Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dilla’s saying Schobert to the Steelers

Watching Squeeler/Beagles Pre-Season, because that's the crap we get up here.  They mentioned the trade. but did not say what the Squeelers were giving up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I get a feeling that this trade will be for something that gets packaged with a subsequent trade to another team. Maybe CJ Henderson plus whatever we get from the Steelers for...

I just can't see what else we need from the Steelers, besides maybe Ebron

Who the F did we trade him for?

(08-12-2021, 08:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Losing Jo Sho was a terrible move.

Wasn't sure how to feel about the trade. But now I know I love it.

#BecauseJaguars will never allow Jacksonville Jaguars to prosper. Not above . 500.

(08-12-2021, 08:58 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Losing Jo Sho was a terrible move.

Wasn't sure how to feel about the trade. But now I know I love it.
Hahaha perfect.

Weird. If we're retaining some of his $ we better be getting something substantial. 3rd Rd or player plus.
I'd be good with Ebron and a 6th or something

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 09:19 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Hated it when we signed him. He sucks, and he definitely isn’t a 3-4 MLB. I don’t think people realize how bad he would be in that position, he already was terrible against the run. Need a big MLB behind Hamilton, not Schobert. Excellent trade to free up cap next season.

Did any players of significance sit out last minute in the Steelers game? Could be a sign of so.

Ebron would be ideal.

(08-12-2021, 09:19 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Hated it when we signed him. He sucks, and he definitely isn’t a 3-4 MLB. I don’t think people realize how bad he would be in that position, he already was terrible against the run. Need a big MLB behind Hamilton, not Schobert. Excellent trade to free up cap next season.

Did any players of significance sit out last minute in the Steelers game? Could be a sign of so.

WR James Washington wanted traded out of Pittsburgh. We keep stockpiling receivers... can't rule it out.

(08-12-2021, 09:24 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:19 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Hated it when we signed him. He sucks, and he definitely isn’t a 3-4 MLB. I don’t think people realize how bad he would be in that position, he already was terrible against the run. Need a big MLB behind Hamilton, not Schobert. Excellent trade to free up cap next season.

WR James Washington wanted traded out of Pittsburgh. We keep stockpiling receivers... can't rule it out.

True, he’s been on the block. Checked and saw Ebron and Freiermuth both played tonight, so might be able to rule them out.

For people who said that he sucks, well hes not that bad. In his only season in Jacksonville, the 6-foot-1, 245-pound veteran recorded 141 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three interceptions (one that was returned for a touchdown) and two forced fumbles.

Overrated and overpaid, not gonna miss him.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 10:05 PM by High Octane.)

(08-12-2021, 09:39 PM)Jag88 Wrote: For people who said that he sucks, well hes not that bad. In his only season in Jacksonville, the 6-foot-1, 245-pound veteran recorded 141 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three interceptions (one that was returned for a touchdown) and two forced fumbles.

Not horrible, but definitely not someone great... can't imagine we'll miss him too much.

He was PFF's 91'st graded linebacker.

He wasn't very good last year, that's for sure. I do think he would have fit this role pretty well. He was a hell of a blitzer at Wisconsin. 3-4 LB also have to have more range than 3-4 ILBs to cover the whole middle of the field with just two LB. Schobert's skills fit this defense way better than it did Wash's. The fact that another 3-4 team is the team trading for him speaks to that I think.

(08-12-2021, 09:39 PM)Jag88 Wrote: For people who said that he sucks, well hes not that bad. In his only season in Jacksonville, the 6-foot-1, 245-pound veteran recorded 141 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three interceptions (one that was returned for a touchdown) and two forced fumbles.

Let’s just look at numbers and not watch games. Classic. All the tackles were like 7-8 yards downfield. He just isn’t what you want at the run stuffing LB position in 3-4. Excited for Damien Wilson. Let’s see what he can do.

My thoughts... I hope we get more then a 6th rounder. I think we're gearing up for savings for next year, not this... so even if we retain some salary, it might just be for this year only - in which case, it wouldn't matter.

I think it’s similar to the fournette cut last season, throughout camp you keep hearing reporters talk about Damien Wilson, so by all accounts he been beaten out, and they probably don’t wanna pay some one that much to be a back up who can’t play special teams,

Are they not playing 3-4? You also need nickle LBs who can cover. He was definitely over paid but he should have played. I hope they got something back for a starting LB.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(08-12-2021, 09:02 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: #BecauseJaguars will never allow Jacksonville Jaguars to prosper. Not above . 500.

I liked Schobert, but he alone is not the difference between us being a winning team or not.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!