Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ Traded

(09-27-2021, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Campbell pick is looking nice and I'm glad he looked good yesterday.  It's clear they have a ton of faith in him

Hang on how did this just slide? Campbell got torched in weeks 1 and 2 and then still gave up 75% completions while showing off his patented lack of ball skills yesterday. In what planet is Campbell looking like a nice pick so far?

I caught that, too.  Campbell is living up to his pre-draft evaluation- great physical talent, but lack of ball awareness.  Sort of like the Taven Bryan of cornerbacks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2021, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: On the other hand, it's great vlue for Carolina.

Once JC Horn gets healthy, that secondary and defense overall is going to be nasty.

It's probably there now, but with both of them on the field together?

Shaking my head in dismay.

It's only great value if he plays up to his potential which would then be a steal but this is a huge red flag if Urban is trading him already and Urban loves his corners.  Seeing this I think he will be out of the league in a year or 2, he posted a bunch of depression posts the last few years and might need mental help
"Henderson was a great pick" hahahah

All it takes is for something to smack you in the face repeatedly for it to sink in.

I supported CJ while he was here as a Jag.. Unfortunately, he didn't give me much to support. At least TLaw got another weapon and Jags got a 3rd rounder out of it.

What's not to like from this?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-27-2021, 11:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote: Hang on how did this just slide? Campbell got torched in weeks 1 and 2 and then still gave up 75% completions while showing off his patented lack of ball skills yesterday. In what planet is Campbell looking like a nice pick so far?

I caught that, too.  Campbell is living up to his pre-draft evaluation- great physical talent, but lack of ball awareness.  Sort of like the Taven Bryan of cornerbacks.

Haha in other words, he is too stupid to notice the WR is looking into the sky, his hands are up, and he is adjusting his speed.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 11:25 AM by Newton.)

(09-27-2021, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: On the other hand, it's great vlue for Carolina.

Once JC Horn gets healthy, that secondary and defense overall is going to be nasty.

It's probably there now, but with both of them on the field together?

Shaking my head in dismay.

It's only great value if he plays up to his potential which would then be a steal but this is a huge red flag if Urban is trading him already and Urban loves his corners.  Seeing this I think he will be out of the league in a year or 2, he posted a bunch of depression posts the last few years and might need mental help
Yeah clearly something is going on, because there is a lot of smoke. I hope the change of scenery is good for CJ. I don’t think Jacksonville and him were a good fit.

(09-27-2021, 11:23 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I caught that, too.  Campbell is living up to his pre-draft evaluation- great physical talent, but lack of ball awareness.  Sort of like the Taven Bryan of cornerbacks.

Haha in other words, he is too stupid to notice the WR is looking into the sky, his hands are up, and he is adjusting his speed.

I think he will improve. Getting boxed out by AJ Greene is something that can happen.

According to 1010xl via the official Jags press release at the moment, they are saying that its a straight player for player swap - and no draft picks involved.

Maybe the team hasn't provided the details on which draft picks are involved, but if its a straight player for player trade - I'm definitely not a fan.

Well there goes the season.

Not really, I don't like this front office or the way the owner is running the team but I have no control of those things. Have to watch what happens next. At least the game play was better this Sunday.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-27-2021, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:36 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: We’re always loaded. What have we done with them? Basically nothing….

Well Urb has only had 1 draft.  The previous regimes are irrelevant.  Hopefully Urb can hit on a lot of these picks

LOL

Based on the High School 5 Star Recruit Report?

That man has no clue what NFL players should look like. And Baalke is even worse.

(09-27-2021, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's only great value if he plays up to his potential which would then be a steal but this is a huge red flag if Urban is trading him already and Urban loves his corners.  Seeing this I think he will be out of the league in a year or 2, he posted a bunch of depression posts the last few years and might need mental help
"Henderson was a great pick" hahahah

All it takes is for something to smack you in the face repeatedly for it to sink in.

I wanted Wirfs, and CJ is a damn good corner and has all the tools you want in a corner.  I don't believe they are trading him because of his play on the field, there is more to it than that and I think we will see it play out in the future.   We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or get to interview the players

Now ir makes more sense why they brought in Nevin Lawson.

If Henderson doesn't want to be on the Jags then get rid of him. I just question what we got in return even though I understand it can be hard to get fair value for someone who wants out.

This trade once again raises the question: Why is player retention such a problem for this team?

The few player we'ce drafted over the years that were actually worth keeping are gone.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-27-2021, 11:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: This trade once again raises the question:  Why is player retention such a problem for this team?

The few player we'ce drafted over the years that were actually worth keeping are gone.

More recently it's been mismanagement by Coughlin/Caldwell and losing overall.

(09-27-2021, 11:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)Upper Wrote: Well the timing of this is awfully surprising.

The timing of this trade is awful, period.

Aside from having a game on a short week against three very good WRs in Cincy, Henderson has played well this year.

CB is not the deepest position on the team.

just don't like the deal.

CJ wasn't going to play this week, so that doesn't matter at all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2021, 11:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: This trade once again raises the question:  Why is player retention such a problem for this team?

This franchise is awful and I have a sinking suspicion the NFLPA has it out for the team. Those grievances that we know of are probably tip of the iceberg stuff. 

We mistreat players that perform on the field. They gave contracts early to the wrong players. The stories on Caldwell were horrible and it speaks very poorly about the owner. 

The owner tolerates all the wrong behavior and holds the players to a higher standard then his front office and coaches.

I am not a big pro player advocate but I can't imagine being with this team the past 12 years. It has been double talk and a complete nightmare outside of one year. And then the franchise kept pointing at 2017 as if they did something.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-27-2021, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: "Henderson was a great pick" hahahah

I wanted Wirfs, and CJ is a damn good corner and has all the tools you want in a corner.  I don't believe they are trading him because of his play on the field, there is more to it than that and I think we will see it play out in the future.   We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or get to interview the players

A head case with no heart is not what you want in a corner. You really should quit defending this bust now, it's getting weird.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2021, 11:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wanted Wirfs, and CJ is a damn good corner and has all the tools you want in a corner.  I don't believe they are trading him because of his play on the field, there is more to it than that and I think we will see it play out in the future.   We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or get to interview the players

A head case with no heart is not what you want in a corner. You really should quit defending this bust now, it's getting weird.

I mean.. his reasoning is literally in his username.

Gatas can do no wrong!

The trade sucks from a value standpoint, but this just goes to show how poorly Caldwell did as a GM.  Could have traded back and gotten CeeDee Lamb and extra picks.  

It's clear that Urban Meyer values the locker room above all else and he doesn't want malcontents like CJ Henderson infecting the other young players.

(09-27-2021, 10:10 AM)enigma Wrote: Well on the bright side, we can realistically target a player like Derek Stingley Jr. and have it make sense to draft him.

So that means there's no way that we're ending up with him....after all we ARE the Jaguars :/

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 12:12 PM by Jagwired. Edited 1 time in total.)

It wasn't something behind closed doors. It was wide open and been going on since draft night.

[Image: ap_20115056306396.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Lol ... a lot of people wanted Mekhi Becton or Justin Jefferson, who were actually drafted after CJ. Imagine had we gone that route and we woke up today only to learn we traded Becton or Jefferson for Arnold and swapped a 5th for a 3rd.

This only seals CJs fate a a future pro bowler.