Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden's America: Gas Skyrockets to $7.59 per Gallon in US Town

81 Million voters can't be wrong, can they??????

Biden's America: Gas Skyrockets to $7.59 per Gallon in US Town

Coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, many Americans were left jobless, struggling to pay off their bills.

The last thing those Americans needed was soaring gas prices.

https://www.westernjournal.com/bidens-am...e4uuzcEvxc
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's just one town. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Seems like I recall it being under $2 during the previous Admin. Couldn't have been, tho, cause those tweets were so mean!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-24-2021, 02:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Seems like I recall it being under $2 during the previous Admin. Couldn't have been, tho, cause those tweets were so mean!

Nothing quite like a massive recession and demand shock to drop prices. Every lemon is made into lemonade if it happens during the right four years.

Gas is cheap and would still be cheap if the price doubled overnight. If you're too poor to afford it you can always ride the bus.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 08:24 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-24-2021, 07:20 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 02:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Seems like I recall it being under $2 during the previous Admin. Couldn't have been, tho, cause those tweets were so mean!

Nothing quite like a massive recession and demand shock to drop prices. Every lemon is made into lemonade if it happens during the right four years.

Gas is cheap and would still be cheap if the price doubled overnight. If you're too poor to afford it you can always ride the bus.

The policies of Biden and democratic governors caused this scenario. This is not an opinion.

(10-24-2021, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 07:20 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Nothing quite like a massive recession and demand shock to drop prices. Every lemon is made into lemonade if it happens during the right four years.

The policies of Biden and democratic governors caused this scenario. This is not an opinion.

A very well trained response. I'll not bother to ask for your explanation of what changed between 2020 and 2021 from a policy and law perspective to directly make your assertion correct, as you've continually failed to even acknowledge such plain and direct questions.

Keep plucking that chicken?

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 08:56 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-24-2021, 08:50 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The policies of Biden and democratic governors caused this scenario. This is not an opinion.

A very well trained response. I'll not bother to ask for your explanation of what changed between 2020 and 2021 from a policy and law perspective to directly make your assertion correct, as you've continually failed to even acknowledge such plain and direct questions.

COVID restrictions, killing the pipeline day 1, not letting businesses operate when it was safe to do so, giving free money to people to stay home rather than work, allowing terrorists to destroy businesses during "peaceful protests", cargo ships full of goods stuck in the middle of the pacific.

I'd keep going, but don't want arthritis. This was preventable and most of all fixable under the proper leadership.

(10-24-2021, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 08:50 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: A very well trained response. I'll not bother to ask for your explanation of what changed between 2020 and 2021 from a policy and law perspective to directly make your assertion correct, as you've continually failed to even acknowledge such plain and direct questions.

COVID restrictions, killing the pipeline day 1, not letting businesses operate when it was safe to do so, giving free money to people to stay home rather than work, allowing terrorists to destroy businesses during riots,  cargo ships full of goods stuck in the middle of the pacific.

I'd keep going, but don't want arthritis.

That's a lot of words to basically say, "I have no actual idea, but here's all the generic anti-Biden talking points I know in a row,"

Still at least you actually acknowledged the question this time, even if you clearly have no idea and are starting from the conclusion you want to reach and trying to figure out how to justify it after the fact, so, good job?

(10-24-2021, 08:58 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: COVID restrictions, killing the pipeline day 1, not letting businesses operate when it was safe to do so, giving free money to people to stay home rather than work, allowing terrorists to destroy businesses during riots,  cargo ships full of goods stuck in the middle of the pacific.

I'd keep going, but don't want arthritis.

That's a lot of words to basically say, "I have no actual idea, but here's all the generic anti-Biden talking points I know in a row,"

Still at least you actually acknowledged the question this time, even if you clearly have no idea and are starting from the conclusion you want to reach and trying to figure out how to justify it after the fact, so, good job?

Everything I said was literally fact. CNN just didn't show you these things. 

We are where we are, and the Biden administration is the reason. Lowest approval ratings for a POTUS in nearly 75 years.

You lack common sense,

(10-24-2021, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 08:58 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: That's a lot of words to basically say, "I have no actual idea, but here's all the generic anti-Biden talking points I know in a row,"

Everything I said was literally fact. CNN just didn't show you these things. 

We are where we are, and the Biden administration is the reason. Lowest approval ratings for a POTUS in nearly 75 years.

You lack common sense,

The covid restrictions were under Trump, and Biden hasn't shut down any businesses, that was all under Trump. I said what is Biden doing different, are you saying not having shutdowns and nationwide restrictions is the problem?

I won't go into your other assertions as they're equally misguided. You should come out of your echo chamber every now and then to get a dose of reality.

Here are some countries that pay more for gas than the US:

Argentina*
Mozambique*
Botswana
Puerto Rico*
Namibia*
DR Congo
Mongolia
Georgia*
Vietnam*
El Salvador*
Guatemala*
Guinea
Madagascar*
Bangladesh
Zambia*
Lesotho*
Tanzania*
Gabon
Nepal*
Bhutan
Mexico*
Ivory Coast*
Burkina Faso*
Ghana*
Taiwan*
Cameroon*
Paraguay
Honduras*
Peru*
Saint Lucia*
Brazil*
Rwanda*
Morocco
Costa Rica*
Uganda
Nicaragua*
Thailand*
Cambodia*
Ukraine*
Mauritius*
Kenya*
Mali
Australia*
Fiji*
Cuba
Burundi
Chile*
China*
South Africa*
Philippines*
Moldova*
Dominican Republic*
Jamaica*
Curacao
Aruba*
Grenada*
Canada*
Laos*
Bulgaria*
Senegal
Cayman Islands*
Bahamas*
Bosnia & Herz.*
Japan*
Malawi*
India*
Cape Verde*
Northern Macedonia*
Romania*
South Korea*
Zimbabwe*
Poland*
Jordan*
Seychelles
Andorra*
Lebanon*
Belize*
Cyprus*
Slovenia*
Malta*
Hungary*
Uruguay*
Austria*
Lithuania*
Serbia*
Czech Republic*
Montenegro*
Albania
Croatia*
Wallis and Futuna*
Yemen
Luxembourg*
Latvia*
Spain*
Slovakia*
Estonia*
Switzerland*
Singapore*
New Zealand*
Ireland*
Mayotte*
San Marino
Belgium*
France*
Germany*
United Kingdom*
Liechtenstein
Barbados*
Portugal*
Monaco
Italy*
Greece*
Iceland*
Israel*
Sweden*
Finland*
Denmark*
Central African Rep.
Norway*
Netherlands*
Hong Kong*

Also - has no one here debunked the whole POTUS effect on gas prices bull [BLEEP] ?

Doesn't matter who's in office or who you voted for. These prices are market driven with the majority of moving parts outside of any POTUS control.

Here's a list of people who should care about comparing our nation's gas prices to other nation's gas prices:

(10-24-2021, 01:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Here's a list of people who should care about comparing our nation's gas prices to other nation's gas prices:

Or its relevance.

Anyone who doesn't think the administrations energy policy doesn't have an effect on gas prices is fooling themselves. Biden said he would sacrifice the economy (meaning loss of jobs and higher gas prices) in the name of the environment. Not really much to debate on the issue since there are several YouTube videos where he made those statements. Then Biden several several Executive Orders that restrict oil production by halting leases on federal lands. Again - it's a matter of public record and Biden is at least keeping one of his campaign promises.

For the list of countries where gas prices are higher - of course they are higher because those countries have to import gas and oil. Go to the middle east and gas is dirt cheap. One of the reasons I really miss living in Bahrain. The U.S. has enough oil reserves to where we do NOT have to import any oil from foreign countries and therefore, gas prices should be lower here in the U.S. than most other countries.

If you want to reduce carbon emissions, you have to change consumer behavior. With rising gas prices, more people will start to consider electric vehicles and even public transportation. Part of the infrastructure bill includes huge rebates for electric vehicles - $12,500. There are also huge amounts for rail and other public transportation options. At that level, I would probably get one because it would be fine to drive around town and back and forth to work, and the gas car would be used on the relatively rare occasions that we need to make long trips.

Everything is all about perspective. I'm upper-middle class so I can afford to buy an electric vehicle, just like I was able to afford solar panels for my home thanks to a generous 26% tax rebate. If you're a lower-middle class working family, you probably have a different point of view because you're not going to be able to afford an EV or solar panels even with the tax incentives. Going green isn't cheap or easy.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of using tax dollars to artificially manipulate the free markets, but I'm also not going to pass up getting a $7500 tax rebate on my solar panels or a $12,500 rebate if I get a new car.

That's how they get ya.

Not everyone lives in cities that have public transportation whether it's busses or trains. My town doesn't even have a taxi service. We probably have Uber drivers. Good luck getting the old folks, average retired folks and country folks into an EV.