Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The DNC wants to censor your text messages

I forward all of my texts to the DNC prior to sending.to my friends and family just to ensure everything that I state is in line with the Democratic Line Of Thinking (DLOT). Once they approve, I send accordingly. As such, if they are censoring my texts, perhaps I can eliminate the process of sending to them for review prior to issuance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-13-2021, 04:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 04:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Federal Government working with major cell providers to monitor SMS messages looking for information big tech has deemed as "misinformation".

What could possibly go wrong.

Lot's of things, but back to the point, there's still nothing in that article that says they are "going to censor your text messages", but it's inflammatory nature certainly gets the viewership all mad. And 'Big Tech"? Another bogeyman for the Right to caterwaul about.

Are they not in fact censoring if they do not allow what they call misinformation to be texted? And the federal government has exactly NO business interfering with peoples private conversations whether they be in a text or a phone call. Not when it comes to this. The article was correct when it said (and I paraphrase) misinformation according to the left and factual information are often the same. If you didn't see that part read it again. 

The article does say that is what they plan to do- not allow 'misinformation' to be texted. What that looks like exactly is yet to be determined. And that is censorship.

(07-13-2021, 05:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 04:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lot's of things, but back to the point, there's still nothing in that article that says they are "going to censor your text messages", but it's inflammatory nature certainly gets the viewership all mad. And 'Big Tech"? Another bogeyman for the Right to caterwaul about.

Are they not in fact censoring if they do not allow what they call misinformation to be texted? And the federal government has exactly NO business interfering with peoples private conversations whether they be in a text or a phone call. Not when it comes to this. The article was correct when it said (and I paraphrase) misinformation according to the left and factual information are often the same. If you didn't see that part read it again. 

The article does say that is what they plan to do- not allow 'misinformation' to be texted. What that looks like exactly is yet to be determined. And that is censorship.

It says they are going to combat it, not disallow it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-13-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'd rather die of COVID, something I may never get, than the vaccine for it.

And with a family history of heart problems including inflammation, it doesn't make sense for people like me to get it.

Well, except that a family history of heart problems increases your risks associated with contracting Covid.  1.

(07-13-2021, 03:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The main concern should be how would they know what "misinformation" is being spread via text message?

And that's why they are working with the SMS carriers.

(07-13-2021, 03:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: I had a customer who's ex husband  got the vaccine and died the next day from a aneurysm. Yeah, not getting the jab.

Yes, and I stubbed my toe after I ate eggs this morning. No more eggs for me, my toes are too important.  2

1.  But Correct me if I am wrong, the vaccine does not prevent the virus, but lesson the affect.

2.  You realize as a Libertarian you have evolved into quite the shot nazi?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-13-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'd rather die of COVID, something I may never get, than the vaccine for it.

And with a family history of heart problems including inflammation, it doesn't make sense for people like me to get it.

Well, except that a family history of heart problems increases your risks associated with contracting Covid.

(07-13-2021, 03:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The main concern should be how would they know what "misinformation" is being spread via text message?

(07-13-2021, 03:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: I had a customer who's ex husband  got the vaccine and died the next day from a aneurysm. Yeah, not getting the jab.

Yes, and I stubbed my toe after I ate eggs this morning. No more eggs for me, my toes are too important.

Now if you died from eating eggs, then what?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-13-2021, 05:13 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-c...ations-dnc

You can vote with your feet and boycott cell providers.

Of does the convenience of having a cell phone outweigh your faux outrage?

I can only imagine the “crickets” from you if the RNC wanted to check your text messages for disinformation.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 06:47 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-13-2021, 05:13 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-c...ations-dnc

You can vote with your feet and boycott cell providers.

If I find out my carrier is participating in this, I will drop them in a heartbeat.

Do you have any standards? Do you just take everything on the chin that is thrown at you with zero pushback?

(07-13-2021, 06:41 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 05:13 PM)captivating Wrote: You can vote with your feet and boycott cell providers.

I can only imagine the “crickets” from you if the RNC wanted to check your text messages for disinformation.

It would be quicker to check his texts for factual information.

(07-13-2021, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 02:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: What misinformation?

I mean... who gets to decide what's real and not?

Sigh...

Hideo Kojima is a brilliant man for seeing all this 20 years ago.

Misinformation like "I ain't gettin' the shot 'cause it'll give me the cooties." misinformation.

Exactly how is it the government’s business if I want to say that in private? You’re really okay with them deeming whats “misinformation” in your personal communications? Are you going to be okay if they decide to combat other forms of misinformation being spread in private by private citizens???
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-13-2021, 06:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Misinformation like "I ain't gettin' the shot 'cause it'll give me the cooties." misinformation.

Exactly how is it the government’s business if I want to say that in private? You’re really okay with them deeming whats “misinformation” in your personal communications? Are you going to be okay if they decide to combat other forms of misinformation being spread in private by private citizens???

Vaccines make you say crazy things.

(07-13-2021, 06:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 05:13 PM)captivating Wrote: You can vote with your feet and boycott cell providers.

If I find out my carrier is participating in this, I will drop them in a heartbeat.

Do you have any standards? Do you just take everything on the chin that is thrown at you with zero pushback?

I just laugh at "opinion" pieces like this that have no facts or evidence behind them.

If there was any remote fact behind this piece I would be concerned.

Tucker believes there are people in the ceiling panels in the Fox Office listening in on his conversation.

LOL

Nobody is trying to keep right wingers from sharing stupid anti-vax memes with their friends.

The effort (that is merely being talked about thus far) is to target large scale auto-generated spam blasts of disinformation.
All you fearful folk getting fired up for this should probably just be thankful you may get less spam on your phone if this ever actually gets implemented.

(07-13-2021, 06:36 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, except that a family history of heart problems increases your risks associated with contracting Covid.  1.

Yes, and I stubbed my toe after I ate eggs this morning. No more eggs for me, my toes are too important.  2

1.  But Correct me if I am wrong, the vaccine does not prevent the virus, but lesson the affect.

The effect of all vaccines is to create immunity by preloading the immune system with awareness of the virus and a supply of antibodies that immediately attack the virus when it encounters it, versus non-vaccinated people who's immune system can take weeks to create that awareness and generate those antibodies. So it's never about prevention, it's about response time.

I believe your second statement is unfair, I am presenting a case attempting to use facts and reason to persuade. That is the heart of Libertarianism while your use of "Nazi" implies force which none of my posting here has advocated at all. I posted a few days ago that I'm not in favor of door to door visits or mandatory vaccinations or even mandatory masking (subject to private property rights of course), and here I'm simply saying that Carlson is misconstruing what the actual report said to generate ratings as he is wont to do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 09:06 PM by copycat.)

(07-13-2021, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 06:36 PM)copycat Wrote: 1.  But Correct me if I am wrong, the vaccine does not prevent the virus, but lesson the affect.

The effect of all vaccines is to create immunity by preloading the immune system with awareness of the virus and a supply of antibodies that immediately attack the virus when it encounters it, versus non-vaccinated people who's immune system can take weeks to create that awareness and generate those antibodies. So it's never about prevention, it's about response time.

I believe your second statement is unfair, I am presenting a case attempting to use facts and reason to persuade. That is the heart of Libertarianism while your use of "Nazi" implies force which none of my posting here has advocated at all. I posted a few days ago that I'm not in favor of door to door visits or mandatory vaccinations or even mandatory masking (subject to private property rights of course), and here I'm simply saying that Carlson is misconstruing what the actual report said to generate ratings as he is wont to do.

But again to the first point, I keep hearing “Even if you have had the virus you need the vaccine”.  Please correct me if I am wrong but if I have had the virus and even if the initial anti-bodies have subsided due to age/time my DNA knows what to do should I re-encounter the virus which is exactly what the vaccine is supposed to be doing?  

As to the second point you are ridiculing people that question the need of a vaccine for a virus with a mortality rate pretty close to equal to the common flu.  You appear to be lumping everyone with legitimate questions (that quite frankly go unanswered) with the extreme religious crowd that this is the “Mark of the Beast”.  And my gosh some of the responses globally have been exactly that.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 09:29 PM by wrong_box.)

StroudCrowd1
(07-13-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, except that a family history of heart problems increases your risks associated with contracting Covid.

The Federal Government working with major cell providers to monitor SMS messages looking for information big tech has deemed as "misinformation".

What could possibly go wrong.

Exactly, in order to stop the "the spread of misinformation" they have to monitor your messages. Which gives way to "accidentally" finding things they "were not looking for" such as your personal interests, what groups you associate with, and grandma's secret recipes. What could they learn from corporate texts? This just another way to spy on Americans.

(07-13-2021, 06:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 06:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Exactly how is it the government’s business if I want to say that in private? You’re really okay with them deeming whats “misinformation” in your personal communications? Are you going to be okay if they decide to combat other forms of misinformation being spread in private by private citizens???

Vaccines make you say crazy things.

You are exactly THIS ^ stupid.

(07-13-2021, 06:38 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, except that a family history of heart problems increases your risks associated with contracting Covid.

Yes, and I stubbed my toe after I ate eggs this morning. No more eggs for me, my toes are too important.

Now if you died from eating eggs, then what?

Then there's still no correlation between eggs and my hurt toe.

(07-13-2021, 09:03 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The effect of all vaccines is to create immunity by preloading the immune system with awareness of the virus and a supply of antibodies that immediately attack the virus when it encounters it, versus non-vaccinated people who's immune system can take weeks to create that awareness and generate those antibodies. So it's never about prevention, it's about response time.

But again to the first point, I keep hearing “Even if you have had the virus you need the vaccine”.  Please correct me if I am wrong but if I have had the virus and even if the initial anti-bodies have subsided due to age/time my DNA knows what to do should I re-encounter the virus which is exactly what the vaccine is supposed to be doing?  

As to the second point you are ridiculing people that question the need of a vaccine for a virus with a mortality rate pretty close to equal to the common flu.  You appear to be lumping everyone with legitimate questions (that quite frankly go unanswered) with the extreme religious crowd that this is the “Mark of the Beast”.  And my gosh some of the responses globally have been exactly that.

As of now the research does not have a clear understanding of how long the immunity will last. With other coronaviruses like SARS and MERS the indications of long term immunity were present at 60 months and 24 months respectively but for 229E and OC43 there was no evidence of long term immunity at all. Because the current vaccine, like the flu shot, lessens severity in the event that you get it it's still a good idea to get the shot now while we still have uncertainty about the long term prospects.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 09:14 AM by Dimson.)

(07-14-2021, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 06:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: Now if you died from eating eggs, then what?

Then there's still no correlation between eggs and my hurt toe.

The issue here is if people get covid and die, it is blamed on covid, no matter the real reason they died. But if someone gets the vaccine and dies the next day, it is never the vaccine, it is always something else.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-14-2021, 09:13 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Then there's still no correlation between eggs and my hurt toe.

The issue here is if people get covid and die, it is blamed on covid, no matter the real reason they died. But if someone gets the vaccine and dies the next day, it is never the vaccine, it is always something else.

[Image: tenor.png]

(07-14-2021, 09:13 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Then there's still no correlation between eggs and my hurt toe.

"Real" reason, LOL

This just screams confirmation bias