Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scrimmage Highlights and Notes:

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 03:24 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

First off I want to say thank you to the concession crew. It was extremely humid and hot and they were cooking over that hot food and were getting orders out very fast. Hats off to those guys. 

I met some cool dudes in our section, one Eagles fan and one Patriots fan. They were salivating over Lawrence, ETN, and Askew who was the star of the show. But more on that later. 

Right outta the gate let’s get to Tim Tebow. The crowd erupted when he came out the tunnel in front of section 106. He went through his warm up drills and stretching and showed some quickness and footwork. 

He dazzled the crowd with a 1 handed catch and came down in bounds and turned up field. I think Luton threw the pass. More on Luton later.

O’Shaugnessey looked the part and in my opinion he is the purest pass catcher at the TE spot. Ellefson also had 2 nice catches but they were just routine type plays. O’shag ran with the 1’s along with Manhertz. Manhertz dropped a perfect pass on a throw from Minshew. 

Minshew ran with the 1’s but only for a series. His first snap, he dropped back on a 3 step drop, then pulled the ball down and started to run and then hit Manhertz on a dump off. A couple plays later he tucked it and ran in for a score, however he had Tebow wide open on a crossing route and Tebow had about 2 or 3 steps on the LB who was in man coverage. 

Fast forward about 10 minutes and in comes the Man! Lawrence was on the money! He looked so sharp. He threw an absolute dime to Threadwell on about a 40 yard rope. Threadwell caught it with his finger tips and slid as he hauled in the pass.

O’Shag had a beautiful diving catch for about a 20 yard TD from Lawrence. He throws it with such ease and every pass is the tightest spiral you’ve ever seen.

Going away from the bud zone, Tebow was tight right, with a 2 TE set. Minshew was the QB. Tebow put a nice route on the OLB which he would’ve gained about 15 yards if the ball was thrown on time. I was more impressed with Tebows route running. He bent right as if he was running a quick out, and then he turned it up field into a post route. It was one of those Gronk type of routes where Brady throws it up the seam. 

Next play, Minshew attempts a TD pass to the TE on a corner route to the right side. The pass was off the mark. 

I know this is all over the map guys, but bear with me, it was super hot. 

So let’s talk about the defensive side of the ball. Griffin made a great play on a pass break up in front of Ellefson. After the play the crowd was kind of dead, he then pumped the crowd up and then held his hand to his ear as if he was saying I CAN’T HEAR YOU...the crowd loved it and cheered louder. Griffin plays loose and fast and with a lot of swagger. 

#32 Tyson Campbell had 2 pass break up within 3 series of play. Dude is a baller and there’s no way you can keep him on the bench. I don’t know where they will play him but he did just fine at nickel today. He also lined up outside a couple times in 7 on 7 pass drills. 

Walker Little is a big Ol boy and I’m already a huge fan of his. He looks quick for a big man. I had a feeling he will be a guard. Taylor held his own over on the right side but there wasn’t much contact up front. 

They worked in the left handed center, KC McDermmott. His first snap was over the head of Minshew, but he looks good in pass protection. I think he comes out of his stance too slow. He needs to work on his technique. 

Linder looked like Linder. Nothing to report. Same with Cam and Norwell. 

Jo Sho looked decent in coverage. I’ve read where he’s had 1 or 2 interceptions already in camp. He seems to be having a solid camp. Same with Myles Jack, but not much to report from today. Again, light contact.

Jenkins is probably going to be a starter based on what I saw today. He had a couple pass break ups and covered the WRs pretty tight. I didn’t notice Henderson at all today. 

Jalen Camp is probably going to force the coaches to give him a roster spot or practice squad. He has some nice size, nice hands, and looks fast. He looks the part. 

I didn’t notice anything from D.J. Chark.

Phillip Dorsett #13 was out there with his helmet off as if he was learning the plays? He was lined up behind one of the WR during 7 on 7. Idk 

ETN looks so cool out there in the #1 jersey. I saw him catch a few passes. He catches the ball as if he plays WR. Just so fluid in his motions and his running. Dude reminds me so much of CJ Spiller but in the positive ways.

Sidney Jones #21, he didn’t give up any big plays. He was working on the far side away from our section. He worked out the outside at CB. I would like to see him in the dime pkg.

Devon Ozigbo aka Gazeebo #22 had a nice catch out of the backfield. He’s a big back. He could definitely be the RB3 and maybe help out on ST.

James Robinson was just doing his job as usual. Nothing to report. He looks like he lost some weight.

Shenault had a few nice catches. He did his thing today. 

Johnson had a very nice catch near the sideline, but on the next play he dropped a perfectly thrown pass that hit him in between the numbers on a curl route. Come on bro!!

Luton seems to have more zip on the ball amongst the backup QBs. Minshew is more of a finesse passer and Luton is more of a fastball type of thrower. Beathard seems like a good backup QB. He makes all the throws but his accuracy is all over the place, kinda like this write up I’m currently doing.

Now let’s talk about special team guys. Agnew was the star of the show. He’s going to run atleast 1 kickoff back for a TD this year, and I’ll bet the farm on that. He is so lightning quick. The 2 guys behind me were salivating over his speed. He catches the ball clean, and immediately starts getting up field. He busted 1 off which would have went for a score in a real game. He caught about 6 or 7 punts and was showing out. If you get a chance to see this guy run, you will see what I’m talking about. 

Cooke was working on his coffin kicks. He would kick 1 long and then pin 1, he seemed to be doing his job. 

Lambo was on fire today. During warmups he kicked one from the 42 yard line and he still had about 5 yards to spare. During the scrimmage he went 4/4 from about the 40,39,39, 38 yard lines. Some guys in the crowd were doing his bird dance thing where he puts his arms out like he’s flying. You know what I’m taking about..

And I wanted to save the last discussion about Urban Meyer. He’s not the type of coach we’ve ever had around these parts. He ran over to work with the WRs during positional warm ups, then he runs over to the CBs, then he runs over to the Oline guys, he’s all over the field. You can tell he loves football. He just looks like he’s having a great time out there and I’m super excited for the season! 

Trevor Lawrence looks like he will be great and ETN is going to be a stud!

Sorry if I was all over the map. It’s gonna be fun this year. Go Jags.

Please Please Pleeeeease put some shade covers over that stadium. Dude I about passed out bc it was so hot. The water costed me $5 each and I had a family of 5. I had no choice but to buy the water. Please put some shade on the fans.

If you can build a billion dollar stadium then surely you can afford to put shade nets or something. Heck maybe install some fans so we can atleast have some fresh air. It was brutal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One more thing to note, the TE’s will be heavily involved in the passing game this year. The TE’s caught a lot of passes today.

Cool! Thanks for the summary.

I disagree on Tebow. I thought his routes looked slow and cumbersome. He looked lost in pass protection too.

To his credit though, he was probably the most well built guy on the field. He walked by Norwell and didn’t exactly look small in comparison.

(08-08-2021, 03:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: First off I want to say thank you to the concession crew. It was extremely humid and hot and they were cooking over that hot food and were getting orders out very fast. Hats off to those guys. 

I met some cool dudes in our section, one Eagles fan and one Patriots fan. They were salivating over Lawrence, ETN, and Askew who was the star of the show. But more on that later. 

Right outta the gate let’s get to Tim Tebow. The crowd erupted when he came out the tunnel in front of section 106. He went through his warm up drills and stretching and showed some quickness and footwork. 

He dazzled the crowd with a 1 handed catch and came down in bounds and turned up field. I think Luton threw the pass. More on Luton later.

O’Shaugnessey looked the part and in my opinion he is the purest pass catcher at the TE spot. Ellefson also had 2 nice catches but they were just routine type plays. O’shag ran with the 1’s along with Manhertz. Manhertz dropped a perfect pass on a throw from Minshew. 

Minshew ran with the 1’s but only for a series. His first snap, he dropped back on a 3 step drop, then pulled the ball down and started to run and then hit Manhertz on a dump off. A couple plays later he tucked it and ran in for a score, however he had Tebow wide open on a crossing route and Tebow had about 2 or 3 steps on the LB who was in man coverage. 

Fast forward about 10 minutes and in comes the Man! Lawrence was on the money! He looked so sharp. He threw an absolute dime to Threadwell on about a 40 yard rope. Threadwell caught it with his finger tips and slid as he hauled in the pass.

O’Shag had a beautiful diving catch for about a 20 yard TD from Lawrence. He throws it with such ease and every pass is the tightest spiral you’ve ever seen.

Going away from the bud zone, Tebow was tight right, with a 2 TE set. Minshew was the QB. Tebow put a nice route on the OLB which he would’ve gained about 15 yards if the ball was thrown on time. I was more impressed with Tebows route running. He bent right as if he was running a quick out, and then he turned it up field into a post route. It was one of those Gronk type of routes where Brady throws it up the seam. 

Next play, Minshew attempts a TD pass to the TE on a corner route to the right side. The pass was off the mark. 

I know this is all over the map guys, but bear with me, it was super hot. 

So let’s talk about the defensive side of the ball. Griffin made a great play on a pass break up in front of Ellefson. After the play the crowd was kind of dead, he then pumped the crowd up and then held his hand to his ear as if he was saying I CAN’T HEAR YOU...the crowd loved it and cheered louder. Griffin plays loose and fast and with a lot of swagger. 

#32 Tyson Campbell had 2 pass break up within 3 series of play. Dude is a baller and there’s no way you can keep him on the bench. I don’t know where they will play him but he did just fine at nickel today. He also lined up outside a couple times in 7 on 7 pass drills. 

Walker Little is a big Ol boy and I’m already a huge fan of his. He looks quick for a big man. I had a feeling he will be a guard. Taylor held his own over on the right side but there wasn’t much contact up front. 

They worked in the left handed center, KC McDermmott. His first snap was over the head of Minshew, but he looks good in pass protection. I think he comes out of his stance too slow. He needs to work on his technique. 

Linder looked like Linder. Nothing to report. Same with Cam and Norwell. 

Jo Sho looked decent in coverage. I’ve read where he’s had 1 or 2 interceptions already in camp. He seems to be having a solid camp. Same with Myles Jack, but not much to report from today. Again, light contact.

Jenkins is probably going to be a starter based on what I saw today. He had a couple pass break ups and covered the WRs pretty tight. I didn’t notice Henderson at all today. 

Jalen Camp is probably going to force the coaches to give him a roster spot or practice squad. He has some nice size, nice hands, and looks fast. He looks the part. 

I didn’t notice anything from D.J. Chark.

Phillip Dorsett #13 was out there with his helmet off as if he was learning the plays? He was lined up behind one of the WR during 7 on 7. Idk 

ETN looks so cool out there in the #1 jersey. I saw him catch a few passes. He catches the ball as if he plays WR. Just so fluid in his motions and his running. Dude reminds me so much of CJ Spiller but in the positive ways.

Sidney Jones #21, he didn’t give up any big plays. He was working on the far side away from our section. He worked out the outside at CB. I would like to see him in the dime pkg.

Devon Ozigbo aka Gazeebo #22 had a nice catch out of the backfield. He’s a big back. He could definitely be the RB3 and maybe help out on ST.

James Robinson was just doing his job as usual. Nothing to report. He looks like he lost some weight.

Shenault had a few nice catches. He did his thing today. 

Johnson had a very nice catch near the sideline, but on the next play he dropped a perfectly thrown pass that hit him in between the numbers on a curl route. Come on bro!!

Luton seems to have more zip on the ball amongst the backup QBs. Minshew is more of a finesse passer and Luton is more of a fastball type of thrower. Beathard seems like a good backup QB. He makes all the throws but his accuracy is all over the place, kinda like this write up I’m currently doing.

Now let’s talk about special team guys. Agnew was the star of the show. He’s going to run atleast 1 kickoff back for a TD this year, and I’ll bet the farm on that. He is so lightning quick. The 2 guys behind me were salivating over his speed. He catches the ball clean, and immediately starts getting up field. He busted 1 off which would have went for a score in a real game. He caught about 6 or 7 punts and was showing out. If you get a chance to see this guy run, you will see what I’m talking about. 

Cooke was working on his coffin kicks. He would kick 1 long and then pin 1, he seemed to be doing his job. 

Lambo was on fire today. During warmups he kicked one from the 42 yard line and he still had about 5 yards to spare. During the scrimmage he went 4/4 from about the 40,39,39, 38 yard lines. Some guys in the crowd were doing his bird dance thing where he puts his arms out like he’s flying. You know what I’m taking about..

And I wanted to save the last discussion about Urban Meyer. He’s not the type of coach we’ve ever had around these parts. He ran over to work with the WRs during positional warm ups, then he runs over to the CBs, then he runs over to the Oline guys, he’s all over the field. You can tell he loves football. He just looks like he’s having a great time out there and I’m super excited for the season! 

Trevor Lawrence looks like he will be great and ETN is going to be a stud!

Sorry if I was all over the map. It’s gonna be fun this year. Go Jags.

Please Please Pleeeeease put some shade covers over that stadium. Dude I about passed out bc it was so hot. The water costed me $5 each and I had a family of 5. I had no choice but to buy the water. Please put some shade on the fans.

If you can build a billion dollar stadium then surely you can afford to put shade nets or something. Heck maybe install some fans so we can atleast have some fresh air. It was brutal.
Thanks for this.

Great job!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 07:24 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-08-2021, 04:51 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I disagree on Tebow. I thought his routes looked slow and cumbersome. He looked lost in pass protection too.

To his credit though, he was probably the most well built guy on the field. He walked by Norwell and didn’t exactly look small in comparison.

I’m not a Tebow fan, however with an unbiased opinion I think he’s the quickest TE on the roster. I also think he catches the ball better than all the TE’s not named O’shag. 

He’s a very ‘Pete Mitchell’ type of player. I would imagine he is just as strong as any TE we have. He’s definitely bulked up.

The line in the sand is drawn when it’s time for him to block a DE, or release from a jam off the line by a Jalen Ramsey or by an outside linebacker. 

If he would have made the switch 9 years ago then it’s a no-brainer to have him on your roster. Based on what I saw today I think he has a slim chance of making the team. If I had to give a number I would say like 10%

Prior to today I was at 0%, this is coming from a FSU fan who doesn’t like Tebow.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 08:47 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-08-2021, 07:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 04:51 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I disagree on Tebow. I thought his routes looked slow and cumbersome. He looked lost in pass protection too.

I’m not a Tebow fan, however with an unbiased opinion I think he’s the quickest TE on the roster. I also think he catches the ball better than all the TE’s not named O’shag. 

He’s a very ‘Pete Mitchell’ type of player. I would imagine he is just as strong as any TE we have. He’s definitely bulked up.

The line in the sand is drawn when it’s time for him to block a DE, or release from a jam off the line by a Jalen Ramsey or by an outside linebacker. 

If he would have made the switch 9 years ago then it’s a no-brainer to have him on your roster. Based on what I saw today I think he has a slim chance of making the team. If I had to give a number I would say like 10%

Prior to today I was at 0%, this is coming from a FSU fan who doesn’t like Tebow.

He does not look like the quickest tight end on the roster to me.  He looks very slow footed.  Like he's running in a foot of water.  He lumbers around out there.  He has no quickness at all.

I was looking at the stands, and I saw like only 2 people wearing... come on now.

(08-08-2021, 08:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 07:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m not a Tebow fan, however with an unbiased opinion I think he’s the quickest TE on the roster. I also think he catches the ball better than all the TE’s not named O’shag. 

He does not look like the quickest tight end on the roster to me.  He looks very slow footed.  Like he's running in a foot of water.  He lumbers around out there.  He has no quickness at all.

He looks like the quickest to me.

Didn’t Chark have finger surgery?

(08-09-2021, 08:12 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Didn’t Chark have finger surgery?

Yes, it was broken. He’s fully expected to be ready for the first game of the season.