Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ZZ Top Legend Dusty Hill Dead at 72 Read More: ZZ Top Legend Dusty Hill Dead at 72 |

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 10:50 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

ZZ Top Legend Dusty Hill Dead at 72  Read More: ZZ Top Legend Dusty Hill Dead at 72 |

ZZ Top icon Dusty Hill has died at age 72. According to bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, Hill passed away in his Houston, Texas, home.

https://loudwire.com/zz-top-dusty-hill-d...m=referral
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Got to see them 3 times, first time in 1983. Very good live band. RIP
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Apparently the tour is continuing on in his absence.

Quote:On Wednesday, park officials released the following statement:

“We are deeply saddened by the news of Dusty Hill’s passing. Our thoughts are with his family and bandmates. As of now, concert organizers have communicated that Saturday’s performance at Wild Adventures will continue as scheduled.”

There supposed to be playing this weekend. I couldn't imagine getting on stage that soon after losing someone you spent the past 50 years with.

I hope the show kicks some major Tush.

(07-29-2021, 10:08 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Got to see them 3 times, first time in 1983. Very good live band. RIP

I saw them about the same year. No gimmicky lights and effects, just a good music show.

RIP Dusty.

I want to thank you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I got to be part of the road crew/engineer team for them at a small venue back in 1987 IIRC.  I had a good friend who ran a sound company and was sub-contracted for the performance.  Got to meet all three members of the band.  Great group of guys and great music.

RIP Dusty

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.