Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Football team holds 'drag ball' show to let 'boys express effeminate side'

Football team holds 'drag ball' show to let 'boys express effeminate side'

'Often that might be the side they love the most'

Burlington High School in Vermont hosted a “drag ball” during Friday night’s football game halftime. Put on by the school’s Gender-Sexuality Alliance (GSA) club, the show featured students and teachers dressed in drag attire.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/10/football-tea...Km6Fil7JOI
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

wow...look how sad everyone looks.

I’m 39. Born in’82. Feel like a boomer. What the [BLEEP] is drag ball? And what the [BLEEP] is effeminate? I was in the big word class when I was was smart and gave a [BLEEP]. But don’t remember that one. Is that a new age was of saying feminine? So many new words and phrases for a guy that doesn’t have hundreds of diversified coworkers to learn the “cool way” of saying things.

It's lingering Bernie Sanders Effect.  There's still residual contamination throughout the city that will take decades to purge.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

For an event put on by what sounds like a group aiming for gender/sexuality equality, this seems grossly insensitive. Just seems like it would be more mockery of that lifestyle than to embrace or encourage those dealing with insecurities or abuse they endure through school.

I guess if it's what the kids wanted to do as an expression of their identity, more power to them, but I can't help but imagine the end result being a lot of pointing and laughing.

(10-18-2021, 06:01 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m 39.  Born in’82. Feel like a boomer.  What the [BLEEP] is drag ball? And what the [BLEEP] is effeminate?  I was in the big word class when I was was smart and gave a [BLEEP].  But don’t remember that one.  Is that a new age was of saying feminine?  So many new words and phrases for a guy that doesn’t have hundreds of diversified coworkers to learn the “cool way” of saying things.

this typo is just :chef's kiss: Smile 

Remember when Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon did "Hans and Franz" characters on SNL? The opposite of that.

Someday in the future the contemporary generation will look back in time to our current days and decry this stuff as nothing but blackface that exploits and defames women instead of Africans. Drag does nothing but insinuate that there's nothing a woman can do better than a man, not even be a woman.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-19-2021, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 06:01 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m 39.  Born in’82. Feel like a boomer.  What the [BLEEP] is drag ball? And what the [BLEEP] is effeminate?  I was in the big word class when I was was smart and gave a [BLEEP].  But don’t remember that one.  Is that a new age was of saying feminine?  So many new words and phrases for a guy that doesn’t have hundreds of diversified coworkers to learn the “cool way” of saying things.

this typo is just :chef's kiss: Smile 

Remember when Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon did "Hans and Franz" characters on SNL? The opposite of that.

This typo is in fact a typo.  I’m not smart enough, as previously stated, to do it intentionally.

And yes! I do remember and love hans  and frans.

We're winning all the beauty contests now too!

Women will soon be relegated back to the kitchen where they belong.

(Bunny bait Laughing )
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2021, 06:04 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-20-2021, 12:18 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: We're winning all the beauty contests now too!

Women will soon be relegated back to the kitchen where they belong.

(Bunny bait Laughing )

Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty good at this. It’s a nice spin to put on it and opens the door, or shall I say mind to, well, play your position.  I don’t mean that in a sexist way.

(10-18-2021, 04:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Football team holds 'drag ball' show to let 'boys express effeminate side'

'Often that might be the side they love the most'

Burlington High School in Vermont hosted a “drag ball” during Friday night’s football game halftime. Put on by the school’s Gender-Sexuality Alliance (GSA) club, the show featured students and teachers dressed in drag attire.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/10/football-tea...Km6Fil7JOI

This is what is being "taught" these days in public school.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

They could have just had all the boy boys and all the girl boys play Dinker Ball. That would have rallied them all together? Or not…

There is no doubt at this point: liberals have won the culture wars. And there's no going back.

(10-25-2021, 09:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There is no doubt at this point: liberals have won the culture wars.  And there's no going back.

War is a good metaphor because anyone who openly disagrees with their cultural mores are pilloried.