Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ Traded

(09-27-2021, 10:36 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We are loaded with draft picks next year lol

We’re always loaded. What have we done with them? Basically nothing….

Been shooting blanks the whole time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2021, 10:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: CJ just wasn't that good. They played their best defensive game of the season without him. He was a bad pick 2 years ago and is still a bad pick today.

https://twitter.com/IrishJaguar/status/1...27585?s=20

That's an interesting stat. Makes me feel a little better about this.

(09-27-2021, 10:36 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We are loaded with draft picks next year lol

We’re always loaded. What have we done with them? Basically nothing….

Well Urb has only had 1 draft.  The previous regimes are irrelevant.  Hopefully Urb can hit on a lot of these picks

My reaction to this trade is that it gives us final confirmation of the horrendous job that Caldwell did as general manager. His mistakes have been documented ad-nauseum on this forum and no need to repeat them again. Imagine if the Jaguars had drafted Tristan Wirfs and Justin Jefferson instead of Henderson and Chaisson. Not only would they have saved $14 million on Cam Robinson, but both the offensive tackle and receiver positions would have been upgraded significantly.

As far as this trade goes, I have mixed feelings. It was only a matter of time before Henderson imploded again and his trade value lowered. That being said, the Jaguars traded the 9th pick in the 2020 draft for an undrafted tight end and added a 3rd rounder in place of a 5th. Arnold definitely has a high ceiling as a tight end, but has yet to demonstrate this consistently on the field. Hopefully he and Hollister will finally make our opponents account for the tight ends. In the short-term, this trade will hurt the team since Tyson Campbell has a LONG WAY to go as evidenced by the ball AJ Green caught on him yesterday when Campbell couldn't have been in a better position for an interception or at least knocking the ball down. Campbell will get a season at corner to see if he can significantly improve his non-existent ball skills. If he doesn't, the team will need to cut their losses.

(09-27-2021, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:36 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: We’re always loaded. What have we done with them? Basically nothing….

Well Urb has only had 1 draft.  The previous regimes are irrelevant.  Hopefully Urb can hit on a lot of these picks

That’s true. But even this past draft seems to be lacking in the starter potential. But giving it time is only fair. My confidence in draft picks is lacking though.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-27-2021, 10:47 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Well Urb has only had 1 draft.  The previous regimes are irrelevant.  Hopefully Urb can hit on a lot of these picks

That’s true. But even this past draft seems to be lacking in the starter potential. But giving it time is only fair. My confidence in draft picks is lacking though.

I have more faith in Urb than I do Dave Caldwell.  Dave was always a horrible drafter

(09-27-2021, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:47 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: That’s true. But even this past draft seems to be lacking in the starter potential. But giving it time is only fair. My confidence in draft picks is lacking though.

I have more faith in Urb than I do Dave Caldwell.  Dave was always a horrible drafter

Facts lol. Real question, who was worse? Dave or gene whifff? Lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-27-2021, 10:53 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I have more faith in Urb than I do Dave Caldwell.  Dave was always a horrible drafter

That's close,  Dave by a little but Dave did always pick higher than Gene

(09-27-2021, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I have more faith in Urb than I do Dave Caldwell.  Dave was always a horrible drafter

Its not even close, Jeansmiff was an absolute abomination to this franchise.

(09-27-2021, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Campbell pick is looking nice and I'm glad he looked good yesterday. It's clear they have a ton of faith in him

Hang on how did this just slide? Campbell got torched in weeks 1 and 2 and then still gave up 75% completions while showing off his patented lack of ball skills yesterday. In what planet is Campbell looking like a nice pick so far?

All for this trade!!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-27-2021, 10:31 AM)Firesky Wrote: This is a bad trade. a 3rd rounder and a TE. Yes our biggest position of need but we got HOSED on the pick value, top ten pick who has flashed ability and we ship him off for pennies on the dollar?!?!? What is this team doing?!?!

When had he "flashed ability" outside his first rookie game?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)Upper Wrote: Well the timing of this is awfully surprising.

The timing of this trade is awful, period.

Aside from having a game on a short week against three very good WRs in Cincy, Henderson has played well this year.

CB is not the deepest position on the team.

just don't like the deal.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

When I first saw the trade, I was REALLY against it.

But just got done watching a youtube highlight reel of Dan Arnold from last year, and the kid actually has talent. He has decent speed and what looks like great hands.

I feel like we could have gotten more, but I'm starting to lean more towards mehh about the trade.

(09-27-2021, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Campbell pick is looking nice and I'm glad he looked good yesterday.  It's clear they have a ton of faith in him

Hang on how did this just slide? Campbell got torched in weeks 1 and 2 and then still gave up 75% completions while showing off his patented lack of ball skills yesterday. In what planet is Campbell looking like a nice pick so far?
If we didn't have Campbell we would be in even a bigger hole at CB.  Campbell looked good yesterday and he was in position and had his head around on the 1 big play he gave up.  There were a few guys I would have taken over him but he is showing flashes.

Another Caldwell disaster. This team makes it incredibly difficult to root for them. Sure, I'm glad we got something in return but it would've been, oh, I don't know...MUCH BETTER TO VET YOUR 9TH OVERALL PICK AND GET A GUY WHO CAN STAY HERE FOR YEARS. Unreal. Now more reports are coming out about how Meyer is rubbing the team the wrong way. This all starts with Khan not knowing how to hire anyone.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Dave did more damage due to the length of time he was here.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 11:08 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-27-2021, 10:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:08 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Seems like he wanted out. Might as well get a TE in a trade.

Maybe that's it.  Otherwise, it doesn't seem like much value for a starting CB.
On the other hand, it's great vlue for Carolina.

Once JC Horn gets healthy, that secondary and defense overall is going to be nasty.

It's probably there now, but with both of them on the field together?

(09-27-2021, 10:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:08 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Another wasted first round pick.
Man if this isn't true.

Jags had 4 1st round picks in 2 pretty loaded classes and came away with Lawrence (no brainer), a corner they just traded for a 3rd, a pass rusher who doesn't get sacks and a backup RB.

Beautiful.
Shaking my head in dismay.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Great trade in my mind. The good thing about a new regime is they don’t have to feel saddled by the last regime’s mistakes. Time to move on and we got a decent tight end out of it. Can we please cut Hollister now?

(09-27-2021, 11:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Maybe that's it.  Otherwise, it doesn't seem like much value for a starting CB.
On the other hand, it's great vlue for Carolina.

Once JC Horn gets healthy, that secondary and defense overall is going to be nasty.

It's probably there now, but with both of them on the field together?

(09-27-2021, 10:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Man if this isn't true.

Jags had 4 1st round picks in 2 pretty loaded classes and came away with Lawrence (no brainer), a corner they just traded for a 3rd, a pass rusher who doesn't get sacks and a backup RB.

Beautiful.
Shaking my head in dismay.

It's only great value if he plays up to his potential which would then be a steal but this is a huge red flag if Urban is trading him already and Urban loves his corners.  Seeing this I think he will be out of the league in a year or 2, he posted a bunch of depression posts the last few years and might need mental help