Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"DaVon has the capabilities of being the best nose tackle in the whole NFL“

Just wanted to start this dialogue again on Davon Hamilton. I’ve heard everyone single him out as someone who’s been killing in camp and now Josh Allen comes out and endorses Hamilton as well. Last year, Davon Hamilton was a top rookie performer for us and it seems as though it’s carried into year 2 as he’s been beating Linder in 1 on 1’s too. Let’s talk Hamilton

https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/14...30592?s=21

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Glad to see him improving.
That 2020 draft is looking better and better right now

CJ Henderson played great Saturday
Chaisson is said to be stepping up
Viska is already bona fide
Hamilton coming on strong
— maybe even Bartch could pan out

Chassion put a nasty spin move on the LT but didn’t make the tackle. And as far as Hamilton, he was a steal. Pot Roast 2.0

(08-16-2021, 08:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Glad to see him improving.

Chaisson being good makes us a top 15 defense. I truly think he’s the key

(08-17-2021, 01:45 AM)Black and Teal Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 08:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Glad to see him improving.

Chaisson being good makes us a top 15 defense. I truly think he’s the key

Man, the Browns backups marched down the field at will. Our defense is going to be painfully bad this year.

They passed to get those yards ...average of 1.something a clip with the secondary getting better I'll take that

(08-17-2021, 09:50 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 01:45 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Chaisson being good makes us a top 15 defense. I truly think he’s the key

Man, the Browns backups marched down the field at will. Our defense is going to be painfully bad this year.

We played a very vanilla defense. Considering that, we did just fine.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 10:02 AM by Upper.)

Yeah my comment on the defense being painful was just to the top 15 remark, not about Davon or the run defense. I said from the moment we traded for Brown that our run defense was more or less fixed. Brown and Davon will be a force on early downs. It won't be as good as it was yesterday because we stopped a run game that was without 5 pro bowlers, but it will be much improved. As a whole though, it's going to be a very bad defense this year.

(08-17-2021, 09:58 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:50 AM)Upper Wrote: Man, the Browns backups marched down the field at will. Our defense is going to be painfully bad this year.

We played a very vanilla defense. Considering that, we did just fine.

And they were playing a very vanilla offense, with backups, and we couldn't touch em.

I miss Terrance Knighton..

Devon needs to own that NT position..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If we have Devon, Malcolm Brown, and RRH in there together the run defense will be really good. The question will be can the blitzing LBs get home on the rush.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-16-2021, 02:46 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Just wanted to start this dialogue again on Davon Hamilton. I’ve heard everyone single him out as someone who’s been killing in camp and now Josh Allen comes out and endorses Hamilton as well. Last year, Davon Hamilton was a top rookie performer for us and it seems as though it’s carried into year 2 as he’s been beating Linder in 1 on 1’s too. Let’s talk Hamilton

https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/14...30592?s=21

I agree with that.

What has always impressed me about him was his athleticism for his size.  But knowing he has the bulk needed to excel at NT with his athleticism gives me comfort about the long term of the NT position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-17-2021, 01:45 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Chaisson being good makes us a top 15 defense. I truly think he’s the key

I mean, sure, if you seriously think the first half of the first preseason game is an accurate indication of how an entire season plays out.

Maybe we should cut Will so the offenses can no longer target him.

(08-18-2021, 02:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:50 AM)Upper Wrote: Man, the Browns backups marched down the field at will. Our defense is going to be painfully bad this year.

I mean, sure, if you seriously think the first half of the first preseason game is an accurate indication of how an entire season plays out.

I guess I just don't trust Urban Meyer.

Wow.. I did research and knew that I'd get 30 less plays than college... but then actually seeing it! WOW!

Ugh. Keep that to yourself.

^^ hes just small talking the media. I would not read too much into it. Not that it matters

(08-18-2021, 04:52 PM)Jag88 Wrote: ^^ hes just small talking the media. I would not read too much into it. Not that it matters

He's constantly talking about how out of his depth he is.

At a certain point, just fake it 'til you make it.

(08-18-2021, 02:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I would have said that before the Browns game, but that obviously didn't help. A scheme upgrade and adding a few tier 2/3 FA isn't going to leap us into the top half of the league defensively in one year.

(08-18-2021, 07:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 02:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I mean, sure, if you seriously think the first half of the first preseason game is an accurate indication of how an entire season plays out.

I would have said that before the Browns game, but that obviously didn't help. A scheme upgrade and adding a few tier 2/3 FA isn't going to leap us into the top half of the league defensively in one year.

With a completely new scheme, a super young team, many of whom got few reps last year because injuries and COVID, and a lot of new faces; we probably will not know what this defense is until like week 5-6 at best. 

True, we will not be a top 15 defense this year, but we don't have to be. Fighting for average after the historically bad last year is progress. They have to figure out who works and who doesn't because no team makes every perfect move in one off season.

If T-Law is who we think he can be, a truly elite, MVP-caliber QB; the Jags won't need to develop a Top 5 defense. You just need a top 12ish defense that is well schooled at situational football and turnovers in 2-3 years.

(08-17-2021, 10:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I miss Terrance Knighton..

Devon needs to own that NT position..

Pot roast was alright
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I am capable of being the best stock and options trader this side of wall street also. Doesnt mean i will be by a large stretch. Time will tell an d i have high hopes for davon, hopefully he can deliver.