Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
jags to work out former buckeye devin smith..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

OSU, older, ACLs...sounds like a BaalkeMeyer Dreamboat.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Urbs knows him and being in good shape seems to have gotten him in the door. Two ACL injuries on the same knee, though (inhales thru teeth)…

(08-12-2021, 06:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: OSU, older, ACLs...sounds like a BaalkeMeyer Dreamboat.

Laughing Angry Wallbash

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

No harm in checking out another WR to ride a tractor just in case...

Before the injuries, he had great straight line speed, but wasn't much of a route runner.

(08-12-2021, 08:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Before the injuries, he had great straight line speed, but wasn't much of a route runner.

I will say this much:  UM and Baalke seem to be adding some late additions to the WR group that are having an impact in training camp (Treadwell and Austin).  That is most unusual.  It's to the point it seems these guys could make the final 53.

Of course, we've seen a few camp sensations  fade away once the preseason games start.

I hope their productivity isn't an indictment against the defense, but is instead a testament for UM's/Baalke's eye for talent and TLs ability as a QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I appreciate them trying to find football players wherever they find them.

(08-12-2021, 09:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Before the injuries, he had great straight line speed, but wasn't much of a route runner.

I will say this much:  UM and Baalke seem to be adding some late additions to the WR group that are having an impact in training camp (Treadwell and Austin).  That is most unusual.  It's to the point it seems these guys could make the final 53.

Of course, we've seen a few camp sensations  fade away once the preseason games start.

I hope their productivity isn't an indictment against the defense, but is instead a testament for UM's/Baalke's eye for talent and TLs ability as a QB.

No doubt that the wide receiver position will be the toughest in determining who makes the final 53. Treadwell and Austin have looked very good so far. Camp has a potentially big upside once he gets experience. He can also contribute on special teams. I'd have to consider keeping 7 guys to start the season. Also, if Treadwell continues to shine in the pre-season games the Jags might even be able to trade him for a 5th/6th rounder. The same might also be said about Colin Johnson. Chark, Jones and Shennault will be getting most of the reps once the regular season begins and Agnew will be another option in the slot. That leaves Johnson, Treadwell, Dorsett, Austin and Camp fighting for 2 or 3 spots.

Two ACL injuries on the same knee - Baalke must be foaming at the mouth to sign him.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(08-12-2021, 02:45 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Two ACL injuries on the same knee - Baalke must be foaming at the mouth to sign him.

Lmao! I'm sure he is.

(08-12-2021, 10:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I appreciate them Gene Smith trying to find football players wherever they find them.

Hmmm....
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So basically they think Devin Smith is better than Publix bagger turned WR Joey Bagadonuts.. Cool.

Watchout for The Walmart Seafood Manager turned WR Tony Bologna. He's determined to make it to game 2 of the preseason..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-13-2021, 10:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So basically they think Devin Smith is better than Publix bagger turned WR Joey Bagadonuts.. Cool.

Watchout for The Walmart Seafood Manager turned WR Tony Bologna. He's determined to make it to game 2 of the preseason..

If Urban "Oscar "Meyer is signing guys named Bologna, I'm gonna cry nepotism.

(08-13-2021, 11:10 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 10:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So basically they think Devin Smith is better than Publix bagger turned WR Joey Bagadonuts.. Cool.

If Urban "Oscar "Meyer is signing guys named Bologna, I'm gonna cry nepotism.

Yeah cause we all know that UM is only here to help give his friends jobs and all, it's never been about coaching at all..

lolololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-13-2021, 11:26 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 11:10 AM)Mikey Wrote: If Urban "Oscar "Meyer is signing guys named Bologna, I'm gonna cry nepotism.

Yeah cause we all know that UM is only here to help give his friends jobs and all, it's never been about coaching at all..

lolololol

you know, I debated adding sarcasm tags, but kinda figured it would be redundant in a post referring to the coach as Oscar Meyer.

lolololol indeed.