Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alec Baldwin

(10-26-2021, 03:52 PM)captivating Wrote: and right on cue, a jerk tries to profit from tragedy. Rather than setting up a go fund me page, or offering support, this piece of turd only sees $$

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tru...e-t-shirts

Incredibly distasteful, but payback is a [BLEEP], huh? 

The left sowed the seeds for this incivility. Now it’s being turned on them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-27-2021, 11:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 03:52 PM)captivating Wrote: and right on cue, a jerk tries to profit from tragedy. Rather than setting up a go fund me page, or offering support, this piece of turd only sees $$

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tru...e-t-shirts

Incredibly distasteful, but payback is a [BLEEP], huh? 

While true and well deserved, I'd like to see the Right rise above the gutter mentality of the Left.  Regardless of politics, it's incredibly insensitive to the victims and their families.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2021, 12:58 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-27-2021, 11:53 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 11:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Incredibly distasteful, but payback is a [BLEEP], huh? 

While true and well deserved, I'd like to see the Right rise above the gutter mentality of the Left.  Regardless of politics, it's incredibly insensitive to the victims and their families.

I agree but it's difficult to avoid after years of being savaged by the left with Alec Baldwin being one of the primary antagonists.

It's sounding like charges might be near.  As far as civil charges Baldwin's production company is going to be sued big time though insurance will end up paying that out.  As far as criminal charges I could see Baldwin being charged with involuntary manslaughter.  I could see the assistant director facing the same charge.  The armorer should probably face some kind of charge for neglect.

Sadly, this never should have happened had proper safety protocol been followed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I dont like Baldwin but this is hardly criminal; it's a tragic accident.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-27-2021, 07:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I dont like Baldwin bug this is hardly criminal; it's a tragic acvident.

Indeed.  It would be a challenge to prove a willful or depraved indifference to human life to make an involuntary manslaughter charge stick to Baldwin.

(10-27-2021, 07:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I dont like Baldwin but this is hardly criminal; it's a tragic accident.

(10-27-2021, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's sounding like charges might be near.  As far as civil charges Baldwin's production company is going to be sued big time though insurance will end up paying that out.  As far as criminal charges I could see Baldwin being charged with involuntary manslaughter.  I could see the assistant director facing the same charge.  The armorer should probably face some kind of charge for neglect.

Sadly, this never should have happened had proper safety protocol been followed.
I doubt he was paying insurance rates for live ammo on set. I bet they don't pay.
(10-27-2021, 07:49 PM)captivating Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 07:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I dont like Baldwin bug this is hardly criminal; it's a tragic acvident.

Indeed.  It would be a challenge to prove a willful or depraved indifference to human life to make an involuntary manslaughter charge stick to Baldwin.
If they have proof he point the gun at her and pulled the trigger, you can charge him with something. I don't think anyone does jail time but you could charge him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(10-27-2021, 10:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's sounding like charges might be near.  As far as civil charges Baldwin's production company is going to be sued big time though insurance will end up paying that out.  As far as criminal charges I could see Baldwin being charged with involuntary manslaughter.  I could see the assistant director facing the same charge.  The armorer should probably face some kind of charge for neglect.

I doubt he was paying insurance rates for live ammo on set. I bet they don't pay.
(10-27-2021, 07:49 PM)captivating Wrote: Indeed.  It would be a challenge to prove a willful or depraved indifference to human life to make an involuntary manslaughter charge stick to Baldwin.
If they have proof he point the gun at her and pulled the trigger, you can charge him with something. I don't think anyone does jail time but you could charge him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Of course he can be charged, but it wont stick, so it's a waste of everyone's time if they do charge him.  The only people who benefit are lawyers.

Whether anyone is charged with a serious crime is debatable. The more I read about this the more it becomes apparent the entire process of gun use on movie sets is astoundingly lax.
I predict a regulatory overhaul of how guns are used on a movie set spearheaded by the insurance industry. If for nothing else, the litigious money paid out will be motivation enough.

Maybe. Hollywood has no shortage of money. Traditionally, they just sweep things under the rug.

Sure, there should be several civil actions, but criminal charges are a non-starter IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He's likely in trouble as he's also the Producer and therefore responsible for the Armorer on the set.

It is fishy the victims husbands ties to the Clintons. She was also previously an investigative journalist from the Ukraine. She grew up in the Arctic Navy base @ Murmansk. Where Red October was launched from...and who was in Red October?
[Image: tenor.gif]

I'm just glad Travis Hemmel from Vikings wasn't the one hit. I like that guy.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Guns don’t kill people. Alec Baldwin does.

(10-25-2021, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 04:55 PM)captivating Wrote: Of course he is the victim. You can not ignore the mental trauma associated with this type of accident.  As it has been said, if he has been given a gun and been told it is a cold gun. He has an armorer on set to take responsibility for the guns.

No he is not a victim.  His negligence was part of the reason for this tragedy.  The armorer has some liability, be she is not the sole blame or cause of this tragedy.  I outlined above the failures in the chain-of-custody of the firearm.  All three persons involved are to blame up to and including Alec Baldwin.

I know, you should always check a gun that's handed to you to see if it's loaded but not everyone is necessarily going to know that. He believed it was a movie prop and it had been declared safe. His job/responsibility is to deliver his lines, not validate that the props are safe to use.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-04-2021, 01:57 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: No he is not a victim.  His negligence was part of the reason for this tragedy.  The armorer has some liability, be she is not the sole blame or cause of this tragedy.  I outlined above the failures in the chain-of-custody of the firearm.  All three persons involved are to blame up to and including Alec Baldwin.

I know, you should always check a gun that's handed to you to see if it's loaded but not everyone is necessarily going to know that. He believed it was a movie prop and it had been declared safe. His job/responsibility is to deliver his lines, not validate that the props are safe to use.

His acting job is to deliver lines, his producing job is to ensure union policies and safety are followed. He is responsible for the site and everything that happens there. He may not be criminally responsible, could be for some type of negligence, but he certainly is in civil court.

(11-04-2021, 02:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 01:57 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I know, you should always check a gun that's handed to you to see if it's loaded but not everyone is necessarily going to know that. He believed it was a movie prop and it had been declared safe. His job/responsibility is to deliver his lines, not validate that the props are safe to use.

His acting job is to deliver lines, his producing job is to ensure union policies and safety are followed. He is responsible for the site and everything that happens there. He may not be criminally responsible, could be for some type of negligence, but he certainly is in civil court.

His production company could be accountable, I agree. But he's not responsible for checking the props.

(11-04-2021, 04:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 02:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote: His acting job is to deliver lines, his producing job is to ensure union policies and safety are followed. He is responsible for the site and everything that happens there. He may not be criminally responsible, could be for some type of negligence, but he certainly is in civil court.

His production company could be accountable, I agree. But he's not responsible for checking the props.
Tell me how racism made the bullet real. I'm sure you have a theory.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-04-2021, 07:25 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 04:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: His production company could be accountable, I agree. But he's not responsible for checking the props.

Instead, how about you explain to me what you're gibbering about?

(11-04-2021, 07:25 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 04:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: His production company could be accountable, I agree. But he's not responsible for checking the props.
Does Ronster have 2 accounts?!