Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson Struggles

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 06:17 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

And with a defensive minded guy as a HC... I wasn't a fan of Saleh as HC but it seems like he is doing a good job overall. It's only the pre-season though.

It'd be funny IF Wilson ends up being better than Trevor.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2021, 06:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And with a defensive minded guy as a HC... I wasn't a fan of Saleh as HC but it seems like he is doing a good job overall. It's only the pre-season though.

I wouldn't find that funny at all. I certainly hope Lawrence is better, but what I'm seeing in Wilson, shows me he has all the traits of a successful NFL QB.

We done messed up if Trevor doesn't look good on Monday. Zach looking like Aaron Rodgersesque

(08-21-2021, 09:12 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We done messed up if Trevor doesn't look good on Monday.  Zach looking like Aaron Rodgersesque
Good grief.

It was against the 2nd string Packers D.

Back off the ledge.

(08-21-2021, 09:12 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We done messed up if Trevor doesn't look good on Monday.  Zach looking like Aaron Rodgersesque

Wilson did look very good, but that has nothing to do with Trevor. It's preseason. I'm confident that Lawrence is gonna have a very good pro career. There's nothing stopping both guys from becoming very good NFL QB's.

Zach had nice showing today. It will be interesting to see how he performs this season. I think he could end up being pretty good.

Remember when RG3 was better than Andrew Luck?

(08-22-2021, 09:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Remember when RG3 was better than Andrew Luck?

No, I don't. At no point in my life, did I ever think RG3 was better than Andrew Luck.

(08-22-2021, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 09:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Remember when RG3 was better than Andrew Luck?

No, I don't. At no point in my life, did I ever think RG3 was better than Andrew Luck.

There was some arguing over it after a season. In a few years we'll have a perspective about all of this, and what was done in a few preseason games probably won't be what people remember.

(08-22-2021, 01:34 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, I don't. At no point in my life, did I ever think RG3 was better than Andrew Luck.

There was some arguing over it after a season. In a few years we'll have a perspective about all of this, and what was done in a few preseason games probably won't be what people remember.

I think for that one season he was better then Luck but then burned out quick imploded

(08-21-2021, 06:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And with a defensive minded guy as a HC... I wasn't a fan of Saleh as HC but it seems like he is doing a good job overall. It's only the pre-season though.

Saleh is like a more serious Gus Bradley. He's married to the same vanilla Pete Carroll defense that only Carroll can run well. He also hired an old friend with no offensive coordinating experience to coordinate a rookie a QB. I think the Jets are big apple media hype, just like the Cowgirls and overpaid Dak.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Mac Jones has been the best rookie QB so far

(08-23-2021, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mac Jones has been the best rookie QB so far
Say what? Better than Wilson, Fields and Lance?!

Based on what exactly?

(08-23-2021, 06:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mac Jones has been the best rookie QB so far
Say what? Better than Wilson, Fields and Lance?!

Based on what exactly?

Yes, based on his play in the preseason

(08-23-2021, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 06:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Say what? Better than Wilson, Fields and Lance?!

Based on what exactly?

Yes, based on his play in the preseason
So he hasn’t thrown a TD (against 2nd/3rd stringers) and yet he’s been better than those 3?

Interesting take.

Just going by watching them play, Wilson and Fields look the best. Then Lance. Then Trevor. Then Mac.

However it’s preseason so it’s whatever.

(08-22-2021, 04:20 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 01:34 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: There was some arguing over it after a season. In a few years we'll have a perspective about all of this, and what was done in a few preseason games probably won't be what people remember.

I think for that one season he was better then Luck but then burned out quick imploded

Agreed it was a legitimate debate till shanahan put him back in with a knee injury in the playoffs and basically torpedoed his career. That said RG3 is still playing, Luck isn’t, so he has that going for him.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

2/5 for 34 yds and 3 interceptions through the first half.

(09-19-2021, 02:05 PM)enigma Wrote: 2/5 for 34 yds and 3 interceptions through the first half.

Not really a shocker.

(09-19-2021, 02:05 PM)enigma Wrote: 2/5 for 34 yds and 3 interceptions through the first half.

Make it an even 4. Last two were ugly.

(09-19-2021, 03:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Not really a shocker.

Agreed. None of the rookie QB's are exactly lighting it up. All are struggling in one way or another. For every Justin Herbert, there is a 100 rookie QB's or more that struggle in their first season.