Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elementary school students taken on a field trip to gay bar

(10-29-2021, 09:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 08:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: For perspective,  my 4th grader is going to Kennedy Space Center next week on a field trip. It's no Blue Oyster Bar, but I'm sure it will he fun.

Rockets of a different type.

Now it's easier to understand why Elton John wrote the song.

Yeah yeah i know Taupin wrote the lyrics.....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 12:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-28-2021, 10:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It all depends on what type of gay bar it was. Was it a bar where the patrons just happened to be gay, or a gay bar where people are walking around like a x rated Village People reunion tour.

Village People, LOL. Most gay men in the 70's would tell you (if there are any left alive) that the Village People were a straight up insult to them...it made them look like cartoon buffoons in the eyes of Straight America.

Still some of the most hilarious double entendre lyrics ever tho, I'll give em that. I still chuckle everytime I hear it at a straight wedding reception, cause it pretty much goes over everybody's head these days.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-29-2021, 12:31 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 09:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Rockets of a different type.

Now it's easier to understand why Elton John wrote the song.

“My rocket is skint.”

(10-29-2021, 12:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 12:31 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Now it's easier to understand why Elton John wrote the song.

“My rocket is skint.”

"You dont look broke"

(10-29-2021, 07:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 04:24 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Y'all gotta read more carefully. 

It was a bar & grill i.e. a restaurant. It looked like a gay Applebee's. 

Regardless, do teachers not have to get fields trips ok'd these days? Seems like when my son was in school I knew of every little event.
No idea the rules in this county in Florida, but in my county (Maryland), every field trip has to be approved by your principal and there has to have some kind of attachment to the curriculum for it to be approved.

I took my 5th grade students to a minor league baseball game one time and it only got approved because we were working on throwing and catching.

Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. Some of these trips just seem bizarre and knowing multiple people signed off makes it so much worse lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 01:43 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

(10-29-2021, 01:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 07:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No idea the rules in this county in Florida, but in my county (Maryland), every field trip has to be approved by your principal and there has to have some kind of attachment to the curriculum for it to be approved.

I took my 5th grade students to a minor league baseball game one time and it only got approved because we were working on throwing and catching.

Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. Some of these trips just seem bizarre and knowing multiple people signed off makes it so much worse lol.

The best field trip disclamer I ever had to sign was the one for the old Marineland, where you had to release them of all liability if your child were to jump into the Orca tank when occupied by the Great Beast (tho there was no mention of coming face to face with the blowhole). I kinda figured that was a given, but I guess not in the legal world. Naturally, I accompanied them to that one.

(10-29-2021, 01:39 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 01:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. Some of these trips just seem bizarre and knowing multiple people signed off makes it so much worse lol.

The best field trip disclamer I ever had to sign was the one for the old Marineland, where you had to release them of all liability if your child were to jump into the Orca tank when occupied by the Great Beast (tho there was no mention of coming face to face with the blowhole).  I kinda figured that was a given, but I guess not in the legal world.  Naturally, I accompanied them to that one.

Could always nudge them into the edge of the pool, yank em out, and forever have it on them that you saved them from the Great Beast.  Ninja

Johnny, remember when I DIDNT let that orca eat you? Take out the trash please.