Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The DNC wants to censor your text messages

(07-14-2021, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 09:13 AM)Dimson Wrote: The issue here is if people get covid and die, it is blamed on covid, no matter the real reason they died. But if someone gets the vaccine and dies the next day, it is never the vaccine, it is always something else.

"Real" reason, LOL

This just screams confirmation bias

As in if they have cancer and die but have covid, it is always because of covid. Get in a car wreck, covid. Stub your toe, covid. Get the vaccine and die, not the vaccine.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-14-2021, 10:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: "Real" reason, LOL

This just screams confirmation bias

As in if they have cancer and die but have covid, it is always because of covid. Get in a car wreck, covid. Stub your toe, covid. Get the vaccine and die, not the vaccine.

Oh, I get it. 

It's just a small and irrelevant number in the scope of the 623,000 covid related deaths in the USA.  The vast majority of which were directly caused by COVID-19.

(07-14-2021, 07:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:03 PM)copycat Wrote: But again to the first point, I keep hearing “Even if you have had the virus you need the vaccine”.  Please correct me if I am wrong but if I have had the virus and even if the initial anti-bodies have subsided due to age/time my DNA knows what to do should I re-encounter the virus which is exactly what the vaccine is supposed to be doing?  

As to the second point you are ridiculing people that question the need of a vaccine for a virus with a mortality rate pretty close to equal to the common flu.  You appear to be lumping everyone with legitimate questions (that quite frankly go unanswered) with the extreme religious crowd that this is the “Mark of the Beast”.  And my gosh some of the responses globally have been exactly that.

As of now the research does not have a clear understanding of how long the immunity will last. With other coronaviruses like SARS and MERS the indications of long term immunity were present at 60 months and 24 months respectively but for 229E and OC43 there was no evidence of long term immunity at all. Because the current vaccine, like the flu shot, lessens severity in the event that you get it it's still a good idea to get the shot now while we still have uncertainty about the long term prospects.

Just to add on to the above, there are documented cases of people contacting COVID, surviving just fine, and then contracting it again and winding up hospitalized for a period of time.

(07-14-2021, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 10:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: As in if they have cancer and die but have covid, it is always because of covid. Get in a car wreck, covid. Stub your toe, covid. Get the vaccine and die, not the vaccine.

Oh, I get it. 

It's just a small and irrelevant number in the scope of the 623,000 covid related deaths in the USA.  The vast majority of which were directly caused by COVID-19.

Your favorite governor was responsible for the majority of those.

(07-14-2021, 10:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: As in if they have cancer and die but have covid, it is always because of covid. Get in a car wreck, covid. Stub your toe, covid. Get the vaccine and die, not the vaccine.

Oh, I get it. 

My point is no one wants to admit you could die from the vaccine. Even if the chance is one in a million, I am not taking that chance. Now if you were allowed to sue vaccine companies, that would be different, but you can't.

(07-14-2021, 10:56 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh, I get it. 

My point is no one wants to admit you could die from the vaccine. Even if the chance is one in a million, I am not taking that chance. Now if you were allowed to sue vaccine companies, that would be different, but you can't.

I admit that you could die from the vaccine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 11:53 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

Oh, I get it. 

So.... since flu deaths were only like a couple thousand...

Best year ever for virus-related deaths. HOORAY! We won!

Honestly I don't want to make light of it... but how many of that number were strong young adults? And how many were going to die very soon anyway? It's an important difference.

(07-14-2021, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 10:56 AM)Dimson Wrote: My point is no one wants to admit you could die from the vaccine. Even if the chance is one in a million, I am not taking that chance. Now if you were allowed to sue vaccine companies, that would be different, but you can't.

I admit that you could die from the vaccine.

Good. Glad someone is willing to admit it. Do I think the vaccine will kill me? Most likely not. But I don't do well with games of chance so me and my family are not going to risk it.

(07-14-2021, 11:51 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh, I get it. 

So.... since flu deaths were only like a couple thousand...

Honestly I don't want to make light of it... but how many of that number were strong young adults? And how many were going to die very soon anyway? It's an important difference.

Sure, if you look at elderly American citizens the same way you look at a herd of mule deer. Survival of the fittest and all. 

That's a hard sell to the millions of Americans who probably had ten good years left to make memories with a loved one over sixty y.o. who is now gone too soon from a pandemic that was tragically mismanaged.

(07-13-2021, 06:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 05:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Are they not in fact censoring if they do not allow what they call misinformation to be texted? And the federal government has exactly NO business interfering with peoples private conversations whether they be in a text or a phone call. Not when it comes to this. The article was correct when it said (and I paraphrase) misinformation according to the left and factual information are often the same. If you didn't see that part read it again. 

The article does say that is what they plan to do- not allow 'misinformation' to be texted. What that looks like exactly is yet to be determined. And that is censorship.

It says they are going to combat it, not disallow it.

WTH do you think that entails? Just telling people they can't share the info? Lol. No, they'll block it just like FB and google did and that is censorship.

(07-14-2021, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 11:51 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So.... since flu deaths were only like a couple thousand...

Sure, if you look at elderly American citizens the same way you look at a herd of mule deer. Survival of the fittest and all. 

That's a hard sell to the millions of Americans who probably had ten good years left to make memories with a loved one over sixty y.o. who is now gone too soon from a pandemic that was tragically mismanaged.

And that's your opinion and literally nothing more. Seriously.

Those elderly Americans would have died of the flu.. that's what I'm telling you. And go ahead and check the numbers to verify that.

(07-14-2021, 01:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 06:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It says they are going to combat it, not disallow it.

WTH do you think that entails? Just telling people they can't share the info? Lol. No, they'll block it just like FB and google did and that is censorship.

By communicating correct information and debunking the nonsense floating around in cyberspace. Blocking anything is an assumption.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-13-2021, 07:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Nobody is trying to keep right wingers from sharing stupid anti-vax memes with their friends.

The effort (that is merely being talked about thus far) is to target large scale auto-generated spam blasts of disinformation.
All you fearful folk getting fired up for this should probably just be thankful you may get less spam on your phone if this ever actually gets implemented.

I wish they would also target the spam texts I get from random numbers of random stupid stuff. I think the lady who had this number before me used the number for everything and 11 years later I still get texts and phone calls from shady outfits. Irritates me to no end. 

As for the subject at hand, I have a problem with the government targeting anyone who is not actively doing anything. Just because I receive an unsolicited random text from somewhere doesn't mean they should have access to my account, texts, etc. Find out who is sending it without violating everyone else's privacy and deal with them. We already know the government, when given an inch, will take several miles and something talked about today will happen at some point. That Branson fellow didn't just decide last week to go into space. He had to talk about it and formulate a plan of action. It took some time but we just saw the fruits of his labors.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 01:20 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(07-14-2021, 01:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 01:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: WTH do you think that entails? Just telling people they can't share the info? Lol. No, they'll block it just like FB and google did and that is censorship.

By communicating correct information and debunking the nonsense floating around in cyberspace. Blocking anything is an assumption.

This is the problem.

There is no "correct" information. It's guesswork. It's not facts.. it's just yea we guess in 10 years this won't harm you. But we don't frigging know.

It's a lot like the commercials for pharmaceuticals... "we're not sure why it works, but it does"

(07-14-2021, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 01:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: By communicating correct information and debunking the nonsense floating around in cyberspace. Blocking anything is an assumption.

This is the problem.

There is no "correct" information. It's guesswork. It's not facts.. it's just yea we guess in 10 years this won't harm you. But we don't frigging know.

Sure.

(07-14-2021, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sure, if you look at elderly American citizens the same way you look at a herd of mule deer. Survival of the fittest and all. 

And that's your opinion and literally nothing more. Seriously.

Those elderly Americans would have died of the flu.. that's what I'm telling you. And go ahead and check the numbers to verify that.

That's just your opinion and nothing more. Seriously.

See how this works? 

And BTW - those numbers you want me to check say you're full of [BLEEP]. 

34000 US flu deaths in 2018-2019. We've added 600,000 to that number with covid. No, those ppl wouldn't have just died anyway.

(07-14-2021, 02:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And that's your opinion and literally nothing more. Seriously.

That's just your opinion and nothing more. Seriously.

See how this works? 

And BTW - those numbers you want me to check say you're full of [BLEEP]. 

34000 US flu deaths in 2018-2019. We've added 600,000 to that number with covid. No, those ppl wouldn't have just died anyway.

You realize those numbers aren't real, right?

No state has to send in flu deaths, nor is any reporting of flu deaths anywhere mandatory nor are they tallied.

It's an estimation based on extrapolating the very little data that does get reported.

It's more complex than that. I took the time to look into their process (when losing a different argument), and I found it to be pretty thorough. Think of it this way, before COVID, the flu was a big money maker, and the people who had an interest in raising awareness and getting government grants were just as rigorous as their COVID counter parts.