coach, one with preferably a winning record.  But those are hard to come by.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's never who you think. College coaches become entrenched with huge guaranteed (even if you go to prison) contracts and benefits beyond your imagination with the power to control your athletic department. Those coaches are royalty and it's darn near impossible to fire them. Look how many years it took LSU to fire Les Miles.. literally like 5 years and he will stay in college for the same reasons as above. 

Then you have your Urban Meyers, Pete Carrols and Chip Kelly's who get out of dodge right before scandals come out . Ironically Kelly and Carroll are two of the three Head Coaches who's last job was on the collegiate level (Bill O'Brien who went from NE, to PSU and came back). My point here is that A) It's difficult to pull the good ones and B) The success level for guys with NFL experience is more valuable

Side note: Jeff Fisher would make a great college coach, he'd be one of the best recruiters like Saban, win 10 games a year with his garbage offenses and would find system QB's and could sit on his bum for 15 years.

Yeah.... I'd rather have a guy with some proven success in the league at least at the coordinator level.

+1 on this....College coaches sometimes get frustrated learning how to motivate the millionaires in the NFL.

Besides.....many college head coaches make more than NFL head coaches.

Some of them make scary money

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Steve spurrier

I think a few names come up. You can look at guys like Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh. They've been in the NFL before. Saban may have left Miami with a bad taste in it's mouth though so I don't know if the NFL owners forgive and forget that kind of thing. Harbaugh's success with Big Blue in Michigan is impressive. We know he can coach a team to a Superbowl. He had success with two different QBs and is honestly responsible for Alex Smith's revival in the NFL. Then I think you can start looking at other guys like David Shaw from Stanford and Urban Meyer from Ohio State. He was under Jim Harbaugh there before he left for San Francisco. And he's another guy that's been in the NFL before as an assistant coach and he's just a very young and bright minded head coach. I think he'd be a great coach here actually. Urban Meyer just seems to have success wherever he goes. I don't know if that makes him a good candidate for the NFL but at some point he may make the jump up. Then you can look at some sleeper coaches like Kirk Ferentz from Iowa who was seeing his name thrown around here a few years ago as a head coach candidate. He's done some good things in Iowa. And then my last coach would be someone like Les Miles. This a coach that just got fired from LSU despite being a pretty effective coach there. He just came up a little short here and there by better football teams. Les could be a good option. LSU has continuously churned out NFL talent year in and year out through the drafts. So he obviously knows how to get his talent coached up.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

When the time comes to replace Gus, the team isn't going to dip into the college ranks to find his replacement.  Especially for a guy like Urban Meyer.  Ferentz is a decade past being relevant in the NFL.  Harbaugh has his dream job.  He's not leaving.  Saban won't walk into a situation where he's in what is perceived to be a rebuilding project, so good luck luring him away from Alabama. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Oh, I hope I'm wrong too.  I just don't think Khan will fire mid-season barring total catastrophe.

Define "total catastrophe". 

And what about just "catastrophe"?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The best option would be Mike Smith IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Need a Josh McDaniels or Norv Turner.

Quote:Need a Josh McDaniels or Norv Turner.
josh couldnt succeed without bill and Norv doesnt do anything special

I may be in the minority with this but, I hope the jags lose and lose in a terrible fashion. Gus is fired Oct 4 and Marrone or whoever takes over and the Jags win out and make playoffs. Unfortunately, if the Jags win out from here on, every week I'll be on edge thinking this [BLEEP] clown will keep his job until he's actually proven he can do it.

I think he's gone if we lose this week

Quote:Need a Josh McDaniels or Norv Turner.

Norv Turner has been a three-time failure. No thanks.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I think he's gone if we lose this week

Not going to happen. Gus is here till the end of season.

I don't mind a young coach like Josh McDaniels who has had a HC gig before and comes from a winning organization.  We just don't need a college HC nor someone who has only been a coordinator in the past.  

No more defensive coaches.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No more defensive coaches.

Either or as long as they can develop talent, motivate, and call games.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Pete Prisco should coach us.

Get Boselli for OC

Lageman for DC

Scobee for QB

Quote:No more defensive coaches.

Quote:Either or as long as they can develop talent, motivate, and call games.

No more player's coaches!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.