Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man shot after witnessing crime in Atlanta calls 911: 'Please hold'

There is absolutely no excuse for this.......

An Atlanta restaurant employee who was shot while witnessing a crime was put on hold when he called Atlanta 911.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-shot-afte...lease-hold
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2021, 06:14 AM)The Drifter Wrote: There is absolutely no excuse for this.......

An Atlanta restaurant employee who was shot while witnessing a crime was put on hold when he called Atlanta 911.

I've had that happen too, although it was small town and not a life or death emergency, and I was LIVID that this was even a practice.

If the operator(s) is unable to take the call, that line should forward to police dept. front desk, or dispatch supervisor, something, ANYTHING, other than muzak.

At the very least, take the call, assess the situation and then decide whether placing on hold is worthwhile.

(09-17-2021, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 06:14 AM)The Drifter Wrote: There is absolutely no excuse for this.......

I've had that happen too, although it was small town and not a life or death emergency, and I was LIVID that this was even a practice.

If the operator(s) is unable to take the call, that line should forward to police dept. front desk, or dispatch supervisor, something, ANYTHING, other than muzak.

At the very least, take the call, assess the situation and then decide whether placing on hold is worthwhile.

Let me guess. You got a -1 down vote.

(09-17-2021, 03:29 PM)Olive Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: I've had that happen too, although it was small town and not a life or death emergency, and I was LIVID that this was even a practice.

Let me guess. You got a -1 down vote.

I think you got the wrong Mikey. It's mikesez your after when it comes to down vote meltdowns..   Laughing Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Had to sign in for this one. Can confirm, You’ve got the wrong Michael. This ones pretty cool. Matter of fact, I’m going plus one his [BLEEP]. I feel really bad he was confused with that dude that can’t get out of the red rep wise.

Are you guys sure he doesn't have a cool dude screen name and a bad guy screen name like the rest of us?  I trust your judgement. I apologize, Mikey.  I did still wonder, if it isn't a life or death emergency, why would you tie up 911 operators? Isn't that the issue?

(09-17-2021, 09:12 PM)Olive Wrote: Are you guys sure he doesn't have a cool dude screen name and a bad guy screen name like the rest of us?  I trust your judgement. I apologize, Mikey.  I did still wonder, if it isn't a life or death emergency, why would you tie up 911 operators? Isn't that the issue?

Good question!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-17-2021, 06:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 03:29 PM)Olive Wrote: Let me guess. You got a -1 down vote.

I think you got the wrong Mikey. It's mikesez your after when it comes to down vote meltdowns..   Laughing Laughing

you know, I was so very confused about this post, and chalked it up to my Friday brain just being checked out already. This at least makes a little more sense.

(09-17-2021, 09:12 PM)Olive Wrote: Are you guys sure he doesn't have a cool dude screen name and a bad guy screen name like the rest of us?  I trust your judgement. I apologize, Mikey.  I did still wonder, if it isn't a life or death emergency, why would you tie up 911 operators? Isn't that the issue?

if you are in a fender bender, do you dial the police station directly to report?
if your house is on fire, but everyone is evacuated, do you head to the phone book to find the nearest fire station's direct line?

The point was more that answering the line, immediately saying please hold and not allowing the caller to even explain the situation fails to assess the actual degree of emergency being called in.

I have the police non emergency number programmed into my phone. It’s been in there for years.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???