Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Silver linings after today's game

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:48 AM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

* Week one is kinda of a wild card and always does not indicate the tone for the season. Look at Rodgers today, I remember a Brady led pats lots to Buffalo week one in 2003 31-0.

* The Jags repeatly shot themselves in the foot today. Cleaning up stupid penalties, numerous drops on offense and defense, refs had some horrible calls, Lawrence trying to force it. We clean those up and this game is a lot closer

* Lawrence looks the part of a star Qb. Yes he had some bad ints but also some dime tds. That comes with gunslinger. Brett Favre by far is the all time leader in ints. You drop back a rookie Qb 51 times and mistakes are going to be made. His numbers are much better than his stat line because there was something like 8 drops today by receivers and backs.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 08:09 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm not suggesting this team is going to look miraculously completely together next week, but fans routinely overreact to their team's week 1 results year in and year out. We were on the road with a rookie QB, rookie NFL HC, rookie DC with the team having switched to a 3-4 front this year which generally takes time to draft the proper guys for. This is going to take time. Trevor looked good at times and looked like an overwhelmed rookie at others which is normal. What we need to see out of this season is for Trevor to remain healthy and for him to be significantly improved by year's end.

First realization for me that he isn't close to where he needs to be yet was on the first drive when the Texans were showing the allout blitz where the ball was snapped but the whistle blew as Trevor was hit from his blindside but the defender pulled up at the last moment because he heard the whistle for Urban having called a timeout based on him knowing Trevor was about to get obliterated. Good timeout by Urban, but Trevor either didn't realize he was about to get ragdolled or doesn't have the ability or permission to audible out of a play and pull protection back in. Again, not surprising for a rookie in his first real game. Had the timeout not been called, however, Trevor was just going to run whatever play had been called and likely would have gotten injured. Nice gamesmanship on the part of Lovie, testing where the rookie was at which is not where he's eventually going to be and needs to be.

There were two silver linings. 1. I saw flashes from Trevor Lawrence that show me he has a very bright future. For a guy with minimal playing time in the preseason and no in game experience with his #1 receiver due to injury (Chark,) and for a rookie who was forced to throw 51 times in his first game and who was pressured 16 times in that game, I thought he looked ok. The second of the 2 silver linings is that we are now the front runner to acquire DE Kayvon Thibadeaux of Oregon. Maybe he can help us find a consistent pass rush in 2022.

3rd silver lining. We only have to play the Texans 1 more time this season. You can't stop Tyrod, you can only hope to contain him.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 09:27 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

Here are my silver linings from the game yesterday:

I'm thinking...  

Still thinking... 

Okay, I guess if you believe in causal determinism, like I do, then you realize that everything that happened yesterday was inevitable since the beginning of time.

(09-13-2021, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here are my silver linings from the game yesterday:

I'm thinking...  

Still thinking... 

Okay, I guess if you believe in causal determinism, like I do, then you realize that everything that happened yesterday was inevitable since the beginning of time.

You forgot about the teal socks.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

They dropped way too many balls, but the receivers were getting open. That's a silver lining.

I saw Trevor move up in the pocket when under outside pressure yesterday a number of times.

He hesitated to do that in preseason at times.

Looked like improvement to me.

(09-13-2021, 11:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I saw Trevor move up in the pocket when under outside pressure yesterday a number of times.

He hesitated to do that in preseason at times.

Looked like improvement to me.
This is my take as well. The kid climbed the pocket like a vet. As I said in the other thread, he remained cool when failure at many levels was surrounding him.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We are 1/17 th through the season. We can join the Bucs and Browns as the only franchises to pick first overall in back to back Years.

I dont think we have a shot at being the first 0-17 team because we have Trevor Lawrence and he is capable enough to pull one out.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's really hard to find any silver linings. If there were a grade lower than "F," the coaching staff would get it.

No injuries is the only positive from the game.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

people need to stop makeing excauses for trash. the team was trash yesterday. the team is trash until they prove otherwise. The truth hurts sometimes!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The Silver lining is Trevor showed he is more Peyton Manning than Ryan Leaf and right now that is all I want to see, win or lose.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]