Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Tacks Game

(10-10-2021, 05:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  I hereby advocate for the creation of a new stat:  Referee Assisted TD (RAT).  The need for such a stat was made obvious today, as the tacks first two TDs were complete fictions created by the officials.  First, there is no conceivably honest, legitimate way that was a fumble.  It's questionable whether it was even a completion.  There is certainly no [BLEEP] way he could have been construed to have made a football move sufficient for a fumble to have been ruled on that play.  Even Gene Steratore, the CBS replay guru, said as much.  In light of the Myles Jack wasn't down play in the AFC Championship a few years back, it's even more infuriating.  The Tacks' 2nd TD was made possible by a completely fabricated pass interference call against Claybrooks on a 3rd down stop.  The only person who saw P.I. on the play was the official who threw the flag.  The announcers didn't see it.  I didn't see it.  The fans in the stadium didn't see it.  Even the tack WR didn't push for the flag.  Considering the officials did NOT throw a P.I. flag in the end zone when the tack defender had clear contact with Arnold, I openly question their impartiality.  Spare me the indignation over that line.  I picked the tacks to win and they are the better team.  But that was far from an honestly officiated game.  The tacks are hard enough to beat without blatantly biased officiating.

2.  Here we are five games into the season, and we still don't have a made FG.  Our kicker of the week, Matt Wright, left four points on the field by missing an extra point and a FG that hit the cross bar on a kick >50 yards.  What did Jaguars fans do to deserve this?!?

3.  For the second week in a row, we have suffered a serious injury to the interior of the OL, this time to Brandon Linder.  Many of us were pushing for a heavy offseason/draft emphasis on the offensive line.  I wonder how much more the line can endure before Trevor Lawrence starts feeling the adverse impacts.  Get well soon, Linder.

4.  Typically, I am not a bash the playcalling guy.  But in my 44 years of football fandom, I've not seen an offensive coordinator as absolutely clueless and addled in the red zone/goal line as Darrell Bevell.  As egregious as that fateful play call in the Super bowl was when he got away from Beast mode against New England, you figure it was the Super Bowl and the pivotal moments.  I could see him maybe getting caught up in the moment.  But it seems he learned nothing from that failure.  His goal line ineptitude has plagued us the past two weeks.  It certainly cost us the Bengals game, and precluded the possibility of us rallying to beat the tacks.

5.     I have to give kudos to James Robinson, who had a superb game today.  Too bad his effort was wasted between egregious officiating, pass defense and goal line play calling.

6.  As bad as the pass defense was, and even though the stats showed Derrick henry had over 100 yards, I thought the run defense held up well against Derrick Henry.  There were several times he was stuffed for no gain or minus yardage, and they stopped him from getting huge runs.

7.     Rookie Watch:

A.  Trevor Lawrence-Showed more signs of progress interspersed with accuracy issues.  I thought there were times his pocket presence was shaky, and other times he was precluded from utilizing his pocket presence due to some pocket collapse.

B.  Travis Etienne-DNP. 

C.  Tyson Campbell-DNP

D.  Walker Little-Active but DNP that I saw.

E.  Andre Cisco-DNP that I saw

F.  Jay Tufele-actually had a Jay Tufele sighting this week, but did not see him make any plays.

G.  Jordan Smith-Did not see him active

H.  Luke Farrell, active this week.  Saw him make a catch.

8.     This may have been the best game of K'Lavon Chaisson's career.  He actually had impact.  Hopefully he can improve.

9.    The 58 yard Laviska Shenault catch and run is, at the moment, the offensive play of the year.  He showed determination and not being tackled, good balance, strength, and an excellent stiff arm.

10.  Bottom line:  Considering the salacious, almost Jerrry Springer-esque dysfunction surrounding the coach this week, I thought the team showed some fight.  There weren't a whole lot of stupid penalties or signs of quit.  There were signs, despite the alarmist reports from some media talking heads, that meyer has NOT lost the team.  Despite this, the pass defense continues to be atrocious. We will need to find a way to get better play out of the interior OL and get more play from the receivers.  The defense must step up and make some more plays.  This losing has gotten way past old, and the modest signs of improvement are not nearly enough to overcome the indignities of losing 20 straight and a coach whose activities earn him more mentions in the gossip columns than the sports section.

P.S.  Screw the tacks!

Indeed another rough day Bullseye 

1- The calls weren't the reason we lost but they certainly swung some momentum. The old saying is these calls even themselves out over the course of a season in which case we a due a butt load. No idea how they called the Arnold catch a fumble and the no call PI was just a pure choke job by the zebra. Add a few plays later the Lawrence TD overturned on a not clear and obvious replay and one play later Linder is down and its a turnover on downs. Turned a 5pt game back to a 13pt game and killed any chance we had. Just one of those days where whatever calls the refs made, they went the T*tans way

2- Its another embarrassing stat. Not 1 made FG through 6 games. You need to keep adding to that scoreboard and we aren't good enough to just score TD'S. They need to make a decision with Lambo, however painful it may be but the fact this has rumbled on for 6 weeks is a bad look for the coaching staff

3- Twitter is saying apparently Linders injury isnt as serious as first thought so fingers crossed.

4- Bevell seems to just outsmart himself on the 1yd line. Like everyone expects me to run so ill pass! The reason everyone expects a run is that its one stinking yard. You should get that just falling forwards. We have a 6'6 QB, just get him to reach over like Brees would do. 

5- Robinson was fantastic today, great run to get us that early TD after the fumble TD. Sadly seemed to move away while the game was close and not sure why he wasnt in for the 4th and 1

6- Pass D still looks a real worry and we were getting killed on the drag routes. We did ok against Henry, even with his stat line but the lack of pass rush and blown coverages are a toxic cocktail 

9- That run from Viska was great. His refusal to go down and fight for yards was brilliant but sadly one play. We need more of that effort from all over.

You can see the team trying and fighting but the mental errors cost us big and we beat ourselves with missed kicks and poor execution way too much still. Big game next Sunday against Miami and a big chance to snap this streak but this fanbase is worn down. 20 L's in a row is brutal and we need a W, cant keep focusing on progress.

1.  As I said in response to another post, I don't think the calls even themselves out.  If preconceived notions are allowed to be utilized in officiating games, the officiating will almost always be unfair.  It seems the same teams get reamed by the officials every year.  That no call P.I on Arnold in the aftermath of that invented call on Claybrooks was an outrage.  The refs reached for his flag, for [BLEEP]'s sake!  What changed between reaching for his flag and the end of the play to cause him NOT to throw it?!?

3.  Hopefully twitter is right and he can return to action soon.  I like Shatley, don't get me wrong.  But we're better with Linder.

4.  He just has the propensity to get cute down there.  Just pound it in!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2021, 05:55 PM)Firesky Wrote: Missed part of the first half due to work; glad i didn't see the missed kicks or the terrible calls on the fumble etc.

It just feels obvious seeing the way games are officiated .... The NFL WANTS the Jags to break that consecutive loss record.

Back in 2017 when we played the Browns (who went winless 0-16 that season) .... there was not a penalty called against them the entire day, and seemingly any soft call they could give them against us was given, they negated a few turnovers but there were a few that they really couldn't overturn and luckily we escaped that game with a win. I honestly believe that the officiating of that game was designed to prevent the Browns from going winless, and also destroy the Jags chances at making the playoffs/winning the division because they don't want a small market team in the showcase that is the playoffs. It just stings more knowing that later that season in the AFCCG the Patriots got all those ticky tacky calls to flip the field and hand them points; all while not having a penalty called against them on offense or defense (the first time that has happened in any playoff game during the superbowl era; there was a single hold called against the Pats that day on a kick return) and of course the obligatory #MJWD  ... the whistle that came as he had picked up the ball and got 10 yards downfield was way too late, why not blow that before he even gets up with the ball???? I've yet to hear an explanation from the referee who blew the whistle why we were denied a superbowl appearance. I'm very curious to see who the ref that did that was.

I just want to see Darell Bevell have his playcalling duties revoked once we get across the 20 yard line. the 4th and goal from the 1 in back to back weeks has cost us. And the refusal to use James Robinson there screams incompetence.  There is absolutely no reason Carlos Hyde should be getting snaps, in 2 minute, in goalline, in short yardage, in pass blocking. There is nothing that he brings to the table and i'm sick of seeing him play as if it's a pop warner game where the snaps have to be shared across every kid.
Agreed completely on the 2017 analysis.

While I am not quite as anti Carlos Hyde as you are, I still don't know why Robinson was not in the game.  now given the way the tack DT jumped the gap, given the same call, I don't think Robinson gets in either.  But Robinson was clearly hot today.  Feed him the ball.

(10-10-2021, 06:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/MarcelASJax/status/1...cW6ww&s=19

Man Linder has injury bug luck.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 06:52 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-10-2021, 06:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again my biggest takeaway is why this coaching staff just can't get it... Good things happen when you give Robinson the ball. He was killing them all day 8.3ypc yet they continue to go away from him. Give the man the damn ball.
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1447318102312640514
He had over 100 yards in the 1st half alone.

Shaking my head in dismay...though again, because the D couldn't get any stops, I could see them getting away from the run as the tack lead increased.

(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Officiating against us was god awful today.  Game changing calls.

Yep.

My reply for todays game belongs in the political forum because it is full of conspiracy theories
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 07:10 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 06:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Indeed another rough day Bullseye 

1- The calls weren't the reason we lost but they certainly swung some momentum. The old saying is these calls even themselves out over the course of a season in which case we a due a butt load. No idea how they called the Arnold catch a fumble and the no call PI was just a pure choke job by the zebra. Add a few plays later the Lawrence TD overturned on a not clear and obvious replay and one play later Linder is down and its a turnover on downs. Turned a 5pt game back to a 13pt game and killed any chance we had. Just one of those days where whatever calls the refs made, they went the T*tans way

2- Its another embarrassing stat. Not 1 made FG through 6 games. You need to keep adding to that scoreboard and we aren't good enough to just score TD'S. They need to make a decision with Lambo, however painful it may be but the fact this has rumbled on for 6 weeks is a bad look for the coaching staff

3- Twitter is saying apparently Linders injury isnt as serious as first thought so fingers crossed.

4- Bevell seems to just outsmart himself on the 1yd line. Like everyone expects me to run so ill pass! The reason everyone expects a run is that its one stinking yard. You should get that just falling forwards. We have a 6'6 QB, just get him to reach over like Brees would do. 

5- Robinson was fantastic today, great run to get us that early TD after the fumble TD. Sadly seemed to move away while the game was close and not sure why he wasnt in for the 4th and 1

6- Pass D still looks a real worry and we were getting killed on the drag routes. We did ok against Henry, even with his stat line but the lack of pass rush and blown coverages are a toxic cocktail 

9- That run from Viska was great. His refusal to go down and fight for yards was brilliant but sadly one play. We need more of that effort from all over.

You can see the team trying and fighting but the mental errors cost us big and we beat ourselves with missed kicks and poor execution way too much still. Big game next Sunday against Miami and a big chance to snap this streak but this fanbase is worn down. 20 L's in a row is brutal and we need a W, cant keep focusing on progress.

1.  As I said in response to another post, I don't think the calls even themselves out.  If preconceived notions are allowed to be utilized in officiating games, the officiating will almost always be unfair.  It seems the same teams get reamed by the officials every year.  That no call P.I on Arnold in the aftermath of that invented call on Claybrooks was an outrage.  The refs reached for his flag, for [BLEEP]'s sake!  What changed between reaching for his flag and the end of the play to cause him NOT to throw it?!?

3.  Hopefully twitter is right and he can return to action soon.  I like Shatley, don't get me wrong.  But we're better with Linder.

4.  He just has the propensity to get cute down there.  Just pound it in!

1- i completely agree with you. They rarely even themselves out and it feels as we are the Jags, the refs wont be getting the some criticism as if they did that to a 'bigger' market team. As you said in your other post, just enforce the rules, be consistent. Im watching redzone and seen a number of catches like Arnold's called incomplete. Agree with the Arnold PI, how can a ref reach for his flag then decide not to throw it?! Remember when a ref did that in the Saints-Rams NFC championship game a few years back, everyone went nuts, i doubt youll hear much this week from the media and thats the problem.

3- Yeah we need Linder and Lawrence has spoken very highly of him and how much he has helped him so far. You want to keep those things going.

4- And exactly. Any team should be able to get a yard, just pound the thing in there. No need to get cute or overthink it. You think hed learn after blowing a SB.

(10-10-2021, 07:07 PM)copycat Wrote: My reply for todays game belongs in the political forum because it is full of conspiracy theories
Laughing Sick Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 07:32 PM by Eric1. Edited 5 times in total.)

(10-10-2021, 06:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 06:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again my biggest takeaway is why this coaching staff just can't get it... Good things happen when you give Robinson the ball. He was killing them all day 8.3ypc yet they continue to go away from him. Give the man the damn ball.
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1447318102312640514
He had over 100 yards in the 1st half alone.

Shaking my head in dismay...though again, because the D couldn't get any stops, I could see them getting away from the run as the tack lead increased.

Titans scored on their opening drive of the 2nd half to go up 31-13, with just under 10 minutes to play left in the 3rd quarter. There's still a lot of football to be played and Robinson was gashing them for big gains. 8 yards, 12 yards, 9 yards at a time etc.

The 1st Jags series of the 2nd half, following the Titans just going up 31-13 were as follows. 

1st down - (shotgun) Lawrence pass short right to Agnew 7 yards.
2nd down - (shotgun) Lawrence run up the middle 2 yards.
3rd down - (shotgun) Lawrence sacked -13 yards.

It's 3rd and 1 and you have a RB who's averaging over 8 a pop and you don't give him the ball. We end up punting and luckily the Defense forced a punt and we got the ball back still down 31-13.

That next possession we go on a 10 play TD drive to be down 31-19. Robinson gets 5 touches on that drive and we score, who would have figured. That drive started with 3 straight Robinson runs.

1st down - (shotgun) Robinson run up the middle 10 yards.
1st down - Robinson run right end 8 yards.
2nd down - Robinson run up the middle 9 yards.

He later had a 5 yard run to covert a 1st down and a 1st and goal carry for 1 yard. Lawrence tops this drive off with a 4 yard TD run. Just under 14 minutes left in the 4th.

Our Defense forces a 3 and out on the Titans next possession.

We get the ball back with 13:31 left in the 4th down 31-19. This staff decides it's a good idea to let Hyde play this series out instead of Robinson, for whatever reason. 

The 1st play of that series is the big 58 yard catch and run by Shenault. We have the ball at their 12 yard line with 12 minutes left in the game. There's plenty of time to keep feeding Robinson. Instead they decided to keep Hyde on the field for the 7 plays of that series and we eventually see the failed result. That game was still well in hand at that point. Especially since the Defense again forced them to punt in 5 plays and give us the ball back. Would have been down 1 score with just under 6 minutes to play and a chance to try and have the game winning drive.

The final score doesn't indicate how the game really went and there was no reason to get away from Robinson. Yet this continues to be the same scene every single week.

(10-10-2021, 07:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 06:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Shaking my head in dismay...though again, because the D couldn't get any stops, I could see them getting away from the run as the tack lead increased.

Titans scored on their opening drive of the 2nd half to go up 31-13, with just under 10 minutes to play left in the 3rd quarter. There's still a lot of football to be played and Robinson was gashing them for big gains. 8 yards, 12 yards, 9 yards at a time etc.

The 1st Jags series of the 2nd half, following the Titans just going up 31-13 were as follows. 

1st down - (shotgun) Lawrence pass short right to Agnew 7 yards.
2nd down - (shotgun) Lawrence run up the middle 2 yards.
3rd down - (shotgun) Lawrence sacked -13 yards.

It's 3rd and 1 and you have a RB who's averaging over 8 a pop and you don't give him the ball. We end up punting and luckily the Defense forced a punt and we got the ball back still down 31-13.

That next possession we go on a 10 play TD drive to be down 31-19. Robinson gets 5 touches on that drive and we score, who would have figured. That drive started with 3 straight Robinson runs.

1st down - (shotgun) Robinson run up the middle 10 yards.
1st down - Robinson run right end 8 yards.
2nd down - Robinson run up the middle 9 yards.

He later had a 5 yard run to covert a 1st down and a 1st and goal carry for 1 yard. Lawrence tops this drive off with 4 yard TD run. Just under 14 minutes left in the 4th.

Our Defense forces a 3 and out on the Titans next possession.

We get the ball back with 13:31 left in the 4th down 31-19. This staff decides it's a good idea to let Hyde play this series out instead of Robinson, for whatever reason. 

The 1st play of that series is the big 58 yard catch and run by Shenault. We have the ball at their 12 yard line with 12 minutes left in the game. There's plenty of time to keep feeding Robinson. Instead they decided to keep Hyde on the field for the 7 plays of that series and we eventually see the failed result. That game was still well in hand at that point. Especially since the Defense forced them to punt in 5 plays and give us the ball back. Would have been down 1 score with just under 6 minutes to play and a chance to try and have the game winning drive.

The final score doesn't indicate how the game really went and there was no reason to get away from Robinson. Yet this continues to be the same scene every single week.

I am not disagreeing with you.

But given this team's reactions, this team will panic when trailing and get away from the run.

(10-10-2021, 07:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chukwu77/status/1447...01345?s=20

Big Uche spittin facts.

(10-10-2021, 07:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chukwu77/status/1447...01345?s=20

Big Uche spittin facts.

To go with all that, our oline is built to run the football as well to go along with JRob being our best player

(10-10-2021, 07:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Big Uche spittin facts.

To go with all that, our oline is built to run the football as well to go along with JRob being our best player

I dunno man Hyde was running real hard out there  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(10-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: To go with all that, our oline is built to run the football as well to go along with JRob being our best player

I dunno man Hyde was running real hard out there  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's the ultimate competitor

(10-10-2021, 06:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:55 PM)Firesky Wrote: Missed part of the first half due to work; glad i didn't see the missed kicks or the terrible calls on the fumble etc.

It just feels obvious seeing the way games are officiated .... The NFL WANTS the Jags to break that consecutive loss record.

Back in 2017 when we played the Browns (who went winless 0-16 that season) .... there was not a penalty called against them the entire day, and seemingly any soft call they could give them against us was given, they negated a few turnovers but there were a few that they really couldn't overturn and luckily we escaped that game with a win. I honestly believe that the officiating of that game was designed to prevent the Browns from going winless, and also destroy the Jags chances at making the playoffs/winning the division because they don't want a small market team in the showcase that is the playoffs. It just stings more knowing that later that season in the AFCCG the Patriots got all those ticky tacky calls to flip the field and hand them points; all while not having a penalty called against them on offense or defense (the first time that has happened in any playoff game during the superbowl era; there was a single hold called against the Pats that day on a kick return) and of course the obligatory #MJWD  ... the whistle that came as he had picked up the ball and got 10 yards downfield was way too late, why not blow that before he even gets up with the ball???? I've yet to hear an explanation from the referee who blew the whistle why we were denied a superbowl appearance. I'm very curious to see who the ref that did that was.

I just want to see Darell Bevell have his playcalling duties revoked once we get across the 20 yard line. the 4th and goal from the 1 in back to back weeks has cost us. And the refusal to use James Robinson there screams incompetence.  There is absolutely no reason Carlos Hyde should be getting snaps, in 2 minute, in goalline, in short yardage, in pass blocking. There is nothing that he brings to the table and i'm sick of seeing him play as if it's a pop warner game where the snaps have to be shared across every kid.
Agreed completely on the 2017 analysis.

While I am not quite as anti Carlos Hyde as you are, I still don't know why Robinson was not in the game.  now given the way the tack DT jumped the gap, given the same call, I don't think Robinson gets in either.  But Robinson was clearly hot today.  Feed him the ball.
Ive noticed a trend. everytime we Jrob runs us down to the redzone he goes out and hyde goes in. Hyde is Urbs guy and that is why he is here so urbs is probably putting his guy in. then urbs says he is not a micromanager and does not know who is in the game. That right there should get him fired

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 08:09 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 06:30 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I also believe Robinson should have been in there on that play.  But you could have had Iron Man in there and he would have been tackled for a loss.  The Titans picked the gap and loaded six players on it.  Go to the video and count for yourself.  They moved two into it as TL made the count.  When the ball is snapped, the Titans have six players lined up off the right side, outnumbering the Jax line 2:1.  93  blew untouched right through the target gap and forced Hyde to change direction before he even got the hand off.  Hyde tries to bounce outside and one of the other six, #35, is standing also untouched and ready to swallow him up.

The play should have been changed by TLaw during the count to try the other side of the line, or better, a time out called to reset.  That was the actual mistake.

Thinking about this further, I would love to have the end zone video and close in audio.  The Titans picked that gap and adjusted during the count like someone was telling them where the ball was going.  I wonder if a lineman or someone else (Hyde, TL) has a tell.  They were so certain that they packed six players into the hole.  Even the safeties were up on the line.  No one hung back in case a TE dropped off a block for a dink pass.  A play-action naked boot out to the left would have even been an option as the Jags outnumbered the Titans 5:3 on that side of the line.

Yeah, the Titans had that play sniffed out stone cold.

(10-10-2021, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/1...43937?s=20

Ok, you want a legitimate argument for Hyde?  It keeps the passing threat.  If Robinson is in there then Jax is 100% going to run.  And they are 100% going to run over the right side as that had been the target all afternoon.  Put Hyde in and maybe T thinks that a play action is on and they hold back a little. As it was, they weren't fooled.

A timeout should have been called.  They should have gone back and kicked a field goal after the TO. T had Jax's number in the redzone, particularly in the second half.  They were reading the play before the snap down there too well.

But a FG wasn't going to get them back into the game.  They needed 7.  They had to try.

(10-10-2021, 08:07 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 06:30 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I also believe Robinson should have been in there on that play.  But you could have had Iron Man in there and he would have been tackled for a loss.  The Titans picked the gap and loaded six players on it.  Go to the video and count for yourself.  They moved two into it as TL made the count.  When the ball is snapped, the Titans have six players lined up off the right side, outnumbering the Jax line 2:1.  93  blew untouched right through the target gap and forced Hyde to change direction before he even got the hand off.  Hyde tries to bounce outside and one of the other six, #35, is standing also untouched and ready to swallow him up.

The play should have been changed by TLaw during the count to try the other side of the line, or better, a time out called to reset.  That was the actual mistake.

Thinking about this further, I would love to have the end zone video and close in audio.  The Titans picked that gap and adjusted during the count like someone was telling them where the ball was going.  I wonder if a lineman or someone else (Hyde, TL) has a tell.  They were so certain that they packed six players into the hole.  Even the safeties were up on the line.  No one hung back in case a TE dropped off a block for a dink pass.  A play-action naked boot out to the left would have even been an option as the Jags outnumbered the Titans 5:3 on that side of the line.

Yeah, the Titans had that play sniffed out stone cold.
When you know the rookie can't audible, film study pays off 1000x fold. It is understandable you don't want to overload the rookie but dang call a time out.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.