Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alec Baldwin

(10-22-2021, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When I heard this last night, I thought Baldwin shot another actor as part of a movie scene.  In that case, I would have to state that the blame falls on the person that loaded the gun in which Balwin assumed they were loaded with blanks consistent with all the other movies in the past.  The fact that he shot the cinematographer places another twist on this since he never should have been aiming at that person and it was NOT part of the movie scene.    I'd have to say this is involuntary manslaughter (an act of gross negligence) so I kind of agree with StrowdCouwd1 on this.  Conversely, had he killed an actor in conjunction with the shooting (blanks) were part of the movie script, I'd have to say he should not be charged.

Maybe you're right... maybe he was just walking around the set, firing blanks off at random people, but I highly, highly doubt it. Those things are noisy and also very dangerous at close range. I find it hard to believe they don't have basic protocols for handling these weapons. It's way more likely the director wanted a different angle.... maybe one of Baldwin looking down the gun towards the camera so they could see the fire come out of the tip of the gun. They told him to fire off multiple rounds. He squeezes off several shots, then realizes someone loaded the weapon incorrectly. Since he was pointing it at the camera, he shot the people closest to it... you know, the cinematographer and the director. 

That said, Hollywood needs to create better safety procedures. Just like they don't punch each other in RL, they need to make sure that any time a weapon is aimed, it is not in the line of sight of any other person, and there is a bullet backstop in case the wrong cartridges are loaded. Camera tricks and angles can take care of the rest.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: Screenshot-20211022-174310-Twitter.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 01:49 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

I feel an SNL skit incoming. Maybe he can take out the entire currently horrible cast and they can retool. Please start with Kate McKinnon.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Guessing this guy would fall into Cleatwoods "bad person" category, seeing he was already a piece of [BLEEP] before he killed somebody.

When my u first heard this story I was thinking “ oh [BLEEP]!” When I heard the director of cinematography and the actual direct we’re shot, it certainly raises questions. Ultimately, it comes off as an accident. But why on set is someone carrying live rounds? Why is it pointed in the direction it was? Why are we not pretending this “real gun” isn’t real? Seems tragic. BIL it seems an investigation needs to commence. Could the prop guy set it up so so that Baldwin would kill? Idk. Just don’t see why you’d have live rounds on set.

Also, I’m sure California will soon ban guns being on camera while filming a movie in Ca.

(10-22-2021, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: When  my u first heard this story I was thinking “ oh [BLEEP]!”  When I heard the director of cinematography and the actual direct we’re shot, it certainly raises questions.  Ultimately, it comes off as an accident.  But why on set is someone carrying live rounds? Why is it pointed in the direction it was? Why are we not pretending this “real gun” isn’t real?  Seems tragic.  BIL it seems an investigation needs to commence.  Could the prop  guy set it up so  so that Baldwin would kill?  Idk.  Just don’t see why you’d have live rounds on set. 

Also, I’m sure California will soon ban guns being on camera while filming a movie in Ca.

There is more news on this around temporary workers being there because of some union issue with working conditions.  This is just beginning.

FWIW

Word I'm getting is that Baldwin was handed a loaded gun by an assistant director and it was the DP (director of photography) that was killed.

Apparently a number of cameramen and others working on the set were organizing a walk out until safety protocols were adhered to more closely prior to the accident

My friend who is a DP in LA and knew the deceased well said that the armorer on the set was not in the union and was not the original armorer on the film. He also said his source told him it was a live round and not just a blank that had been over loaded.

(10-22-2021, 05:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20211022-174310-Twitter.jpg]

I hope he feels like [BLEEP]..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-22-2021, 01:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe you're right... maybe he was just walking around the set, firing blanks off at random people, but I highly, highly doubt it. Those things are noisy and also very dangerous at close range. I find it hard to believe they don't have basic protocols for handling these weapons. It's way more likely the director wanted a different angle.... maybe one of Baldwin looking down the gun towards the camera so they could see the fire come out of the tip of the gun. They told him to fire off multiple rounds. He squeezes off several shots, then realizes someone loaded the weapon incorrectly. Since he was pointing it at the camera, he shot the people closest to it... you know, the cinematographer and the director. 

That said, Hollywood needs to create better safety procedures. Just like they don't punch each other in RL, they need to make sure that any time a weapon is aimed, it is not in the line of sight of any other person, and there is a bullet backstop in case the wrong cartridges are loaded. Camera tricks and angles can take care of the rest.

That is the normal process, pay attention to it when watching films and you won't see them pointed directly at anyone other than an actor. It was during the day so you won't see fire coming out of the barrel, there would be no point to try it with any type of round. They would have to do it in post.

(10-22-2021, 07:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There is more news on this around temporary workers being there because of some union issue with working conditions.  This is just beginning.

Union workers were supposedly not there.

(10-22-2021, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: FWIW

Word I'm getting is that Baldwin was handed a loaded gun by an assistant director and it was the DP (director of photography) that was killed.

Apparently a number of cameramen and others working on the set were organizing a walk out until safety protocols were adhered to more closely prior to the accident

My friend who is a DP in LA and knew the deceased well said that the armorer on the set was not in the union and was not the original armorer on the film. He also said his source told him it was a live round and not just a blank that had been over loaded.

Saw something that the round went through her abdomen and then hit the 2nd person.

The media is lying about it for some reason.

A prop gun doesn't fire, it isn't a real gun. So it was a real gun and capable of firing. So who loaded the gun? If you are loading blanks, I don't see how you don't notice a bullet being on the end of one of them. Also why even use blanks in the day? You are going to fix sound and effects in post, so why have the added risk and costs? Was there confusion from the non-union worker thinking they needed live rounds? Live rounds wouldn't have been on set to begin with though unless someone brought them with them. Then why was he pointing and firing a gun at a crew member?

Someone committed a crime and should be charged but good luck proving who it was.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-22-2021, 05:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20211022-174310-Twitter.jpg]

[Image: oof-ooooof.gif]

So just another coincidence...........another Clinton hit

Her husband is a lawyer for a firm that has represented the Clintons and their foundation, the same law firm is representing Sussmann.

Is someone talking too much?

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 05:21 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sad sad. No one should die at work. Crazy stuff here

(10-23-2021, 12:40 AM)p_rushing Wrote: So just another coincidence...........another Clinton hit

Her husband is a lawyer for a firm that has represented the Clintons and their foundation, the same law firm is representing Sussmann.

Is someone talking too much?

But was he having her baby?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-22-2021, 11:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 01:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe you're right... maybe he was just walking around the set, firing blanks off at random people, but I highly, highly doubt it. Those things are noisy and also very dangerous at close range. I find it hard to believe they don't have basic protocols for handling these weapons. It's way more likely the director wanted a different angle.... maybe one of Baldwin looking down the gun towards the camera so they could see the fire come out of the tip of the gun. They told him to fire off multiple rounds. He squeezes off several shots, then realizes someone loaded the weapon incorrectly. Since he was pointing it at the camera, he shot the people closest to it... you know, the cinematographer and the director. 

That is the normal process, pay attention to it when watching films and you won't see them pointed directly at anyone other than an actor. It was during the day so you won't see fire coming out of the barrel, there would be no point to try it with any type of round. They would have to do it in post.

(10-22-2021, 07:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There is more news on this around temporary workers being there because of some union issue with working conditions.  This is just beginning.

Union workers were supposedly not there.

(10-22-2021, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: FWIW

Saw something that the round went through her abdomen and then hit the 2nd person.

The media is lying about it for some reason.

A prop gun doesn't fire, it isn't a real gun. So it was a real gun and capable of firing. So who loaded the gun? If you are loading blanks, I don't see how you don't notice a bullet being on the end of one of them. Also why even use blanks in the day? You are going to fix sound and effects in post, so why have the added risk and costs? Was there confusion from the non-union worker thinking they needed live rounds? Live rounds wouldn't have been on set to begin with though unless someone brought them with them. Then why was he pointing and firing a gun at a crew member?

Someone committed a crime and should be charged but good luck proving who it was.

Everything is not a conspiracy.

Looks like an inexperienced armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is to blame.

(10-23-2021, 03:08 PM)captivating Wrote: Looks like an inexperienced armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is to blame.

That aligns with what my LA DP friend related to me.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 07:20 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Armorer on Alec Baldwin's 'Rust' set once admitted to being 'nervous' about abilities
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed recalls almost turning down a Hollywood gig as head armorer in a resurfaced podcast

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ar...-abilities

Husband Of Woman Killed By Alec Baldwin Is Attorney For Latham & Watkins

The cinematographer who was shot and killed by actor Alec Baldwin with a prop gun on Thursday was married to a corporate lawyer employed by a law firm involved in defending an attorney who worked with the 2016 campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

https://conservativebrief.com/husband-of...mqy62HU5mA
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Just goes to show, guns are dangerous, even in the hands of experts.

Another preventable accidental shooting death.

(10-23-2021, 07:27 PM)captivating Wrote: Just goes to show, guns are dangerous, even in the hands of experts.

Another preventable accidental shooting death.

Since when is Alec Baldwin an firearms expert? Sit this one out.

I think he's talking about the armorer who didn't feel like she had adequate abilities to do the job.... that expert.