Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kaepernick: The NFL is akin to slavery

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 07:23 PM by Hard_Eight. Edited 2 times in total.)

Social justice is how the Bolsheviks took over Russia.

Slippery slopes here..

If AmeriKKKa is so racist, why are so many POCs flooding here? Does that make sense? Shouldn't all the Black and Brown folks be building rafts to leave North Carolina hoping to hit the Bahamas or something?

Get the [BLEEP] outta here...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-04-2021, 07:22 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Social justice is how the Bolsheviks took over Russia.

Slippery slopes here..

If AmeriKKKa is so racist, why are so many POCs flooding here? Does that make sense? Shouldn't all the Black and Brown folks be building rafts to leave North Carolina hoping to hit the Bahamas or something?

So if I follow your line of reasoning, I'd surmise you're somehow connecting the wish for social justice and racial equality with some kind of communist plot or something? Geez you Trumplicans twist yourself into knots to justify your fear of culture change.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 08:30 PM by mikesez.)

(11-04-2021, 07:22 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Social justice is how the Bolsheviks took over Russia.

Slippery slopes here..

Losing WWI was how the Bolsheviks took over Russia. Lenin was the only candidate in favor of ending the war immediately, and while he didn't win the actual election, he had the support of most of the troops, and in the end that was all that mattered.

(11-04-2021, 05:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's not what social justice is designed to be. It's an amalgamation of progressive thought designed to dismantle systemic institutions. It's the theology. It was literally designed to make believers that can become activists. Kaepernick is a believer, turned activist,  that goes around proselytizing the narrative. His problem is with any establishment that supports the current system, which is why he now attacks the NFL.

Social justice is not the pursuit of something better. It's a tool to destroy. Let me ask you a question.... do you really think Kaepernick thinks playing in the NFL is slavery? No. He was told to use his platform to bring awareness to his religion, but was shutdown by the NFL. Now he will use a different platform to dismantle that one. It's all about power.

Destroy our disrupt anything that enables the old power structure and support anything that tears it down. It's really that simple. This is the only way to make sense of progressive policies.

I suppose it might be the only way to harmonize the thoughts of Colin Kaepernick with those of say Elizabeth Warren. But isn't it a lot simpler to say that those are two different people who have totally different backgrounds and thoughts? That any agreement between the two of them is coincidence?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

No, dude. Don't look at the politicians ever. Look at their donors. There are a bunch of elites who want to tear down the power structures of the US and reform it in their preferred image. In this, you can see how democratic policies almost always align with going against the norms and ushering in the radical. Trans rights tears down the patriarchy, free love tears down the institution of marriage, social justice tears down individualism, critical race theory tears down unity, open borders tears down national identity, destroying small business tear down economic independence, destroying energy independence ruins commerce, abolishing the police destroys law and order... I could go on and on. The proof is right in front of your face but you refuse to see it. I know you have been conditioned to think anything "Soros" is crazy, but look how many problems have been caused by DA's who used his money to run for office. So many of them are flat out refusing to prosecute criminals. Businesses are literally fleeing blue controlled cities.

This isn't by accident. It's by design. It's not one person, but it's a belief system that has been being formed since the late 1800's. Each philosopher adds their own take. Each believer modifies it to fit the next generations needs. This would be obvious to you guys if you'd ever read a book. These progressives have been probing at America for over 100 years and finally found the whole in our armor with race relations.

Of course there's room to improve. America isn't perfect. You will never find me objecting to genuine attempts to make America BETTER. However, progressive ideology believes America can't be better until everything that supports her is torn down to the ground, so that she can be rebuilt in their image. Hence the slogan, build back better. First, they will destroy. Then they will get what they want. Maybe this sounds nutso, but I have laid out, in great detail, the philosophy and movements that got us here.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 09:33 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-04-2021, 08:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No, dude. Don't look at the politicians ever. Look at their donors. There are a bunch of elites who want to tear down the power structures of the US and reform it in their preferred image. In this, you can see how democratic policies almost always align with going against the norms and ushering in the radical. Trans rights tears down the patriarchy, free love tears down the institution of marriage, social justice tears down individualism, critical race theory tears down unity, open borders tears down national identity, destroying small business tear down economic independence, destroying energy independence ruins commerce, abolishing the police destroys law and order... I could go on and on. The proof is right in front of your face but you refuse to see it. I know you have been conditioned to think anything "Soros" is crazy, but look how many problems have been caused by DA's who used his money to run for office. So many of them are flat out refusing to prosecute criminals. Businesses are literally fleeing blue controlled cities.

This isn't by accident. It's by design. It's not one person, but it's a belief system that has been being formed since the late 1800's. Each philosopher adds their own take. Each believer modifies it to fit the next generations needs. This would be obvious to you guys if you'd ever read a book. These progressives have been probing at America for over 100 years and finally found the whole in our armor with race relations.

Of course there's room to improve. America isn't perfect. You will never find me objecting to genuine attempts to make America BETTER. However, progressive ideology believes America can't be better until everything that supports her is torn down to the ground, so that she can be rebuilt in their image. Hence the slogan, build back better. First, they will destroy. Then they will get what they want. Maybe this sounds nutso, but I have laid out, in great detail, the philosophy and movements that got us here.

There's more than one progressive cause and many donors. There are all sorts of different think tanks and non-profit organizations pushing the progressive agenda, and they each have their own take. Each donor gives each of those organizations for his own personal reasons.  They don't line up together because they have some overarching grand plan, they line up together for the same reason the conservative organizations line up together: electoral politics demands it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Thanks, Capt Obvious. Nothing is a monolith. Of course there are moving parts. The point is that the donors get to largely dictate the message, which is looking more an more with anti-individualism, anti-nationalism, pro-corporate, pro-government authority.

(11-04-2021, 08:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No, dude. Don't look at the politicians ever. Look at their donors. There are a bunch of elites who want to tear down the power structures of the US and reform it in their preferred image. In this, you can see how democratic policies almost always align with going against the norms and ushering in the radical. Trans rights tears down the patriarchy, free love tears down the institution of marriage, social justice tears down individualism, critical race theory tears down unity, open borders tears down national identity, destroying small business tear down economic independence, destroying energy independence ruins commerce, abolishing the police destroys law and order... I could go on and on. The proof is right in front of your face but you refuse to see it. I know you have been conditioned to think anything "Soros" is crazy, but look how many problems have been caused by DA's who used his money to run for office. So many of them are flat out refusing to prosecute criminals. Businesses are literally fleeing blue controlled cities.

This all makes sense but the world they want seems to have no distinct order. While they all rail against the system, I wonder if any of them have a concrete idea of just exactly what a society rebuilt in their image would resemble. At some point they will need to enforce the same rules they seek to disrupt now in order to have a functioning society. I honestly don't believe they know exactly what they want. They promote activism and "revolution" without any clear direction. Not to mention most of them engage in mindless turmoil because...just because.

Well, it's like Kaep. They know the facts they espouse are not true, but they are leveraging them to gain power. Every revolution has ended with the powers that be immediately turning around and imprisoning the activists that helped them get there, because it's the only way to regain stability. Step one is destruction, step 2 is rebuilding. It's in the philosophy.

So, I guess what I am saying is the elites aren't attacking the institutions that protect THEM. They need those. They will have law and order. They will have access to energy. They will have borders. They will have strong family structures. They will maintain their leverage, which they believe they can use to rebuild into a world more equitable. Keep in mind, this is equity for us, not them. Not once will you see these dudes offering up their money or power. Nope. This is why the "rioters" who peacefully assembled in the Capitol building are still locked up in terrible conditions, but the "rioters" who burned down police buildings in Minnesota are walking free. One of those groups destabilized power structures that benefit a majority of us and the other group threated a power structure that protects them. I think it's that simple.

When truth meets humor.

[Image: Screenshot-20211106-122028-Twitter.jpg]