Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL News

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 06:43 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-03-2021, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Quincy Williams having a great game

Agreed.  Looked dominant in the 4th quarter and OT.

On another note.  Rothliesberger looks old and spent the last couple of games.  We'll see if he finds it again.

Eagles are bad.  Jalen Hurts is nothing special.

I didn't think Prescott was anything special.  Now that I'm out here and I see him every week, I was way wrong.

Are we the last winless team?  I lost track.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-03-2021, 06:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Quincy Williams having a great game

On another note.  Rothliesberger looks old and spent the last couple of games.  We'll see if he finds it again.

I didn't think Prescott was anything special.  Now that I'm out here and I see him every week, I was way wrong.

Just us and the Lions I believe.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 07:48 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-03-2021, 06:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Any QB would look bad behind that horrible O-Line. When the Steelers spent a first round pick on a RB instead of an O-Linemen, I thought it was a terrible pick. You can't have an older, bigger, pocket QB with a slower release like Roethlisberger and expect him to produce behind a terrible O-Line. They keep trying different QB's to be the "heir apparent" to Roethlisberger, but no one has stood out. Why? Maybe they should be looking to the O-Line. Their running game has fallen apart too and they brought in Najee Harris, yet nothing has changed. If they want to fix the problem on offense, they have to address the O-Line and bring in at least 3 new starters.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 07:01 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-04-2021, 05:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 06:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Agreed.  Looked dominant in the 4th quarter and OT.

Any QB would look bad behind that horrible O-Line. When the Steelers spent a first round pick on a RB instead of an O-Linemen, I thought it was a terrible pick. You can't have an older, bigger, pocket QB with a slower release like Roethlisberger and expect him to produce behind a terrible O-Line. They keep trying different QB's to be the "heir apparent" to Roethlisberger, but no one has stood out. Why? Maybe they should be looking to the O-Line. Their running game has fallen apart too and they brought in Najee Harris, yet nothing has changed. If they want to fix the problem on offense, they have to address the O-Line and bring in at least 3 new starts.

Roethlisberger looked bad and has looked bad.  Indecisive.  Overthrowing receivers.  Looks bad.  You can try to shift the blame, but he has looked bad.  All of my in-laws are in Pittsburgh and they know they're in for a rough time if they don't find a new franchise quarterback.  He looks old.

(10-04-2021, 07:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Roethlisberger looked bad and has looked bad.  Indecisive.  Overthrowing receivers.  Looks bad.  You can try to shift the blame, but he has looked bad.  All of my in-laws are in Pittsburgh and they know they're in for a rough time if they don't find a new franchise quarterback.  He looks old.

Ben has hit his wall and hit it badly. The Steelers should have been looking for an actual replacement a few years ago like Green Bay/49ers have done in recent memory. 

Losing Pouncey in the offseason really hit him hard because he was the one making the line calls for Ben but even then, Roethlisberger's passing has gone downhill in parabolic fashion.

Makes you appreciate what Tom Brady has continued to do defying father time...

(10-04-2021, 07:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 05:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Any QB would look bad behind that horrible O-Line. When the Steelers spent a first round pick on a RB instead of an O-Linemen, I thought it was a terrible pick. You can't have an older, bigger, pocket QB with a slower release like Roethlisberger and expect him to produce behind a terrible O-Line. They keep trying different QB's to be the "heir apparent" to Roethlisberger, but no one has stood out. Why? Maybe they should be looking to the O-Line. Their running game has fallen apart too and they brought in Najee Harris, yet nothing has changed. If they want to fix the problem on offense, they have to address the O-Line and bring in at least 3 new starts.

Roethlisberger looked bad and has looked bad.  Indecisive.  Overthrowing receivers.  Looks bad.  You can try to shift the blame, but he has looked bad.  All of my in-laws are in Pittsburgh and they know they're in for a rough time if they don't find a new franchise quarterback.  He looks old.

How has that shiny, new RB been working out?

(10-04-2021, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Roethlisberger looked bad and has looked bad.  Indecisive.  Overthrowing receivers.  Looks bad.  You can try to shift the blame, but he has looked bad.  All of my in-laws are in Pittsburgh and they know they're in for a rough time if they don't find a new franchise quarterback.  He looks old.

How has that shiny, new RB been working out?

We aren't talking about the running back.

(10-04-2021, 07:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How has that shiny, new RB been working out?

We aren't talking about the running back.

The Steelers said after the draft that adding Harris was going to make their offense so much better and take pressure off the QB. How has that worked out? Ben may be a shell of what he once was, but the proof is in the pudding. The Steelers have tried over and over to find his replacement to no avail, because the problem is that their O-Line sucks. No QB or RB can succeed when the O-Line is that bad.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 08:40 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-04-2021, 07:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: We aren't talking about the running back.

The Steelers said after the draft that adding Harris was going to make their offense so much better and take pressure off the QB. How has that worked out? Ben may be a shell of what he once was, but the proof is in the pudding. The Steelers have tried over and over to find his replacement to no avail, because the problem is that their O-Line sucks. No QB or RB can succeed when the O-Line is that bad.

Good grief.  What does that have to do with the way Roethlisberger LOOKS.  You're [BLEEP] agreeing with me but still inisist on arguing.

(10-04-2021, 08:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Steelers said after the draft that adding Harris was going to make their offense so much better and take pressure off the QB. How has that worked out? Ben may be a shell of what he once was, but the proof is in the pudding. The Steelers have tried over and over to find his replacement to no avail, because the problem is that their O-Line sucks. No QB or RB can succeed when the O-Line is that bad.

Good grief.  What does that have to do with the way Roethlisberger LOOKS.  You're [BLEEP] agreeing with me but still inisist on arguing.

I'm not arguing. I'm simply saying it's not all Roethlisberger's fault. You seem to be laying 100% of the blame at his feet and that simply isn't the case. If that team even had a halfway competent O-Line, they would at least be competing for that division. Right now nothing is working on offense and it can be tracked back to the pathetic play of the O-Line.

(10-04-2021, 09:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 08:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief.  What does that have to do with the way Roethlisberger LOOKS.  You're [BLEEP] agreeing with me but still inisist on arguing.

I'm not arguing. I'm simply saying it's not all Roethlisberger's fault. You seem to be laying 100% of the blame at his feet and that simply isn't the case. If that team even had a halfway competent O-Line, they would at least be competing for that division. Right now nothing is working on offense and it can be tracked back to the pathetic play of the O-Line.

And you continue to argue, even though you are telling me that you aren't.  Carefully examine ALL of my posts.  Where am I even closely insinuating it's remotely 'laying 100% of the blame at his feet'.  Please...please...show me where I said that.  But hey...stand your ground and insist you aren't arguing.  You NEED to be right.

(10-04-2021, 10:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 09:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not arguing. I'm simply saying it's not all Roethlisberger's fault. You seem to be laying 100% of the blame at his feet and that simply isn't the case. If that team even had a halfway competent O-Line, they would at least be competing for that division. Right now nothing is working on offense and it can be tracked back to the pathetic play of the O-Line.

And you continue to argue, even though you are telling me that you aren't.  Carefully examine ALL of my posts.  Where am I even closely insinuating it's remotely 'laying 100% of the blame at his feet'.  Please...please...show me where I said that.  But hey...stand your ground and insist you aren't arguing.  You NEED to be right.

"Roethlisberger looked bad and has looked bad.  Indecisive.  Overthrowing receivers.  Looks bad.  You can try to shift the blame, but he has looked bad.  All of my in-laws are in Pittsburgh and they know they're in for a rough time if they don't find a new franchise quarterback.  He looks old."

It sure sounds to me like you are placing all the blame on Roethlisberger. You never mention the poor protection he has or the lack of a run game. How else am I supposed to take it? I'm simply going off of your words. No arguing at all. Just a debate. If you aren't blaming it all on Roethlisberger, fine. End of discussion, but based on what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you are placing blame anywhere else.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2021, 08:31 AM by RicoTx.)

(10-04-2021, 11:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 10:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And you continue to argue, even though you are telling me that you aren't.  Carefully examine ALL of my posts.  Where am I even closely insinuating it's remotely 'laying 100% of the blame at his feet'.  Please...please...show me where I said that.  But hey...stand your ground and insist you aren't arguing.  You NEED to be right.

"Roethlisberger looked bad and has looked bad.  Indecisive.  Overthrowing receivers.  Looks bad.  You can try to shift the blame, but he has looked bad.  All of my in-laws are in Pittsburgh and they know they're in for a rough time if they don't find a new franchise quarterback.  He looks old."

It sure sounds to me like you are placing all the blame on Roethlisberger. You never mention the poor protection he has or the lack of a run game. How else am I supposed to take it? I'm simply going off of your words. No arguing at all. Just a debate. If you aren't blaming it all on Roethlisberger, fine. End of discussion, but based on what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you are placing blame anywhere else.

How in the world...

Never mind.  Your superior intellect has put me in my place.  That is absolutely laying all the blame on Roethlisberger.    Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2021, 06:55 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32343660

Pressured on only 7% of his throws Sunday.  Lowest pressure percentage on a losing team QB with 40 or more attempts in 8 years.

LOL

(10-04-2021, 09:51 PM)enigma Wrote: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/paul-zeise/2021/10/04/Ben-Roethlisberger-is-killing-the-Steelers-mason-rudolph-dwayne-haskins-mike-tomlin-backup-quarterback-packers/stories/202110030243

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/gm-report/five-thoughts-pittsburgh-steelers-talking-ben-roethlisberger

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/04/ben-roethlisberger-steelers-need-to-look-in-the-mirror-and-figure-out-the-path-we-want-to-take/

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/10/3/22708192/who-is-the-steelers-dud-of-the-week-after-the-loss-to-the-packers-in-week-4-roethlisberger-harvin

https://fansided.com/2021/10/04/steve-young-rips-steelers-ben-roethlisberger/

https://steelersnow.com/takeaways-ben-ro...right-now/

(10-05-2021, 06:42 PM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32343660

Pressured on only 7% of his throws Sunday.  Lowest pressure percentage on a losing team QB with 40 or more attempts in 8 years.

LOL

These aren't personal attacks on Big Ben or anything even close, it's just factual that he has regressed tremendously irrespective of his offensive line. These were just some of the articles evidencing where the issues primarily originate from with the Steelers.

But some people on this board like to make mountains out of molehills and they'll do whatever just to make sure they are "right" on the internet even if it means moving the goalposts.

The Cowboys just released LB Jaylon Smith:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2429945868

The Saints signed Ozigbo from us. We're going to regret letting Ogunbaslkdnaweuavlueasdvwale have a roster spot over Ozigbo.

(10-05-2021, 09:12 PM)Upper Wrote: The Saints signed Ozigbo from us. We're going to regret letting Ogunbaslkdnaweuavlueasdvwale have a roster spot over Ozigbo.

Duke Johnson is really easy to spell.

(10-05-2021, 08:36 PM)mal234 Wrote: The Cowboys just released LB Jaylon Smith:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2429945868

Throw the money truck at him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Giants starting to get Toney involved

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/10/as-kad...block.html