Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scrimmage Roll Call

Nope.. They basically trolled the fans, thinking it would be a real scrimmage. Also, thinking we would be able to watch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just got back....what a waste

(08-08-2021, 11:09 AM)iam Wrote: Nope.. They basically trolled the fans, thinking it would be a real scrimmage. Also, thinking we would be able to watch.

Yeah, this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. There is no way they didn't know people would think a scrimmage means a padded, game simulated environment. They should have been more up front about their intentions for it to be nothing more than a regular non-padded practice, just in the stadium. Not to mention everyone at home they trolled by advertising it would be televised. Not the way to endear yourself to fans, as they claim to want to do.

Now all we can do is wait for the first preseason game.

Lawrence to Treadwell
https://twitter.com/jagsfanatic/status/1...02049?s=20

(no, I'm not at the scrimmage and that's not my twitter acct)

(08-08-2021, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lawrence to Treadwell
https://twitter.com/jagsfanatic/status/1...02049?s=20

(no, I'm not at the scrimmage and that's not my twitter acct)

Yea so that was a bit annoying.  I turned the tv on this morn just a bunch of blabbering by sexton and brooks.  I agree tell ir for what it is a practice not a scrimmage.  

Oh well only a week before preseason but they probably wont show much then either if its going to go down like this.

I don’t see why they moved the time to 9am. They used to have the scrimmage at 7pm on Saturday night under the lights. It was much cooler and more enjoyable.

Today was absolutely brutal.

OK so it is official, the Jags can play well in shorts and flip-flops (minus the flip-flops) ...that is step 1. So far so good.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-08-2021, 12:00 PM)DawgJag Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 11:09 AM)iam Wrote: Nope.. They basically trolled the fans, thinking it would be a real scrimmage. Also, thinking we would be able to watch.

Yeah, this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. There is no way they didn't know people would think a scrimmage means a padded, game simulated environment. They should have been more up front about their intentions for it to be nothing more than a regular non-padded practice, just in the stadium. Not to mention everyone at home they trolled by advertising it would be televised. Not the way to endear yourself to fans, as they claim to want to do.

Jeff Prosser venting about this on 1010XL right now. Says it’s wrong they lured all those people to go through the expense and trouble of going to the stadium, sit in scorching heat and then be shown a typical workout in pad shells.

(08-09-2021, 06:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 12:00 PM)DawgJag Wrote: Yeah, this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. There is no way they didn't know people would think a scrimmage means a padded, game simulated environment. They should have been more up front about their intentions for it to be nothing more than a regular non-padded practice, just in the stadium. Not to mention everyone at home they trolled by advertising it would be televised. Not the way to endear yourself to fans, as they claim to want to do.

Jeff Prosser venting about this on 1010XL right now. Says it’s wrong they lured all those people to go through the expense and trouble of going to the stadium, sit in scorching heat and then be shown a typical workout in pad shells.

I didn't go and from what I've heard, I would have been disappointed if I had. They shouldn't have called it a scrimmage if that's not what it was going to be. At least we have a real game this week!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 09:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

(08-09-2021, 06:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 12:00 PM)DawgJag Wrote: Yeah, this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. There is no way they didn't know people would think a scrimmage means a padded, game simulated environment. They should have been more up front about their intentions for it to be nothing more than a regular non-padded practice, just in the stadium. Not to mention everyone at home they trolled by advertising it would be televised. Not the way to endear yourself to fans, as they claim to want to do.

Yeah, I heard Jeff Prosser this morning, going on and on and on about it, waa waa waa.   Radio hosts who spend an inordinate amount of time complaining that they didn't see a "real" scrimmage are burying the lead, and that is, Trevor Lawrence looked really good.  That is by far the most important development of the preseason, and whatever is second is not even close.

But you know what?  When it comes to talk radio, negativity sells.  So I understand why he chose to spend his time whining this morning.

As for the "expense," all it took was to go online and register and then drive down to the stadium.  What expense?  It was free.  And it was fun.  I enjoyed it.

(08-09-2021, 09:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 06:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jeff Prosser venting about this on 1010XL right now. Says it’s wrong they lured all those people to go through the expense and trouble of going to the stadium, sit in scorching heat and then be shown a typical workout in pad shells.

What expense?  It was free.  And it was fun.  I enjoyed it.

Time is money.
False advertising is false advertising. It was not a scrimmage and their stream didn't even stream the "scrimmage".

Waaa waaa waaa or not, not everyone enjoyed the experience and it was a bit of bait and switch.

(08-08-2021, 04:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t see why they moved the time to 9am. They used to have the scrimmage at 7pm on Saturday night under the lights. It was much cooler and more enjoyable.

That's how it was back in the day for sure. Is this the first time they haven't been on a Saturday night? I'd be mad as hell at the organization for selling something that it wasn't.

(08-10-2021, 08:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 04:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t see why they moved the time to 9am. They used to have the scrimmage at 7pm on Saturday night under the lights. It was much cooler and more enjoyable.

That's how it was back in the day for sure. Is this the first time they haven't been on a Saturday night? I'd be mad as hell at the organization for selling something that it wasn't.

Yes this was the first time it was early in the morning. And I agree they said it would be a scrimmage but it was just a routine practice, and a complete waste of time and pale face.