Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ertz Trade Talk (merged)

(08-08-2021, 09:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tebow, Ertz, and Manhertz is a solid TE group

Lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-08-2021, 09:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tebow, Betty White, Ertz, and Manhertz is a solid TE group

FIFY
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-08-2021, 07:06 AM)enigma Wrote: It's an absolute no-brainer to give up a 5th round pick for Ertz, given our TE group.

I would be all for this move.

I would, too, absolutely, especially after watching the scrimmage today, where Trevor completed 3 straight passes to O'Shaughnessy, the last one being a touchdown.  It really brought home was a weapon a receiving TE can be for a QB like Trevor Lawrence.

(08-08-2021, 01:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 07:06 AM)enigma Wrote: It's an absolute no-brainer to give up a 5th round pick for Ertz, given our TE group.

I would be all for this move.

I would, too, absolutely, especially after watching the scrimmage today, where Trevor completed 3 straight passes to O'Shaughnessy, the last one being a touchdown.  It really brought home was a weapon a receiving TE can be for a QB like Trevor Lawrence.

100% agree with you.

A rookie QB's best friend, other than a RB, is a TE. Add in a play-making player like Ertz with the likes of Chark, Shenault, Jones, Robinson/Etienne - and we have a very formidable offense.

How about they give us Ertz and a 3rd round pick for CJ Henderson. I would take that.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-06-2021, 05:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 04:56 PM)RicoTx Wrote: For a 5th?  You have to be kidding me.
But if they trade a 5th for Ertz, they would have to cut another tight en….. DO IT! QUICK!

LMBO... Tebow hater.

NH3...
"AZANE"

No, do not give up a future 5th round pick for Ertz. We will be fine with what we have. I am not expecting ALL-PRO level rather middle of the pack. Besides the Eagles need the drama of having to resign him after this year we do not. I am not a fan of giving up any picks save 6ths or 7ths....your are mortgaging your future when you do that.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I'm tired of going season to season with no serviceable tight end. I like James O, but he's hurt too often.  Trevor needs as many weapons as he can get.

At this point, I would be willing to trade a third-round pick, in exchange for Ertz and a seventh.

Tight end? I'm more concerned about the right side of the OL.

The right side of the OL can be fixed. Slide Robinson into Taylor's place and let Walker take over at LT. Or let Richardson play RT. Just because we have problems with one unit doesn;t mean we should ignore other problems. TE is a problem.

(08-16-2021, 10:32 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: The right side of the OL can be fixed. Slide Robinson into Taylor's place and let Walker take over at LT.  Or let Richardson play RT.  Just because we have problems with one unit doesn;t mean we should ignore other problems. TE is a problem.

I 2nd this

Cam wouldn't be any better at RT, and we shouldn't trade more than a 5th but probably even less for Ertz.

A 5th and the 6th we just got from the steelers. That's turning something bad into something good. Also agree that robinson would be nice at right tackle.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 11:26 AM by JagFanFirst.)

(08-16-2021, 11:20 AM)Jag88 Wrote: A 5th and the 6th we just got from the steelers. That's turning something bad into something good. Also agree that robinson would be nice at right tackle.

I like that idea.

Marcedes Lewis was the last solid TE we had, and he's been gone for three years. Probably a mistake to let him go.

(08-16-2021, 10:21 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'm tired of going season to season with no serviceable tight end. I like James O, but he's hurt too often.  Trevor needs as many weapons as he can get.

At this point, I would be willing to trade a third-round pick, in exchange for Ertz and a seventh.

I don't know if that is accurate.  I admit that it's concerning that he's been missing time during training camp with an injury, but last season was his first where he missed any game time with injury.
That said, O'Shag is just a guy and is replaceable.  But Ertz is coming off injuries and a down year or two himself.  I wouldn't want to give up any draft capital for him at all.

(08-16-2021, 10:32 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: The right side of the OL can be fixed. Slide Robinson into Taylor's place and let Walker take over at LT. Or let Richardson play RT. Just because we have problems with one unit doesn;t mean we should ignore other problems. TE is a problem.

We put the OL in LOL.
Signature goes here.

(08-16-2021, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Cam wouldn't be any better at RT, and we shouldn't trade more than a 5th but probably even less for Ertz.

Pretty much everyone except you and one other poster has said Cam is better suited for RT. Many even have been saying it since he was drafted.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 02:01 PM by Upper. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-16-2021, 12:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Cam wouldn't be any better at RT, and we shouldn't trade more than a 5th but probably even less for Ertz.

Pretty much everyone except you and one other poster has said Cam is better suited for RT. Many even have been saying it since he was drafted.

There hasn't really been a functional difference between LT and RT for years. The days of sticking your speedy Jason Taylor type over the LT all game while your bigger guy bangs into the RT all game are loooooong gone. Just look at how often speed rushers destroy Jawaan. It would be the same for Cam regardless of which tackle position he plays. If you want to try to salvage Cam move him to guard.

After 1 meaningless game no need to push the panic button. Let the system work it's self through and see what happens. I do see where my estimation of someone having a melt down was off. I said after the 3rd game, but our fans have always been overachievers
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-16-2021, 11:23 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 11:20 AM)Jag88 Wrote: A 5th and the 6th we just got from the steelers. That's turning something bad into something good. Also agree that robinson would be nice at right tackle.

I like that idea.

Marcedes Lewis was the last solid TE we had, and he's been gone for three years. Probably a mistake to let him go.

solid? not really, he was a blocker but unfortunately he is better than all the other garbage they have put out there