Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Gus Bradley be Fired this season
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Fire Gus Bradley (MERGED)

Quote:Outside of making the playoffs, the writing is on the wall right now. You have seen the best GB has to offer. It isn't going to improve.
I thought the ceiling was a little higher, but his coaching abilities are going deeper than a NORAD bunker.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

so we'd go from seattle/tampa to buffalo/san fran
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

It's not gonna happen until the bye week. If it does at all.

Ill take Todd Haley or Josh Mcdaniels. Im losing hope in Gus. This game had to be one of the dumbest coached games Ive ever seen. Poz is covering their fastest WR on a deep route, Skuta is still in the line up when we have Myles Jack because of this "OTTO" position, The OL has no good depth and Jokel is terrible at blocking and excellent with penalties, still don't know why Cyprien is starting over Samples, The different DL packages look weak... there are so many problems and I don't think we really have time to correct them. We have 14 more games lets try to win half of those. 

Quote:Ill take Todd Haley or Josh Mcdaniels. Im losing hope in Gus. This game had to be one of the dumbest coached games Ive ever seen. Poz is covering their fastest WR on a deep route, Skuta is still in the line up when we have Myles Jack because of this "OTTO" position, The OL has no good depth and Jokel is terrible at blocking and excellent with penalties, still don't know why Cyprien is starting over Samples, The different DL packages look weak... there are so many problems and I don't think we really have time to correct them. We have 14 more games lets try to win half of those. 
Poz in coverage is always a liability.  When they saw who he was lined up against on that play, they should have called a time out.  That didn't happen, and the rest is an embarrassing highlight reel. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Marrone hasn't developed the OL into a unit that can be relied upon to be effective and consistent.  How is he the savior for this team when Gus eventually gets the boot?

No doubt, he'd be the interim head coach if the dismissal happens mid-season, but I don't see him as a viable long-term option.

Not to be someone who can't let go of the past, but I've spoken to some inside the organization who have indicated that Tom Coughlin would be a viable option to replace Gus.  The team is well aware that he feels like he's got more good coaching left in him, and from what I understand, they agree, and are not terribly concerned about the age.  It would be interesting to see if that actually comes to fruition.

What we saw yesterday SHOULD trigger the end of the Bradley era.  It won't happen this week, but if the team continues to look this bad through the bye, he'll be done.  There's no way the team can carry him beyond that and hope to keep the fans.

I am also disappointed in the OL under Marrone. But if Gus is fired he would have to be replaced by someone on the coaching staff. Marrone has a losing record, but he did improve the Bills from 6-10 to 9-7, the only winning record for the Bills since 2004. Maybe he's just better as a head coach than as an OL coach.

Gus needs to go. I doubt the Jags will rally under either Marrone or Olson. Nonetheless, the message needs to be sent.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I am also disappointed in the OL under Marrone. But if Gus is fired he would have to be replaced by someone on the coaching staff. Marrone has a losing record, but he did improve the Bills from 6-10 to 9-7, the only winning record for the Bills since 2004. Maybe he's just better as a head coach than as an OL coach.

Gus needs to go. I doubt the Jags will rally under either Marrone or Olson. Nonetheless, the message needs to be sent.
And I think Gus' fate is now sealed.  That loss yesterday was another example of the team regressing when they should be making progress.  Too much has been invested in the defense to see them on their heels on the first drive of a game, and subsequently for the next 4 quarters.  When you've got a statue running for a first down, you know the wheels are falling off.

Marrone isn't the answer.

I think Khan is going to issue a mandate to Caldwell that he hire someone with a proven track record (not the tv analyst head coaches either).  I don't see us hiring another coordinator on the rise. 

Quote:Give Marrone the reigns. If he makes playoffs, give him the permanent job until he proves he isn't capable.

Otherwise, ENOUGH WITH FIRST TIME COACHES. We need a proven winner who either retired from the NFL or a guy who is a winner but just ran his course with a team. I.e, TC.

What NON first time coaches who were-are super successful are available for hire? Give me a break
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Ill take Todd Haley or Josh Mcdaniels. Im losing hope in Gus. This game had to be one of the dumbest coached games Ive ever seen. Poz is covering their fastest WR on a deep route, Skuta is still in the line up when we have Myles Jack because of this "OTTO" position, The OL has no good depth and Jokel is terrible at blocking and excellent with penalties, still don't know why Cyprien is starting over Samples, The different DL packages look weak... there are so many problems and I don't think we really have time to correct them. We have 14 more games lets try to win half of those. 

No to these too.  BIG FAT  NO!

<span style="font-size:14px;">No more failed retreads please.  </span>

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I am saying yes because of the record, poor game planning, lack of adjustments, clock management, and about 100 numerous other reasons.  If we go into the bye week 0-4 I hope Khan is smart enough to let him go then.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 11:49 AM by jagforlife85.)

Incompetent coaches have a habit of pigeonholing guys into certain positions, "leo", "otto", etc. Myles Jack best position is weak-side linebacker but the fact that Telvin plays that position creates a quagmire for this coaching staff, they don't possess the creativity to get their best players on the field all at once. I look at what the Cardinals D-coordinator (James Bettcher) did with Deon Bucannon, they drafted him in the 1st round (to play SS) but the incumbent starert performed above expectations in the preseason. Instead of benching the effective incumbent starter or letting their prized 1st round pick ride the pine, they simply moved Buccanon into a hybrid Mike-linebacker position, where he's since excelled. That's an example of coaches can get CREATIVE to get their best players on the field all at once, speaking of Bettcher, he'll be a hot name this off-season, along with Patriots D-coordinator Matt Patricia.

We should fire u

The Jags won't be hiring a hot coordinator to replace Gus.  Khan is going to want someone with a head coaching background.

Quote:The Jags won't be hiring a hot coordinator to replace Gus.  Khan is going to want someone with a head coaching background.

I agree, we can't afford to take chances on unknowns. 

Quote:What NON first time coaches who were-are super successful are available for hire? Give me a break

Gruden, Cowher, Coughlin.

What if this team is 0-4 heading into the bye week?  Is he walking then?

I said it years ago gus was a bad choice as HC. everyone doubted me. We need a HC thats gonna get on the players. That was even before the team started loseing. Jags have always been type of team that need players pushed by a firey HC.  

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:What if this team is 0-4 heading into the bye week?  Is he walking then?
No, it will destroy the culture and continuity.

If we were to get rid of this entire coaching staff by the end of the season, who would you want as you head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator? If you pick a head coach I assume that the head coach hires the rest of the staff not Caldwell.

I would like Todd Haley as a head coach. He is a offensive mind genius and would be a great help to Blake. I do not know who he would pick as OC or DC.

Quote:No, it will destroy the culture and continuity.
What the losing culture we have built?  Maybe I missed  /sarcasm