Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Post game complaining thread ***

Can someone explain how on the hard count that drew a jaguar offsides, how in the hell is Philip Rivers allowed to come out from behind center and point the guy out, without a flag being thrown?

That's a false start and one of the most bs calls I've ever seen

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 11:32 PM by Haterade.)

Bortles underthrew on his INTs

Olson is trying to shorten Bortles' throwing motion, but it's resulting in wobblier and less accurate passes

Quote:Gus's post game speech was so hard to listen to. There was almost no content, and he was very trump like in how many random coach words. The guy doesn't know what to say, and he knows the clock is ticking with about two weeks left. You could see that look in bortles eyes too man, people are mumbling about it in the interwebs, but it is happeneing. Those players don't want gus anymore.

Gus is like that annoying uncle who talks really loud and laughs at his own jokes.

Don't compare Trump to Gus. Trump is a winner. Pus is an ALL TIME loser.

Quote:I think bortles is off the Gus train. He's had enough and I don't blame him.

He has. Trust me. He went from a George O'Leary, Coughlin type to this jokester

My favorite part of this Sunday was watching the Packers DBs get flagged for PI when they just breathed wrong on Stefon Diggs.

I found it to be in stark contrast to the way Randall treated Allen Robinson last week when he set up that fake dating site account and lured AR-15 into going on a date with an imaginary woman who never showed up. But Randall did. And he was all like, "Hey, aren't you Allen Robinson the Jags receiver?"  And A-Rob was like "yeah."  So then Randall and A-Rob became friends and after a few weeks when A-Rob's guard was down - Randall started throwing out little subliminal messages and generally just being really, really charming.  And before you know it, A-Rob is like, "I think I really like this guy. I mean, I like him in a special way you know?" And they seemed destined to become lovers, but what A-Rob didn't know  was that Randall had been framing them both for credit card fraud by paying for all of their romantic meals and spa treatments with stolen credit cards. So they both end up in prison. And then after a few nights when Randall arranges some time for them together by charming the right prison guards they are finally able to consummate their love. And in that moment Randall is like "Yeah, Allen Robinson! Yeah, I'm prison-raping you right now." 

I thought that was wrong. 

Quote:My favorite part of this Sunday was watching the Packers DBs get flagged for PI when they just breathed wrong on Stefon Diggs.

I found it to be in stark contrast to the way Randall treated Robinson last week when he set up that fake dating site account and lured AR-15 into going on a date with an imaginary woman who never showed up. But Randall did. And he was all like, "Hey, aren't you Allen Robinson the Jags receiver?" And A-Rob was like "yeah." So then Randall and A-Rob became friends and after a few weeks when A-Rob's guard was down - Randall started throwing out little subliminal messages and generally just being really, really charming. And before you know it, A-Rob is like, "I think I really like this guy. I mean, I like him in a special way you know?" And they seemed destined to become lovers, but what A-Rob didn't know was that Randall had been framing them both for credit card fraud by paying for all of their romantic meals and spa treatments with stolen credit cards. So they both end up in prison. And then after a few nights when Randall arranges some time for them together by charming the right prison guards they are finally able to consummate their love. And in that moment Randall is like "Yeah, Allen Robinson! Yeah, I'm prison-raping you right now."

I thought that was wrong.
Too many bud lights my man.

Quote:Too many bud lights my man.
LOL.  It's just a parody of a Key and Peele comedy bit. 

Quote:Too many bud lights my man.

Yeah, you lost me too.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Yeah, you lost me too.
Guess you have to have seen it.  LOL  I'm saying Robinson got raped  (pass interference) with no flags vs GB, but Randall was getting flagged for much less tonight vs the Vikes. 

Sorry guys, it's an obscure reference that I find hilarious. 

Quote:Guess you have to have seen it. LOL I'm saying Robinson got raped (pass interference) with no flags vs GB, but Randall was getting flagged for much less tonight vs the Vikes.

Sorry guys, it's an obscure reference that I find hilarious.

Stick to Ron Swanson."This is not a defense, why would you call this a defense?"
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Stick to Ron Swanson."This is not a defense, why would you call this a defense?"
Yeah - I was bound to lose some folks with that one. 

Quote:I would like to see Jack start next week.

I agree. If he can't beat out Skuta or Poz in this "defense" then he shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Quote:We get another top 3 draft pick. What's not to like?

What good is getting high draft picks when we don't improve
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I agree. If he can't beat out Skuta or Poz in this "defense" then he shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round.
I'd normally argue that he'd be wasted at Skuta's spot and may not be ready to play the middle, but when the defensive play calling has Poz chasing a speedy slot receiver 20 yards downfield repeatedly...... it's kinda' tough to argue against putting the kid in. 

I don't know what Khan is thinking leaving gus on.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I don't know what Khan is thinking leaving gus on.

Believes the replacement isn't on the staff and will likely make the move this offseason?

Quote:I'd normally argue that he'd be wasted at Skuta's spot and may not be ready to play the middle, but when the defensive play calling has Poz chasing a speedy slot receiver 20 yards downfield repeatedly...... it's kinda' tough to argue against putting the kid in.

*Sigh* sad, isn't it?
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Quote:Can someone explain how on the hard count that drew a jaguar offsides, how in the hell is Philip Rivers allowed to come out from behind center and point the guy out, without a flag being thrown?

That's a false start and one of the most bs calls I've ever seen
We've been seeing this for years now because the offense can jump if the defense moves offside and it'll get called on the defense. So what we have now is a D-Lineman will twitch half an inch and the O-line will jump up pointing and shouting and it's an easy 5 yards. Of course the NFL being about the offense these days means this won't get changed any time soon. 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 04:25 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:We've been seeing this for years now because the offense can jump if the defense moves offside and it'll get called on the defense. So what we have now is a D-Lineman will twitch half an inch and the O-line will jump up pointing and shouting and it's an easy 5 yards. Of course the NFL being about the offense these days means this won't get changed any time soon. 
Maybe it's just a selective memory but I never see the Jags calling out opponents DLine doing the same thing, always seems to be against us.

Has anyone seen the pages in the playbook that has the back shoulder fade? Or do we need to run a minimum number of screen plays before attempting those?
Only a chump boos the home team!