Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 4

So, this division is ripe for the taking. Obviously we are the worst team in it, so likely not by us this year, but nothing is impossible given how horrible the AFC south appears to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-29-2021, 03:33 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the Texans, down their starting QB Tyrod Taylor, started rookie Divis Mills at QB.  Considering the quality of the opponent and the short week, it came as no surprise that Houston lost.  Not knocking them…but they had a tall task ahead of them.  Meanwhile, the Tacks edged the Colts in a battle between AFC Souoth rivals.  Finally, the Jaguars put up a good fight against the Cardinals, and controlled the game for three quarters,  but turnovers doomed the Jaguars, as they droped their third straight this year, and 19th straight game overall.  Since then, the Jaguars have traded away yet another first round pick-CB CJ Henderson.  This leaves rookie CB getting his second start of his career.
Prediction wise, most of us had a good week last week.  I finished 3-0, bringing my overall record to 7-3 after 3 weeks.  Hopefully I can continue itm though I would love to be wrong at least for one game.

Jaguars (0-3) at Bengals (2-1)-In a matchup of the last two #1 overall picks, the Jaguars and Trevor Lawrence travel to Cincy on a short week to take on Joe Burrow and the Bengalsm fresh off a win over the Steelers.  The Jaguars defense has played relatively well the past couple of weeks.  However, I wonder if the defense will be betrayed by an offense that is adeot at turning the ball over and a kicking game that can’t get the ball between the uprights.  The JJaguars finally got the running game going last week, and I have to imagine they will look to continue this.  They will have to.  This is looking like the first really hostile crowd the team will face this year.  They will need to get the running game going to drain some of the energy out of the crowd, to keep Trevor Lawrence in favorable down and distance situations, and to keep the Bengals offense off the field.  The Bengals offer some receivers every bit as good as Arizona’s, though their QB is less experienced.  This will be an interesting game the Jaguars could win, bt I’m not yet convinced they will win.  Cincy wins  24-20.

Tennessee (2-1) at NY Jets (0-3)-I see no way the Jets, with rookie QB Zach Wilson, behind a battered OL, ccan hope to compete against a Tennessee team that has won two straight and has the running game going.  I can see Wilson getting sacked another five times.  Tacks 27, Jets 10.

Houston (1-2) at Buffahole (2-1)-Houston has played surprisingly well the first two weeks, but playing against a Bills team that looks like a Super bowl contender is too much to ask for a Davis Mills led Texans team.  Buffahole wins 35-13.

Indianapolis (0-3) at Miami (1-2)-two banged up teams go at it as the reeling Colts are up against the reeling Dolphins.  Despite bad showings the past couple of weeks, I think the Dolphins’ defense is capable of a big game against a banged up Colts’ offensive line and QB.  Meanwhile, the Fish counter with decent backup Jacoby Brissett, filling in for an injured Tua Tagoavila.  The winless Colts have been competitive in losses to Tennessee and the Rams.  This is a tough game to pick, but I have the Fish taking it 27-21, in large part because Nelson is banged up and may not play for the Colts this weekend.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  7-3.

This week:  2-2

Overall:  9-5

I changed my mind at the last minute on the Colts-Dolphins matchup and overreacted to Nelson being out.  I guess I didn't realize just how bad the Miami OL was.  I didn't like Austin Jackson coming out of college, and thus far he seems to have proven me right.

I think most picked the Tacks to win, so I know I am among the pleasantly surprised to see them lose.

Texans got blasted, as I figured, and the Jaguars lost but looked good.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-03-2021, 05:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 03:33 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the Texans, down their starting QB Tyrod Taylor, started rookie Divis Mills at QB.  Considering the quality of the opponent and the short week, it came as no surprise that Houston lost.  Not knocking them…but they had a tall task ahead of them.  Meanwhile, the Tacks edged the Colts in a battle between AFC Souoth rivals.  Finally, the Jaguars put up a good fight against the Cardinals, and controlled the game for three quarters,  but turnovers doomed the Jaguars, as they droped their third straight this year, and 19th straight game overall.  Since then, the Jaguars have traded away yet another first round pick-CB CJ Henderson.  This leaves rookie CB getting his second start of his career.
Prediction wise, most of us had a good week last week.  I finished 3-0, bringing my overall record to 7-3 after 3 weeks.  Hopefully I can continue itm though I would love to be wrong at least for one game.

Jaguars (0-3) at Bengals (2-1)-In a matchup of the last two #1 overall picks, the Jaguars and Trevor Lawrence travel to Cincy on a short week to take on Joe Burrow and the Bengalsm fresh off a win over the Steelers.  The Jaguars defense has played relatively well the past couple of weeks.  However, I wonder if the defense will be betrayed by an offense that is adeot at turning the ball over and a kicking game that can’t get the ball between the uprights.  The JJaguars finally got the running game going last week, and I have to imagine they will look to continue this.  They will have to.  This is looking like the first really hostile crowd the team will face this year.  They will need to get the running game going to drain some of the energy out of the crowd, to keep Trevor Lawrence in favorable down and distance situations, and to keep the Bengals offense off the field.  The Bengals offer some receivers every bit as good as Arizona’s, though their QB is less experienced.  This will be an interesting game the Jaguars could win, bt I’m not yet convinced they will win.  Cincy wins  24-20.

Tennessee (2-1) at NY Jets (0-3)-I see no way the Jets, with rookie QB Zach Wilson, behind a battered OL, ccan hope to compete against a Tennessee team that has won two straight and has the running game going.  I can see Wilson getting sacked another five times.  Tacks 27, Jets 10.

Houston (1-2) at Buffahole (2-1)-Houston has played surprisingly well the first two weeks, but playing against a Bills team that looks like a Super bowl contender is too much to ask for a Davis Mills led Texans team.  Buffahole wins 35-13.

Indianapolis (0-3) at Miami (1-2)-two banged up teams go at it as the reeling Colts are up against the reeling Dolphins.  Despite bad showings the past couple of weeks, I think the Dolphins’ defense is capable of a big game against a banged up Colts’ offensive line and QB.  Meanwhile, the Fish counter with decent backup Jacoby Brissett, filling in for an injured Tua Tagoavila.  The winless Colts have been competitive in losses to Tennessee and the Rams.  This is a tough game to pick, but I have the Fish taking it 27-21, in large part because Nelson is banged up and may not play for the Colts this weekend.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  7-3.

This week:  2-2

I changed my mind at the last minute on the Colts-Dolphins matchup and overreacted to Nelson being out.  I guess I didn't realize just how bad the Miami OL was.  I didn't like Austin Jackson coming out of college play much better against the Jaguars, and thus far he seems to have proven me right.

I think most picked the Tacks to win, so I know I am among the pleasantly surprised to see them lose.

The jets looked good in the part they showed here, like a team with some actual talent on it. I expect the titans to play much better vs the Jaguars.

I thought TN would lose with their injuries. Bad news I think they kill Jags this week. They are going to come out hot with one of the WR back.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(10-03-2021, 05:14 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 05:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This week:  2-2

I changed my mind at the last minute on the Colts-Dolphins matchup and overreacted to Nelson being out.  I guess I didn't realize just how bad the Miami OL was.  I didn't like Austin Jackson coming out of college play much better against the Jaguars, and thus far he seems to have proven me right.

The jets looked good in the part they showed here, like a team with some actual talent on it. I expect the titans to play much better vs the Jaguars.

Of course they will.

They will likely have julio Jones, AJ Brown and Bud dupree back healthy.  2.  They have extra motivation coming off an embarrassing loss to the Jets.  3.  They absolutely love to make the Jaguars lives miserable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-29-2021, 02:14 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: Bengals
Titans
Bills
Colts

3-0 last week
6-4 overall

3-1 This week, 9-5 overall.

Titans games predictions are the embodiment of Murphy's Law.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-29-2021, 07:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 8-2 overall

Bungles
Tacks
Bills
Clots

3-1

11-3 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-29-2021, 09:05 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 6-4 overall

this week I will take. 

Bengals

Tittians

Colts

Bills

3-1 this week. overall record moves to   9-5

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-30-2021, 08:20 PM)enigma Wrote: Jaguars
tacks
Bills
clots

Starting out in week 4 so overall record is 0-0.

2-2 this week and overall record as well.

Jets stumbled into an OT victory and my homerism for the Jags pushed through despite the Cincy matchup.

(09-30-2021, 10:16 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 11:10 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 7-3 overall

Bengals over Jaguars
Titans over Jets
Buffalo over Texans
Colts over Dolphins

Yeah I'm changing mine...

Jaguars over Bengals
Titans over Jets
Bills over Texans
Colts over Dolphins

2-2 this week
9-5 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-29-2021, 09:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: Man, the chalk-fest continues. No way to separate from the group unless you attempt to call a crazy upset. More of the same this week!
Season: 8-2 (3-0 last week)

Cincy 30 Duval 16: The good guys showed Sunday that they are finding themselves and are capable of competing against decent teams in the league. However, youth still resulted in bad mistakes late that proved insurmountable. Short week mean less rest, prep and practice. Joey B is not nearly as mobile as Kyler Murray, but Cincy's run game is better than the Cards, too. Unless Sacksonville makes a repeat performance, Burrow will take advantage of any defensive lapses.

tacks 17 NYJ 3: you could not pay me to watch this stinkeroo. JEST may have been wise to sit Wilson a bit, this baptism by fire is burning him to a crisp.

Fluffalo 30 tinhorns 20: Josh Allen toys with Culley's squad, they get a late score to make this game closer than it ever really was. Webb will be OK, but once the film piles up, teams will find ways to get him off his game.

Phins 16 Indynoplace 14 The defenses shine in this game, each getting a TD. Reich's magic doesn't seem to be working the second time around. Somebody HAS to win, right?

welp.

stinkin tacks strike again. 2-2 on the week, 10-4 on the season. Still much better start than most seasons.

(09-29-2021, 11:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 7-3 coming in

Jags
tacks
bills
colts

2-2

9-5 overall

Dupree and AJBrown seem to be out based on the early moves, TN OL is a mess now. This gives the Jags a great shot. TN is missing their starting S, WR, CB, two OL, Punter.

Good time to play them.

Henry will still destroy us just as he did to the Jets but Tannehill's effectiveness has been destroyed by their OL injuries. Good times.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(10-05-2021, 08:04 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Dupree and AJBrown seem to be out based on the early moves,  TN OL is a mess now.  This gives the Jags a great shot.  TN is missing their starting S, WR, CB, two OL, Punter. 

Good time to play them. 

Henry will still destroy us just as he did to the Jets but Tannehill's effectiveness has been destroyed by their OL injuries.  Good times.

If they're smart they'll just repeatedly throw it to whoever Campbell is covering. Dude couldn't cover his own ears.

(10-05-2021, 08:04 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Dupree and AJBrown seem to be out based on the early moves,  TN OL is a mess now.  This gives the Jags a great shot.  TN is missing their starting S, WR, CB, two OL, Punter. 

Good time to play them. 

Henry will still destroy us just as he did to the Jets but Tannehill's effectiveness has been destroyed by their OL injuries.  Good times.

Seems like AJ will play...