Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Republicans on Verge of Outnumbering Democrats in Florida for First Time

Republicans appear ready to claim more registered voters than Democrats in Florida for the first time in modern political history, Politico reported.

Democrats had 23,055 more registered voters than Republicans in the Sunshine State at the end of August — that was down from the 700,000 voters advantage President Barack Obama won the state with in 2008.
"Without a full-frontal, professional and accountable partisan effort to turn it around, sometime before the end of this year, there will be more Republicans registered in Florida than Democrats — that has NEVER happened before," longtime Florida Democrat operative Steve Schale told Politico.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/republi...d/1037119/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Republicans may be the biggest group for a little while, but, if current trends hold, the independents will be the biggest group in a few more years.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Democrats will still have the Cemetary Vote though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2021, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Republicans may be the biggest group for a little while, but, if current trends hold, the independents will be the biggest group in a few more years.

uh huh, and your source for this little tidbit?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-20-2021, 04:59 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Republicans may be the biggest group for a little while, but, if current trends hold, the independents will be the biggest group in a few more years.

Don Lemon.

(09-20-2021, 05:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: uh huh, and your source for this little tidbit?

Don Lemon.

hahahah

I don't know about that.

I don't know if this is a "trend" or not, but I personally know 2 adults that are "transplants" from New York that just moved here this year.  Both of them just today finally got Florida driver's licenses and registered to vote Republican.  I also know a pretty fair share of people that are/were either democrat (like you) or independent that love our governor and hate the current regime.

So I don't know what "trend" you are talking about.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

So people are coming to their senses?

(09-20-2021, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote: So people are coming to their senses?

They are finally understanding that the demoRATS are losers..

I do think that a lot of people are finally "waking up" rather than "being woke".  I do think that a lot of independent voters are seeing the disaster that is this regime.  Democrats like Mikesez like to fantasize about reality being otherwise.  Even my life-long democrat parents (both in their 80's) want to get rid of the current regime.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 07:01 PM by mikesez.)

(09-20-2021, 04:59 PM)Ronster Wrote:

There are many over the years as this is a long term trend.  But here's a recent one.  https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...ince-2016/

(09-20-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I do think that a lot of people are finally "waking up" rather than "being woke".  I do think that a lot of independent voters are seeing the disaster that is this regime.  Democrats like Mikesez like to fantasize about reality being otherwise.  Even my life-long democrat parents (both in their 80's) want to get rid of the current regime.

Wrong again.  The data are from the Trump administration.  We don't have data during "this regime" yet.

(09-20-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I don’t disagree.  I’m cautiously optimistic that this is true.  It’s what I’m seeing as well.  Hopefully ? n 2024 we have a fair election and voters that are informed.  I hope 2020 was a “careful what you wish for” moment for the Democrats. Life wasn’t so bad with the “orange man”!

Here in Florida you cannot vote in the primaries unless you have party affiliation.

(09-20-2021, 07:06 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I do think that a lot of people are finally "waking up" rather than "being woke".  I do think that a lot of independent voters are seeing the disaster that is this regime.  Democrats like Mikesez like to fantasize about reality being otherwise.  Even my life-long democrat parents (both in their 80's) want to get rid of the current regime.
I don’t disagree.  I’m cautiously optimistic that this is true.  It’s what I’m seeing as well.  Hopefully ? n 2024 we have a fair election and voters that are informed.  I hope 2020 was a “careful what you wish for” moment for the Democrats. Life wasn’t so bad with the “orange man”!

Good luck with that. This past election was the Tide Pod Generation that voted. These are really stupid people. They're uneducated because our school system has failed them and they're activists now because of it. It's The Walking Dead out there..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 10:38 AM by mikesez.)

(09-21-2021, 10:08 AM)Ronster Wrote: Here in Florida you cannot vote in the primaries unless you have party affiliation.

True, but most people don't care about primaries.  I care, which is why I stay registered Republican.  Because there are so many races that are decided at the primary, meaning, if you win the primary you win the seat because the other candidates in the general (if there are any) have no chance. You probably care too. But most people don't care.