Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Camping With FBT: 7/30 Practice Session

Rust my foot. Excellent job FBT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As usual I can almost visualize what is going on out there.  Great job as always FBT!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thank you Tim! I'm coming around to getting excited about this season. Reading your report and your thoughts on TL gives me hope that we are headed in the right direction. I'm a Minshew fan for sure but I'm a Jaguars fan first so I'll cheer on both guys.

Did you say Minshew has no mullet?!

(08-01-2021, 11:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thank you Tim! I'm coming around to getting excited about this season. Reading your report and your thoughts on TL gives me hope that we are headed in the right direction. I'm a Minshew fan for sure but I'm a Jaguars fan first so I'll cheer on both guys.

Did you say Minshew has no mullet?!

Correct, he cut off his mullet back in June.

thank you very much for the inside training camp info FBT. I am looking forward to this year too. i do have a question though.  every time jags get a new HC we here how the culture will change, and it doesn't at all. I am hopeing that a culture change is becomeing a

realitly with Urban,or that it will in time.  heres my question FBT even though it was non-contact could you feel any change in the jags culture at all in camp?  also like everyone else said excellent job with the camp report FBT.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

FBT, are you planning on making it out to any of the remaining practices open to the public? I find your write-ups far more comprehensive and enjoyable than any others out there.

Thanks FBT. You still got it.

(08-03-2021, 06:29 PM)DawgJag Wrote: FBT, are you planning on making it out to any of the remaining practices open to the public? I find your write-ups far more comprehensive and enjoyable than any others out there.

I am.  I should be out there this weekend.

Thanks!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-02-2021, 07:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thank you very much for the inside training camp info FBT. I am looking forward to this year too. i do have a question though.  every time jags get a new HC we here how the culture will change, and it doesn't at all. I am hopeing that a culture change is becomeing a

realitly with Urban,or that it will in time.  heres my question FBT even though it was non-contact could you feel any change in the jags culture at all in camp?  also like everyone else said excellent job with the camp report FBT.

Wolfie, any time they change coaches, there is a culture change that follows.  Whether or not that cultrue change is a good thing remains to be seen from coach to coach.  It is safe to assume that the changes we've seen over the past several coaches hasn't exactly inspired confidence, but there's definitely a different feel with Urban.  Everything is very structured, and very professional.  I think we're seeing something that's closer to what we saw with Coughlin than with Mullarkey, Bradley, or Marrone.  

I do like what I'm hearing out of camp since the pads went on yesterday.  Urban is actually having the PA announcer indicate who got the upper hand on any given play.  This is a motivational tactic to make sure you're not the guy who is constantly getting beaten.  Urban is the one deciding who won the match-up, so it's interestingi to see how that plays out.  He also isn't afraid to call out players he feels aren't carrying their weight.  He did it with DJ Chark to start OTAs challenging him to get more physical, and it worked.  He's doing it now with CJ Henderson by putting him on the exercise bike right in front of the team while they're doing stretches to motivate him to get back on the field.  I think Urbs thinks CJ might be sandbagging it a bit.

We haven't had a coach who was willing to be so open about calling players out, and I actually appreciate it.  The players may not like it, but there's a simple solution.  Do your job.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(08-04-2021, 01:51 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 07:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thank you very much for the inside training camp info FBT. I am looking forward to this year too. i do have a question though.  every time jags get a new HC we here how the culture will change, and it doesn't at all. I am hopeing that a culture change is becomeing a

Wolfie, any time they change coaches, there is a culture change that follows.  Whether or not that cultrue change is a good thing remains to be seen from coach to coach.  It is safe to assume that the changes we've seen over the past several coaches hasn't exactly inspired confidence, but there's definitely a different feel with Urban.  Everything is very structured, and very professional.  I think we're seeing something that's closer to what we saw with Coughlin than with Mullarkey, Bradley, or Marrone.  

I do like what I'm hearing out of camp since the pads went on yesterday.  Urban is actually having the PA announcer indicate who got the upper hand on any given play.  This is a motivational tactic to make sure you're not the guy who is constantly getting beaten.  Urban is the one deciding who won the match-up, so it's interestingi to see how that plays out.  He also isn't afraid to call out players he feels aren't carrying their weight.  He did it with DJ Chark to start OTAs challenging him to get more physical, and it worked.  He's doing it now with CJ Henderson by putting him on the exercise bike right in front of the team while they're doing stretches to motivate him to get back on the field.  I think Urbs thinks CJ might be sandbagging it a bit.

We haven't had a coach who was willing to be so open about calling players out, and I actually appreciate it.  The players may not like it, but there's a simple solution.  Do your job.

thank you answering my question. from what i'm hearing so far is urban myer might be the HC i been calling for,for years. firey,and will call out players. we will see when real games start. im sure he won't stand on sidelines though with hands on his knees.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(08-04-2021, 04:14 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 01:51 PM)FBT Wrote: Wolfie, any time they change coaches, there is a culture change that follows.  Whether or not that cultrue change is a good thing remains to be seen from coach to coach.  It is safe to assume that the changes we've seen over the past several coaches hasn't exactly inspired confidence, but there's definitely a different feel with Urban.  Everything is very structured, and very professional.  I think we're seeing something that's closer to what we saw with Coughlin than with Mullarkey, Bradley, or Marrone.  

thank you answering my question. from what i'm hearing so far is urban myer might be the HC i been calling for,for years. firey,and will call out players. we will see when real games start. im sure he won't stand on sidelines though with hands on his knees.

https://images.app.goo.gl/KGAukHj8Sgsyxzo96
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 11:52 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2021, 01:51 PM)FBT Wrote:

One thing that encourages me about this is he has a similar industrial psychology background that former Dallas coach Jimmy Johnson has.

For those of you who are too young to remember or otherwise don't know, Jimmy Johnson was known as a master motivator, and perhaps the most prolific trader of draft picks in NFL history.

If Urban Meyer can offer some of the same motivational acumen that Jimmy Johnson offered, I think the Jaguars will be better for it.

Based upon what I've read since UMs arrival, it seems to be working thus far.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-04-2021, 11:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 01:51 PM)FBT Wrote: Wolfie, any time they change coaches, there is a culture change that follows.  Whether or not that cultrue change is a good thing remains to be seen from coach to coach.  It is safe to assume that the changes we've seen over the past several coaches hasn't exactly inspired confidence, but there's definitely a different feel with Urban.  Everything is very structured, and very professional.  I think we're seeing something that's closer to what we saw with Coughlin than with Mullarkey, Bradley, or Marrone.  

One thing that encourages me about this is he has a similar industrial psychology background that former Dallas coach Jimmy Johnson has.

For those of you who are too young to remember or otherwise don't know, Jimmy Johnson was known as a master motivator, and perhaps the most prolific trader of draft picks in NFL history.

If Urban Meyer can offer some of the same motivational acumen that Jimmy Johnson offered, I think the Jaguars will be better for it.

Based upon what I've read since UMs arrival, it seems to be working thus far.

I have no doubt he'll have his Andre Rison situation arise, and it will be interesting to see how he handles it when one of the guys doesn't buy into what Urban is preaching.

Agreed on the comparison with Jimmy Johnson.  They know how to motivate their guys.

Never understood the "motivation" guys.

They're paid millions.. that's the motivation.

(08-05-2021, 10:30 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Never understood the "motivation" guys.

They're paid millions.. that's the motivation.

If only it were that easy. And not every player makes "millions".
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-04-2021, 06:29 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 04:14 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thank you answering my question. from what i'm hearing so far is urban myer might be the HC i been calling for,for years. firey,and will call out players. we will see when real games start. im sure he won't stand on sidelines though with hands on his knees.

https://images.app.goo.gl/KGAukHj8Sgsyxzo96

hehe.  I giggled before I even clicked.  That's an image that popped into my head as soon as I read Snowy.

(08-05-2021, 12:41 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 06:29 PM)RicoTx Wrote: https://images.app.goo.gl/KGAukHj8Sgsyxzo96

hehe.  I giggled before I even clicked.  That's an image that popped into my head as soon as I read Snowy.

It was too easy.  I had several to choose from.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]