Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Jagwads vs 2021 Jagwads. Who would win?

Right now it would be a horrible game to watch but think the 2020 has a slight edge.  Minshew plays super conservative and has like 190 yards passing with a TD.   Lawrence Throws for 340 yards on 53 attempts with 3 tds but 4ints.

Jags 2020 40 (Robinson 4 rushing tds)  Jags 2021 24 (Lawrence 3tds but 4 ints)
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2021 would win, our pass d can't get ints lmao.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 06:08 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

At least they knew how to use Robinson. Also it seems like Marrone is less dumb than Meyer.
Maybe you give Marrone Lawrence and a decent DC and he can get 5-7 wins. The idiot never wanted to get rid of Wash though.

(from what we've seen so far)
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-19-2021, 06:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 2020.

At least they knew how to use Robinson. Also it seems like Marrone is less dumb than Meyer.
Maybe you give Marrone Lawrence and a decent DC and he can get 5-7 wins. The idiot never wanted to get rid of Wash though.

(from what we've seen so far)

Marrone, for all his faults, is a pro coach who understands the game.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

2020 jags Minshew is aa better qb then Trevor who is like foles. Highly overrated ,and overhyped.!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 2020 jags Minshew is aa better qb then Trevor who is like foles. Highly overrated ,and overhyped.!!!

C'mon man, let's at least be realistic in our criticism.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-19-2021, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 2020 jags Minshew is aa better qb then Trevor who is like foles. Highly overrated ,and overhyped.!!!

C'mon man, let's at least be realistic in our criticism.

Did you watch Lawrence thread the needle in between 3 defenders to only have the ball dropped. I like Minshew and feel like the franchise screwed him over but come on. Do you watch football?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2021, 07:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: C'mon man, let's at least be realistic in our criticism.

Did you watch Lawrence thread the needle in between 3 defenders to only have the ball dropped. I like Minshew and feel like the franchise screwed him over but come on. Do you watch football?

Umm, yeah? That's the point of my comment, TLaw is head and shoulders better.

how many games did minshew win his rookie year quite a few. Trevor has won 0 games. minshew wasn't even the starter. No qb could make this  team better.  

not even Tom brady. jags would still keep loseing.  Jacksonville is the laughing stock of NFL now.  the whole team sucks,and now they have already ruined a qb that was supposse to a  franchis qb,and gentrial talent.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-19-2021, 08:03 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: how many games did minshew win his rookie year quite a few. Trevor has won 0 games. minshew wasn't even the starter. No qb could make this  team better.  

not even Tom brady. jags would still keep loseing.  Jacksonville is the laughing stock of NFL now.  the whole team sucks,and now they have already ruined a qb that was supposse to a  franchis qb,and gentrial talent.

So just to be clear, you see the difference between Minshew and Lawrence being tilted in Minshew's favor?

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 10:29 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Did you watch Lawrence thread the needle in between 3 defenders to only have the ball dropped. I like Minshew and feel like the franchise screwed him over but come on. Do you watch football?

Umm, yeah? That's the point of my comment, TLaw is head and shoulders better.
Not you flsprtsgod. Is the quotes option broken? I was referring to snowie

Sorry not trying to come off as a jagwad
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2021, 10:27 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Umm, yeah? That's the point of my comment, TLaw is head and shoulders better.
Not you flsprtsgod. Is the quotes option broken? I was referring to snowie

Sorry not trying to come off as a jagwad

Haven't seen any issues with the board today. Still see an occasional duplicate response for no reason, but none today.

Lets overlook all of TLs trash throws and the fact that hes sub 50 percent completion with more picks than tds and get all squeely over one or two "big time throws".

When Lawrence has ONE game as good as Minshew's first two last year (before he broke his thumb, you know) that were superlative in every sense, you guys be sure and let me know. Bet it doesnt happen this season.

(09-19-2021, 10:33 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Lets overlook all of TLs trash throws and the fact that hes sub 50 percent completion with more picks than tds and get all squeely over one or two "big time throws".

When Lawrence has ONE game as good as Minshew's first two last year (before he broke his thumb, you know) that were superlative in every sense, you guys be sure and let me know. Bet it doesnt happen this season.

I'd take Lawrence on his worst day than ceiling-capped, noodle-armed Minshew.

Sounds like you're a Minshew fanatic over a Jacksonville Jaguar fan, so please do us all a favor follow him to the Eagles. Oh, and if he was THAT good, why isn't he the immediate starter in Philly?

As for the topic, I'd say the 2021 team from what I've seen so far and it's solely because of the rush defense. I'm losing what little hope/optimism I had for Meyer and co rapidly.

Again was trashed earlier in the year for claiming he didn't look like a generational talent on tape @ clemson, saying and I quote "He is constantly up and down with accuracy and decision making". Not hard to see the future when you have evidence from the past.

(09-20-2021, 12:01 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Again was trashed earlier in the year for claiming he didn't look like a generational talent on tape @ clemson, saying and I quote "He is constantly up and down with accuracy and decision making". Not hard to see the future when you have evidence from the past.

Using your logic, you'd pass on Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck/etc too.

Glad you're not on the talent evaluation staff.

(09-19-2021, 05:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Right now it would be a horrible game to watch but think the 2020 has a slight edge.  Minshew plays super conservative and has like 190 yards passing with a TD.   Lawrence Throws for 340 yards on 53 attempts with 3 tds but 4ints.

Jags 2020 40 (Robinson 4 rushing tds)  Jags 2021 24 (Lawrence 3tds but 4 ints)

This thought exercise might be hazardous to one's mental health.

Darrell Bevell's offense against Todd Wash's D. Would TLaw actually flourish there? 

I would give the ever-so-slight edge to 2021, if only because this D can stop the run, and last year's pass offense was ABYSMAL. It would probably mean first to two scores wins.

Final score might be 14-13, in favor of this year, or it could be 31-13, I just can't get a grasp on our current offense at all.

well, I will say, of all the opinions out there, this is certainly one of them.

One draft and a few FA pieces were not going to fix this team. This was a legit 1-15 team.. It's going to take multiple drafts and FA's to really move the bar in a positive direction. To think otherwise was just a pipe dream.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 09:28 AM by Mikey.)

(09-19-2021, 08:03 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: how many games did minshew win his rookie year quite a few. Trevor has won 0 games. minshew wasn't even the starter. No qb could make this  team better.  

How many players from the AFCCG were on that 2019 roster?
How many are left today?

Are you alleging that Minshew would have won either of the past two games? How many did he win last year, with much the same offensive roster?

FTR, Minshew lost his first two appearances, too. If the D can sack Murray 9 times this Sunday like 2019 D did to Mariota, I like TLaw's chances of tasting a W.

(09-19-2021, 10:33 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Lets overlook all of TLs trash throws and the fact that hes sub 50 percent completion with more picks than tds and get all squeely over one or two "big time throws".

...so was the Shew still affected by that thumb this preseason? he wasn't exactly tossin dimes out there, and the coaches gave him every conceivable opportunity to retain the starting position.

Dr. James Andrews salivating at all the knee-jerking going on in this thread.