Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Football is Gay

In 2006 Americans opposed same sex marriage by a 60/40 split. In 2019 fewer than half of Conservative Republicans supported same sex marriage. Call it what you want, but you know the truth.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-03-2021, 07:01 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: LGBT people: "We just want to live in a society that allows us to love who we love and raise a family and be free from persecution."

Conservatives: "Man, why do you keep saying this [BLEEP]? Can't you just shut up?"

But that is not what is happening.  Once upon a time the message was accept us, now it is you MUST celebrate us.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-05-2021, 08:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: In 2006 Americans opposed same sex marriage by a 60/40 split. In 2019 fewer than half of Conservative Republicans supported same sex marriage. Call it what you want, but you know the truth.

Who cares? Unlike race and gender, marriage is an actual social construct. The Supreme Court never should have ruled in favor of gay marriage in the first place. It should have simply replaced marriage with civil unions and limited the government's role to simple legal practices. Anyone who can consent can have a civil union with whomever they want. Period. 

The primary opposition to gay marriage comes almost exclusively from religious conservatives, who believe marriage is a religious practice and ordained by God. you aren't going to move that needle, and linking religious objections to conservatism is missing the point. Additionally, citing all Americans in 2006 is not the same as citing conservative Republicans, so you're using a flawed comparison to make it appear like nothing has changed. Compare apples to apples, and it will become clear that the trend it towards acceptance. Want me to flesh that data out for you, too? Care to concede your point when I take the time to do the math? Or are the goal posts going to move again?

The simple fact of the matter is that the celebration of LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with righting a wrong. It's textbook deconstructionism. You know this is true. Well, you should.

(07-05-2021, 10:01 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 08:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: In 2006 Americans opposed same sex marriage by a 60/40 split. In 2019 fewer than half of Conservative Republicans supported same sex marriage. Call it what you want, but you know the truth.

Who cares? Unlike race and gender, marriage is an actual social construct. The Supreme Court never should have ruled in favor of gay marriage in the first place. It should have simply replaced marriage with civil unions and limited the government's role to simple legal practices. Anyone who can consent can have a civil union with whomever they want. Period. 

The primary opposition to gay marriage comes almost exclusively from religious conservatives, who believe marriage is a religious practice and ordained by God. you aren't going to move that needle, and linking religious objections to conservatism is missing the point. Additionally, citing all Americans in 2006 is not the same as citing conservative Republicans, so you're using a flawed comparison to make it appear like nothing has changed. Compare apples to apples, and it will become clear that the trend it towards acceptance. Want me to flesh that data out for you, too? Care to concede your point when I take the time to do the math? Or are the goal posts going to move again?

The simple fact of the matter is that the celebration of LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with righting a wrong. It's textbook deconstructionism. You know this is true. Well, you should.

You're welcome, as always, to do what you like. The end result will be the same, homosexuals have been second class citizens in this Country for almost all of its history and though that has recently trended the opposite direction (hence the 2006 stat showing where we came from) the most resistance to it today is still from Conservative circles (the 2019 number). I guess I should've included the additional stat that all Americans as of 2019 now support gay marriage by a 70/30 split, my fault for leaving that out. In 15 years we saw a tremendous flip in our perception of homosexuality, but my point is that everyone else pretty much accepts homosexuality except for just more than half of Conservatives many of whom are, as you say, frequently Evangelical Republicans, no fruit required. As a Libertarian I support your point that government should have no role in marriage; as a human being I cannot in good conscience condone excluding homosexuals from the institution as they have been for the last 240 years of American history.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm not sure what we're doing with this conversation. I am contesting the idea that we need to celebrate LGBTQ+, and I'm pointing out that people are justified at being annoyed with these issues being thrust to the forefront of society. In support of that argument, I gave an example of another marginalized group that faced persecution throughout history, and pointed out that we didn't celebrate them to right the wrong. We just pushed back against the idea until people realized their humanity, then everything else fell into place. I have conceded that LGBTQ+ have been marginalized. I have conceded that there are still conservatives that hold bigoted views (as evidenced in this thread). I am simply contesting the idea that the parades and awareness are less about righting that wrong and more about subverting the culture. To that end, you haven't even attempted to address my grievance.

There have been many marginalized groups in US history. We have one black history month. No black parades. No Native parades. No blind history month. No blind parades. No Irish history month. No left handed parades.... this list could go on forever. So, what, pray tell, is the primary driver for the celebration of LGBTQ+ in American society? What makes it so special and necessary? The frequency and visibility of LGBTQ+ celebrations are unmatched, and it hardly fits with their level of persecution. It does fit with the philosophical underpinnings of the intellectual and cultural elites in this country that want to fundamentally change the cultural characteristics of the US. The common folk have every right to push back against that cultural shift in the EXACT same way they have the right to push back against the white supremacist accusation and the anti-patriotism movement. Put 2 and 2 together, my dude.

(07-05-2021, 02:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm not sure what we're doing with this conversation. I am contesting the idea that we need to celebrate LGBTQ+, and I'm pointing out that people are justified at being annoyed with these issues being thrust to the forefront of society. In support of that argument, I gave an example of another marginalized group that faced persecution throughout history, and pointed out that we didn't celebrate them to right the wrong. We just pushed back against the idea until people realized their humanity, then everything else fell into place. I have conceded that LGBTQ+ have been marginalized. I have conceded that there are still conservatives that hold bigoted views (as evidenced in this thread). I am simply contesting the idea that the parades and awareness are less about righting that wrong and more about subverting the culture. To that end, you haven't even attempted to address my grievance.

There have been many marginalized groups in US history. We have one black history month. No black parades. No Native parades. No blind history month. No blind parades. No Irish history month. No left handed parades....  this list could go on forever. So, what, pray tell, is the primary driver for the celebration of LGBTQ+ in American society? What makes it so special and necessary? The frequency and visibility of LGBTQ+ celebrations are unmatched, and it hardly fits with their level of persecution. It does fit with the philosophical underpinnings of the intellectual and cultural elites in this country that want to fundamentally change the cultural characteristics of the US. The common folk have every right to push back against that cultural shift in the EXACT same way they have the right to push back against the white supremacist accusation and the anti-patriotism movement. Put 2 and 2 together, my dude.

I'm not saying "we" need to celebrate it, but I understand exactly why they do. Conservatives, who were and are the prime resistance to allowing them into civil society, do not and frequently come out against it as you have here. Hence their militant response of "We're here, we're queer, deal with it." Had they not fought for their rights they would still be without them, because unlike the abolitionist movement not many people are willing to go to war to free them from the discrimination American Society foisted upon them. That's why I understand their putting in in everybody's face, because that's how they are winning. Alternatively I believe that corporations are shamelessly self-interested when they got "woke" on this and other issues recently and I don't think they care at all about "righting wrongs" as much as they are virtue signaling. It's really not as complex as you're making it.

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 08:29 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Sigh. It's not complex. It's just deeper than you seem to realize. Let me give you the short version, which can be easily documented, if necessary.

Hegelianism>Marxism>Neo-Marxist>Critical Theory>Post Modernism>Intersectionalism>Social Justice>Critical Race Theory

Basically, the Frankfurt school looked at the pillars that they believed supported the cultural beliefs that allowed the oppressor class to control society. They wished to apply the Hegelian dialectic to these pillars to collapse said culture. Post Modernism came along and, having been completely disillusioned by Marxism, basically said it is impossible to know what is true. Intersectionalism, took those ideas, combined them with Neo-Marxism, and said, since we can't know truth, the oppressed class should have the biggest voice as it pertains to their issue, which conveniently allows them to co-opt the "oppressed" to implement systemic change in the form of Social Justice. Critical Race Theory has been around since Post Modernism (maybe even earlier), but has been repurposed as a trojan horse to push these ideas into society. Laced throughout all of these ideologies is the concept of sexual liberation. It has it's own subcategories, but none of them have dominated academic thought like the ones I mentioned, but it has the common thread of cultural subversion.

Now most people aren't aware of the intentionality of any of this. They are capable of picking up the meme'd version of these concepts, which purposefully leave out the end goal. It creates a horde of people that operate based on their feeling without regard to the impact of those feelings, both on the left and the right. The left attaches to the victimhood or social concepts, while the right attaches to the traditional or patriotic aspect. Each believing the other to be radical. Either way, it is a fight for cultural influence, and the right, especially, is keen enough to pick up on it, even if they don't understand the finer details. The problem is that they use their gut instincts and lash out at the plebes on the left who aren't aware of the intentionality of this either, and both sides get reduced to "traitor" and "bigot."

As for the corporations, again, they are being weaponized by China. One of the shortfalls of the American public is their limited attention span. China is fully aware of the ideologies listed above. They used something similar to topple the traditional structures after Mao won the revolution. They even have a word for "wokeness" in America. They set up the Confucius institute in American schools and Universities, and withdraw funding if they don't play by the rules. The same is true of our corporations. Follow the money, man. These businesses are not losing money hand over foot, or they wouldn't be doing this. China has learned to exploit corporate greed.

You are right in that this isn't that complex. You're just wrong in thinking it's organic.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 10:01 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-05-2021, 04:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sigh. It's not complex. It's just deeper than you seem to realize. Let me give you the short version, which can be easily documented, if necessary.

Hegelianism>Marxism>Neo-Marxist>Critical Theory>Post Modernism>Intersectionalism>Social Justice>Critical Race Theory

Basically, the Frankfurt school looked at the pillars that they believed supported the cultural beliefs that allowed the oppressor class to control society. They wished to apply the Hegelian dialectic to these pillars to collapse said culture. Post Modernism came along and, having been completely disillusioned by Marxism, basically said it is impossible to know what is true. Intersectionalism, took those ideas, combined them with Neo-Marxism, and said, since we can't know truth, the oppressed class should have the biggest voice as it  pertains to their issue, which conveniently allows them to co-opt the "oppressed" to implement systemic change in the form of Social Justice. Critical Race Theory has been around since Post Modernism (maybe even earlier), but has been repurposed as a trojan horse to push these ideas into society. Laced throughout all of these ideologies is the concept of sexual liberation. It has it's own subcategories, but none of them have dominated academic thought like the ones I mentioned, but it has the common thread of cultural subversion.

Now most people aren't aware of the intentionality of any of this. They are capable of picking up the meme'd version of these concepts, which purposefully leave out the end goal. It creates a horde of people that operate based on their feeling without regard to the impact of those feelings, both on the left and the right. The left attaches to the victimhood or social concepts, while the right attaches to the traditional or patriotic aspect. Each believing the other to be radical. Either way, it is a fight for cultural influence, and the right, especially, is keen enough to pick up on it, even if they don't understand the finer details. The problem is that they use their gut instincts and lash out at the plebes on the left who aren't aware of the intentionality of this either, and both sides get reduced to "traitor" and "bigot."

As for the corporations, again, they are being weaponized by China. One of the shortfalls of the American public is their limited attention span. China is fully aware of the ideologies listed above. They used something similar to topple the traditional structures after Mao won the revolution. They even have a word for "wokeness" in America. They set up the Confucius institute in American schools and Universities, and withdraw funding if they don't play by the rules. The same is true of our corporations. Follow the money, man. These businesses are not losing money hand over foot, or they wouldn't be doing this. China has learned to exploit corporate greed.

You are right in that this isn't that complex. You're just wrong in thinking it's organic.

I think you are too smart for your own good.  It takes a lot of brains to come up with some of the most convoluted conspiracy theories I've ever seen.  It takes a lot of creativity, too.

I'm against teaching so-called "critical race theory" in public schools, too.  But I think the simplest explanation of this whole debacle is probably the correct explanation.   My opinion is, the movement to teach "critical race theory" in the public schools is really just a bunch of liberals who think they know the unarguable settled truth.  That's the simplest explanation.

And the movement to ban it is simply people exercising their right to control how their children are educated.

(07-05-2021, 02:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:  The frequency and visibility of LGBTQ+ celebrations are unmatched, and it hardly fits with their level of persecution. 

Maybe they just like parties.  What's wrong with that?

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 09:49 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(07-06-2021, 09:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 02:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:  The frequency and visibility of LGBTQ+ celebrations are unmatched, and it hardly fits with their level of persecution. 

Maybe they just like parties.  What's wrong with that?

When skittles changed their bag to grey with the slogan of something like celebrating the only rainbow that matters... I just laughed so loud in the grocery store.

It's just so stupid. I mean... why? Who is that for? Is it going to make gay people buy more skittles? Is it to prove they care?

How about I don't care what your sexuality is.. I don't wanna see anyone celebrate what gender's orifice they stick their genitals into.

As an example.. in any movie when there is a sex scene I'm just like.. why? They're aren't really banging... they are pretending to. So kiss and fade to black. The implication is all we really need.

(07-06-2021, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 04:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sigh. It's not complex. It's just deeper than you seem to realize. Let me give you the short version, which can be easily documented, if necessary.

Basically, the Frankfurt school looked at the pillars that they believed supported the cultural beliefs that allowed the oppressor class to control society. They wished to apply the Hegelian dialectic to these pillars to collapse said culture. Post Modernism came along and, having been completely disillusioned by Marxism, basically said it is impossible to know what is true. Intersectionalism, took those ideas, combined them with Neo-Marxism, and said, since we can't know truth, the oppressed class should have the biggest voice as it  pertains to their issue, which conveniently allows them to co-opt the "oppressed" to implement systemic change in the form of Social Justice. Critical Race Theory has been around since Post Modernism (maybe even earlier), but has been repurposed as a trojan horse to push these ideas into society. Laced throughout all of these ideologies is the concept of sexual liberation. It has it's own subcategories, but none of them have dominated academic thought like the ones I mentioned, but it has the common thread of cultural subversion.

I think you are too smart for your own good.  It takes a lot of brains to come up with some of the most convoluted conspiracy theories I've ever seen.  It takes a lot of creativity, too.

I'm against teaching so-called "critical race theory" in public schools, too.  But I think the simplest explanation of this whole debacle is probably the correct explanation.   My opinion is, the movement to teach "critical race theory" in the public schools is really just a bunch of liberals who think they know the unarguable settled truth.  That's the simplest explanation.

And the movement to ban it is simply people exercising their right to control how their children are educated.

I dont think the public school system or any higher learning facilities should have any influence/teaching/indoctrination about anything concerning gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation/agenda. Those things should be learned by life and their own feelings about such matters. Kids in grade school have no idea about such things and should be able to "live and learn" and decide for themselves

Several years ago when Pride month came around and people on FB were either celebrating it or condemning it, I posted a statement (that I can't remember the gist of right now) and a liberal friend asked me why I made the comment. My answer was that I don't see the point in advertising who you prefer to sleep with or be in a relationship with. Literally no point.

And these days it's not just about advertising, but about forcing people to accept it. What and who you do is your business and I legit do not care, but trying to force me to agree with and accept it is not going to work.

Homosexuals may be considered second class citizens in society (not as much as people think) and if their goal is to get people to see them as just like everyone else, only they love the same sex, they need to stop wearing penis and [BLEEP] hats on their heads during parades and protests. Because for real....who is going to take those folks seriously? I damn sure don't. The LGBTQ community needs to stop letting the radicals in their own community speak for them. The majority of Americans are not radicals and don't respond to that behavior.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 12:30 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(07-06-2021, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

These ideas don't fall out of the [BLEEP] sky. I get that most people are unaware of how they come to believe certain information, but it's not just coming from your gut. There is almost always a trail of ideas that is built upon and reordered to create a mode of thought. Seriously. I can't tell you how annoying it is for otherwise smart people to bury their heads in the sand with regards to knowledge. We are always building on ideas that shape our values. In this way, cultural values are often no different than religion. 

You know who knew this? Gramsci. Here's an exact quote: "Socialism is the religion that must overwhelm Christianity." Why? Because he thought Christianity was one of the major obstacles to people accepting communism. His solution? To create a different religion that would overwhelm Christianity... which was socialism. You know who ran with that? The Frankfurt School.

All of this information is out there. None of it is conspiracy. I could easily link you to their works, but are you going to read it? You seem like you don't want to take the time to study this for yourself, but literally every single thing I wrote can be traced. You can also track the spread of these ideas in education and academia. It's not that hard to see, dude. It just takes time, and I am going on year 3 of studying this.

There are two types of leftists in this country. The first are Constitutional leftists, which are traditional JFK democrats who believe in social welfare, federalism, science, and individual liberties, The second are progressives, who value equity (not equality), systemic change (which is a complete overhaul of the US government), totalitarianism, activism, and social justice. Progressivism is LITERALLY shaped by the philosophies mentioned above. It's not a conspiracy theory, and, if you read ANY of the philosophy I was mentioning, you would realize that.

Progressives now dominate the academic, cultural, and journalistic institutions in this country, with a growing presence in wall street and the scientific institutions. Even though they are a minority, their public influence is extremely powerful. From everything I have read about your beliefs, you are a constitutional leftist (to which I am completely sympathetic), but you are slowly being converted to the latter, because of your unwillingness to acknowledge the change that's happening before your very eyes. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. You don't know how many people I know are duped because the assume the Atlantic is not subject to this kind of takeover, even though you can see that their editorial board is now progressive. Same with the NYT. When the editors change, the content changes. 

I know you think you weren't influenced that way, and neither do most people, but let me see if I can put this in which you can relate: One of the accurate theories behind Russiagate was that the Russian government was taking true sentiments that people felt about politicians, turning them into memes, then posting them on Facebook so they could be shared for the purpose of dividing the public and, mostly, to keep Hillary Clinton from winning the election. Russia supported Bernie and Trump. The left railed against this kind of foreign election interference. This is all true, and you probably don't have a hard time believing that. But why? According to you, that would just be a convoluted conspiracy theory. However, you make room for that idea, because it doesn't conflict with your world view. I am proposing nothing different. 

You have intellectual and cultural elites who are creating memes based on the philosophy above that resonates with certain individuals. They don't need to understand the ins and outs of it. I am going to make a follow up post that describes Critical Race Theory from a leftist point of view.

It's like Asians are being attacked daily by black white supremacists.

Whatever they can do to steer the narrative.

When morality dies, so does society. History repeats itself over and over and over.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-06-2021, 12:02 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: It's like Asians are being attacked daily by black white supremacists.

Whatever they can do to steer the narrative.

When morality dies, so does society. History repeats itself over and over and over.

I stated before that this was a conundrum for the left. How is a good progressive supposed to condemn white supremacy when the black folks are acting up? It's hilarious watching them avoid the obvious.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 12:21 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Taken from a progressive messageboard (which I no longer post on because of death threats, lol). As it goes on, it's easy to see what I was describing in my other post. Hegel>Marx>Frankfurt School>Critical Theory>Post Modernism>Intersectionalism>Social Justice. Try to use that brain of yours and see if you can see where each of these points intersect with their respective ideologies.

Quote:A refresher: What is Critical Race Theory after all? As drawn from the explicit answers to this question given by Kimberlé Crenshaw, Mari Matsuda, Charles Lawrence III, Richard Delgado, Devon Carbado, and others, we have, ordered thematically:

1. Race is Socially Constructed 

Race is not a natural, biological, “out there” entity such that it exists independently of law and society. Rather, it is a product of human social interaction, a construction of social reality. Further, race and racial categories were historically created to justify and maintain social hierarchy, slavery, and other forms of group-based exploitation, as well as to distribute rights, citizenship, privileges, access, and disparate advantages/disadvantages.

2. Differential Racialization 

Race, as an historically contingent artifact, was constructed to serve different social needs for differing social purposes at different times and in different places throughout history. Therefore, not all “races” were historically constructed along the same lines, nor imbued with the same set of characteristics, nor are these constructions particularly stable through time.

3. Intersectionality 

Further, because race has been socially constructed to serve different purposes for different groups at different times, race is inextricably linked with other social constructions and/or social arrangements developed by dominant groups to distribute protections, rights, citizenship, privileges, access, advantages, and disadvantages. As such, “race, class, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, nation, ability, and age operate not as unitary, mutually exclusive entities, but rather as reciprocally constructing phenomena" (Collins).

4. Racism is Endemic to American Life 

Because race was historically constructed by, in tandem with, and as integral to other central formative American systems and institutions—including American law, government, nation, politics, religion, human geography, economic structure, and distributive schemas—the attendant racial hierarchies and ideologies are likewise integral to American life and its institutions.

5. CRT is Skeptical of Claims to Neutrality, Objectivity, Color-Blindness, and Meritocracy 

Because racism is endemic to American life and institutions, concepts like neutrality, objectivity, color-blindness, and merit are viewed by CRT scholars as sites of racial formation and preservation, as historical artifacts containing their own racial ideologies, racial logics, and racial preferences, and are therefore legitimate sites of racial critique. CRT judges decision procedures not by their facial neutrality or objectivity, but by their remedial effectiveness in addressing the subordinated circumstances of people of color.

6. Racism is a Structural Phenomenon and Explains Current Maldistributions 

As such, racism is primarily a problem of historically racialized systems—created for the distribution of social, political, and economic goods—continuing to perform as it was historically created, even in our supposedly “post-racial” legal era.

7. CRT is Discontent with Liberalism and the Standard Racial Progress Narrative 

On the other hand, liberalism conceptualizes racism as an aberration, a departure from the social norm. Therefore, liberalism tends to idealize the problem of racism as (1) prejudice, bias, and stereotype, (2) discrimination, or “allowing race to count for anything,” and (3) mere physical separation of races. Liberal answers to racism, accordingly, are (1) increased knowledge, (2) color-blindness, and (3) racial “mixing”; and, of course, plenty of time to allow “enlightenment” to run its natural course. CRT scholars, alternatively—due to the contingent history of racial construction and the embedded nature of racism—view such liberal diagnoses and remedies as means of preserving the status quo, viz., preserving and legitimating the current maldistribution of social power and the racially subordinated circumstances embedded within.

8. Interest Convergence 

Because of the embedded nature of racism, due to the historical nature of racial construction, racial progress is often ephemeral, and always prioritized in contrast with the rest of the traditional liberal program—i.e., individual freedom, freedom of association, free markets, vested interests, property rights, etc. Significant change normally occurs only when the latter interests are threatened by racist policy and thereby converge with the interests of people of color. When these interests change, the fortunes of Black Americans are in turn reversed. The dialectic of racial reform and retrenchment is a central CRT analytic.

9. Unique Voice of Color Thesis 

Those who have been, and continue to be, marginalized through social identification with historically constructed groups are thereby uniquely placed to address their unique social, legal, political, and economic subordination, as they “are more likely to have had experiences that are particularly epistemically salient for identifying and evaluating assumptions that have been systematically obscured or made less visible as the result of power dynamics" (Intemann). In this manner, embedded, seemingly invisible, systems of racism can be made more visible to those who have been socialized as members of other historically constructed groups.

10. CRT Aspires to be Interdisciplinary and Eclectic 

Further, since race is not a natural entity but a social construct, and since racism is thereby embedded in American society through its historical construction, race and racism are particularly amenable to fruitful interrogation by aspects of both Critical Theory and post-modernism/structuralism. Accordingly, CRT scholars seek to deconstruct these systems and ideologies, but with an eye toward reconstruction and liberation. More broadly, CRT seeks to incorporate a wide range of traditions and disciplines in order to address the various and sundry ways racialization is embedded throughout society.

11. CRT is Both Theory and Praxis 

In the end, CRT seeks not only to understand race and racial subordination, but to change the subordinated circumstances of marginalized peoples. CRT scholars understand that consistent, effective, liberative critical social theory cannot separate the construction of social knowledge from the active redistribution of social power. 

I think most critical thinkers, myself included, can get on board with the first few points. That's the hook. It's the idea that is meme'd and gets sent out into society. However, for the progressive, it doesn't stop there. You can see how they shift the balance of power, and ultimately clamor for an entirely new system. It's not a conspiracy. It's hard-coded into their idealism. This is how they get their believers. It even mimics the Christian belief system.

Let me show you by breaking down Anti-Racism (basically Critical Race Theory cliff notes): All white people are racists (sinners), and must repent by acknowledging their racism (sin), put away the traditional society structure (the ways of the world), and follow the teachings of socialism (Christ), so they can enter into Utopia (heaven).

This [BLEEP] is a religion.

I appreciate you, Lucky2Last. You do the work for lazy thinkers like myself.

Awomen!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-06-2021, 12:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I appreciate you, Lucky2Last. You do the work for lazy thinkers like myself.

Thanks.

I have to say, that these freaks just declared war. DON'T MESS WITH MY KID, I WILL HURT YOU, I swear to God.

“You think that we’ll corrupt your kids. Funny, just this once, you’re correct. We’ll convert your children happens bit by bit, quietly and suddenly and you will barely notice it.”

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/sa...-children/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"