Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
KISS MY MASK!

Conservative reaction pours in after Dem mayors, governors impose new mask mandates: 'Kiss my mask'

The CDC said this week that even vaccinated individuals in areas deemed as high-risk should return to wearing masks indoors

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republi...ndates-cdc
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 07:57 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's so stupid. What the big freaking deal? Just wear the stupid mask until this corona crap is hopefully finally over. I dont love it, but I put my jaguars mask on and represent everyday. It's no big deal. As far as people in Congress go, they should be setting a good example. Working folks dont have time for their dumb political games. That goes for democrats or Republicans

Are we conceding that masks work again, and being non-vaccinated is OK as long as you wear a mask?

(07-30-2021, 08:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are we conceding that masks work again, and being non-vaccinated is OK as long as you wear a mask?

Masks do work, just not how people think they work.  We've been over this what feels like 1,000 times already.  If you can't understand it, then you are being extremely dense.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 09:18 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

The reason mask mandates are being reenacted is to protect those who aren't vaccinated. The vast majority of those who aren't vaccinated do so because of personal beliefs. It seems to me, then, the onus should be on the no-maskers to protect themselves by obtaining masks which protect against the virus and leave the rest of us alone.

(07-30-2021, 09:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The reason mask mandates are being reenacted is to protect those who aren't vaccinated. The vast majority of those who aren't vaccinated do so because of personal beliefs. It seems to me, then, the onus should be on the no-maskers to protect themselves by obtaining masks which protect against the virus and leave the rest of us alone.

Aside from the fact that masks probably do very little to stop the spread, I agree with you. If you choose not to get vaccinated, you are agree to fend for yourself and roll the dice with Covid. This includes government funding. I think FSG would argue that this approach puts an undo strain on the healthcare system, and he is correct.

(07-30-2021, 10:29 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 09:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The reason mask mandates are being reenacted is to protect those who aren't vaccinated. The vast majority of those who aren't vaccinated do so because of personal beliefs. It seems to me, then, the onus should be on the no-maskers to protect themselves by obtaining masks which protect against the virus and leave the rest of us alone.

Aside from the fact that masks probably do very little to stop the spread, I agree with you. If you choose not to get vaccinated, you are agree to fend for yourself and roll the dice with Covid. This includes government funding. I think FSG would argue that this approach puts an undo strain on the healthcare system, and he is correct.

Smokers and self-inflicted diabetics also put an undo strain on the healthcare system.

(07-30-2021, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:29 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Aside from the fact that masks probably do very little to stop the spread, I agree with you. If you choose not to get vaccinated, you are agree to fend for yourself and roll the dice with Covid. This includes government funding. I think FSG would argue that this approach puts an undo strain on the healthcare system, and he is correct.

Smokers and self-inflicted diabetics also put an undo strain on the healthcare system.

Yes, but not in overwhelming numbers in a three week period of time.

And yes, L2L is right. Masking is one component of prevention, but we aren't doing all of the components anywhere near effectively enough for them to matter, so a masking mandate is just so much theater.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-30-2021, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Smokers and self-inflicted diabetics also put an undo strain on the healthcare system.

And yes, L2L is right. Masking is one component of prevention, but we aren't doing all of the components anywhere near effectively enough for them to matter, so a masking mandate is just so much theater.

Seeing as more people keep fidgeting their mask, ruining its efficacy anyway...... they're actually probably getting infected more that way then if they just stayed away from people

(07-30-2021, 10:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, but not in overwhelming numbers in a three week period of time.

Seeing as more people keep fidgeting their mask, ruining its efficacy anyway...... they're actually probably getting infected more that way then if they just stayed away from people

When I see a cloth mask hanging up on a rearview mirror I ask myself how often it gets put in the washing machine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-30-2021, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Smokers and self-inflicted diabetics also put an undo strain on the healthcare system.

What are the other components of prevention?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-30-2021, 08:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, but not in overwhelming numbers in a three week period of time.

Duck and cover

(07-30-2021, 08:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Hand washing and not touching your face are the big ones. Avoiding sneezing or coughing into your hands. Sanitization of visibly soiled surfaces. Avoiding social situations when you have symptoms/avoiding symptomatic people. Those are the fundamentals of infection control but it's hard to do it well and consistently in public settings. We have to pass an exam on these principles every year in our mandatory education, so it's pretty well reinforced in the health care setting.

(07-30-2021, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 08:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: What are the other components of prevention?

Hand washing and not touching your face are the big ones. Avoiding sneezing or coughing into your hands. Sanitization of visibly soiled surfaces. Avoiding social situations when you have symptoms/avoiding symptomatic people. Those are the fundamentals of infection control but it's hard to do it well and consistently in public settings. We have to pass an exam on these principles every year in our mandatory education, so it's pretty well reinforced in the health care setting.

I probably touch my face too much but I've got the other ones down.  Thanks for the tips!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of the old RHCP song called 'suck my kiss' lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2021, 09:02 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-31-2021, 07:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of the old RHCP song called 'suck my kiss' lolol

I thought of that as well.  Good song!   My phone even on shuffle plays it more often than I think it should.  Good thing I like it.

(07-31-2021, 08:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 07:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of the old RHCP song called 'suck my kiss' lolol

I thought of that as well.  Good song!   My phone even on shuffle plays it more often than I think it should.  Good thing I like it.

Good stuff duder!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]