Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Democrats accuse Chick-fil-A of discrimination, want to ban it from rest sto

New York Democrats accuse Chick-fil-A of discrimination, want to ban it from rest stops

Democratic legislators in New York are opposing plans to open Chick-fil-A restaurants at rest stops in the state, citing the fast-food chain’s past donations to groups accused of opposing same-sex marriage.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/chick...-donations
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2021, 09:11 PM by p_rushing.)

(07-13-2021, 06:53 PM)The Drifter Wrote: New York Democrats accuse Chick-fil-A of discrimination, want to ban it from rest stops

Democratic legislators in New York are opposing plans to open Chick-fil-A restaurants at rest stops in the state, citing the fast-food chain’s past donations to groups accused of opposing same-sex marriage.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/chick...-donations
This is stupid because Chick-fil-A wouldn't control any of it. It's basically just a license and whatever the vendor is supplies the labor. Unless these are different than every other rest stop in the NE. Chick-fil-A wouldn't make much of anything on it and some union heavy company would be making the money.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Man, Chic-fil-a has the best chicken and service of any other fast food chain. Plus they give their employees Sundays off. Like I said in another thread, it’s like that religious group is being primed to be the bad guys. I’ll still keep eating CFA whenever I’m available to. Mainly because of their good food, service and well, they stand for real values. Call me gay all you want but I’ll choke on their chicken.

(07-13-2021, 09:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Man, Chic-fil-a has the best chicken and service of any other fast food chain. Plus they give their employees Sundays off. Like I said in another thread, it’s like that religious group is being primed to be the bad guys. I’ll still keep eating CFA whenever I’m available to. Mainly because of their good food, service and well, they stand for real values. Call me gay all you want but I’ll choke on their chicken.
Unfortunately these locations have outside vendors staffing them and the quality of service and food suffers. They still have to close Sunday but they don't hire the same quality of people. Not sure if they control the wages paid or if the vendor does but you won't find a smiling, polite, and helpful face very often.

(07-13-2021, 09:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Man, Chic-fil-a has the best chicken and service of any other fast food chain.  Plus they give their employees Sundays off.  Like I said in another thread, it’s like that religious group is being primed to be the bad guys.  I’ll still keep eating CFA whenever I’m available to.  Mainly because of their good food, service and well, they stand for real values. Call me gay all you want but I’ll choke on their chicken.
Unfortunately these locations have outside vendors staffing them and the quality of service and food suffers. They still have to close Sunday but they don't hire the same quality of people. Not sure if they control the wages paid or if the vendor does but you won't find a smiling, polite, and helpful face very often.

Ah… You mean they don’t say “my pleasure” when you thank them?  Screw them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares if they opposed gay marriage? That is their right.

(07-13-2021, 10:27 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Who cares if they opposed gay marriage?  That is their right.

Yeah it isn't like them saying they won't serve gay people or even hire gay people.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]