Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags maybe signing Duke Johnson?

(09-07-2021, 11:58 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's ETN if ETN was healthy and assigned his correct value.

And if ETN wasn't particularly talented.

Johnson probably already had a better career than ETN will.

(09-07-2021, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's ETN if ETN was healthy and assigned his correct value.

Etienne is faster and much more explosive and better at running the football.

Really? Let's have them race tomorrow at the Stadium and find out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Duke is a nice pick up in that he is a versatile 3rd down back who can replace some of what Etienne was going to bring to the offense.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Been wanting him on the team for like 3 years. He's a rb out of Miami who's actually faster than Etienne. Plus he has some wiggle and good receiving hands.

He was secure in Cleveland until Hunt fell to them and stole his time.

I like the pick up.

(09-07-2021, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This would be a good pick up

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...61442?s=20

Agreed. Take a 1-2 year flier.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 10:19 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-07-2021, 08:53 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Been wanting him on the team for like 3 years. He's a rb out of Miami who's actually faster than Etienne. Plus he has some wiggle and good receiving hands.

He was secure in Cleveland until Hunt fell to them and stole his time.

I like the pick up.

I like Duke and all, but no he isn't faster, or more explosive than ETN. Duke ran 4.55 and 4.6 at the combine (4.51 at his pro day). ETN ran 4.41 and 4.43 at his pro day (didn't have a combine because of covid). I also wasn't a fan of taking ETN at #25 either.

Still, I wanted them to pick up Duke after ETN's injury because he's an ideal 3rd down back and is a change of pace for this back field. Robinson should still get the majority of the work, as he's good in the receiving game as well (and the best pass protecting RB), but Hyde isn't any good and Dare is just another dime a dozen typical thumping RB.

If they only want to house 3 RBs on the active roster, I'd move Dare to the PS and promote Duke to active.

JRob gonna run for 1400 yards and 12 TDs so it won’t matter.

(09-07-2021, 03:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We have the former Texans backfield in Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde.

Honestly, Hyde came to our Jaguars from Cleveland and was released and signed to Houston and resigned to J-Ville. Soooooooo, you're assessment is on point.

Lord Ta Jesus.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-07-2021, 06:23 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Duke is a nice pick up in that he is a versatile 3rd down back who can replace some of what Etienne was going to bring to the offense.

Q for the group:

Once Austin recuperates, does he replace Duke, or do we keep both on the roster? I kind of saw Austin as Etienne-lite as far as our scheme fit, not sure how much a drop there is from Austin to Duke.

Duke has only been in the NFL since 2015.  Seems like he's been in the league for 10+ years now.  He'll be 28 on Sept 23 --- I thought this dude was 31 or 32 years old by now.

Interestingly, we selected TJ Yeldon with pick #36 and the Browns went with Duke with pick #77 in the 2015 draft.

(09-08-2021, 08:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Duke has only been in the NFL since 2015.  Seems like he's been in the league for 10+ years now.  He'll be 28 on Sept 23 --- I thought this dude was 31 or 32 years old by now.

Interestingly, we selected TJ Yeldon with pick #36 and the Browns went with Duke with pick #77 in the 2015 draft.

Being the only decent player in Cleveland probably felt like an eternity to him too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-07-2021, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This would be a good pick up

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...61442?s=20

He's better than Hyde, but if he didn't go to UF or OSU he has no chance.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Cannot say he has done anything lately that makes my heart skip a beat.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 11:29 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-07-2021, 12:35 PM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I think Duke can play a role for us.

Yes.  I think I play a key role in providing quality football analysis on this board!   Smile

Looks like Duke just got released