Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kaepernick: The NFL is akin to slavery

(11-02-2021, 10:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not quite the same anger at Gruden round here.

Gruden is talented.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kaep is trash. If he could help someone win, they would sign him.

Signed
Ray Rice
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-02-2021, 10:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not quite the same anger at Gruden round here.

I guess you missed that discussion.

(11-03-2021, 11:04 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I guess you missed that discussion.

Most likely not. He’s like Dennis the Menace; if he thinks he sees a button, he has to push it.

The NFL is to slavery as Colin Kaepernick is to intelligence.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 01:17 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2021, 01:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The NFL is to slavery as Colin Kaepernick is to intelligence.

I accidently saw the trailer for his stupid [BLEEP] Netflix special...

How dare this piece of garbage lie? That mother [BLEEP] has never experienced racism in his life with his light [BLEEP] skin and white [BLEEP] parents.

I feel bad for real black people with real problems - not this rich, silver spoon mother [BLEEP]. [BLEEP] him.

Let's make more documentaries about the law-abiding good black people from the 60s that got dogs sicc'd at them and fire hoses launched at them and then lynched from trees. THAT's racism. [BLEEP] that fake [BLEEP].

(11-03-2021, 01:16 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 01:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The NFL is to slavery as Colin Kaepernick is to intelligence.

I accidently saw the trailer for his stupid [BLEEP] Netflix special...

How dare this piece of garbage lie? That mother [BLEEP] has never experienced racism in his life with his light [BLEEP] skin and white [BLEEP] parents.

I feel bad for real black people with real problems - not this rich, silver spoon mother [BLEEP]. [BLEEP] him.

Let's make more documentaries about the law-abiding good black people from the 60s that got dogs sicc'd at them and fire hoses launched at them and then lynched from trees. THAT's racism. [BLEEP] that fake [BLEEP].

no,no,no. Racism today is disagreeing with a POC, no matter how crazy thier ideas are. Mutual Discourse and dialog will not be tolerated!

♪ who let the dogs out? woof woof woof ♪
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Do you all really think that the slaves of the past did not negotiate their contracts with their perspective owners? I could have sworn when I watched the Series ROOTs, that Chicken George negotiated a 4 year contract valued at $120,000 with Sam Harvey Plantation back in the 1850s.

Sounds pretty idiotic doesn't it? Perhaps Kap needs some analogy like that to fully understand how badly he undermines the slaves of the past.

(11-03-2021, 03:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Do you all really think that the slaves of the past did not negotiate their contracts with their perspective owners?  I could have sworn when I watched the Series ROOTs, that Chicken George negotiated a 4 year contract valued at $120,000 with Sam Harvey Plantation back in the 1850s.

Sounds pretty idiotic doesn't it?  Perhaps Kap needs some analogy like that to fully understand how badly he undermines the slaves of the past.

Or even the normal people of the present.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's because he doesn't care about the analogy. Kaep is just applying what he was taught about America to the NFL. The analogies don't matter nearly as much as dismantling the systems of power. Now, take this knowledge, and then realize that is what lead to his kneeling for the anthem. He doesn't care about the truth of his sentiment... only that he is actively trying to undermine the system he feels is oppressive. Anything one of these activists feels is oppressive, they will apply the same woke language in an attempt to destroy it.

This is his career. Supply and demand. If enough people are willing to pay to hear him say stuff like this, can you blame him? At some level I'm sure he realizes how dumb this is.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 07:21 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Nah. I think Kaep is a believer. I'd have to watch his special to know for sure, but he comes across as a "religious" activist.

(11-03-2021, 07:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Nah. I think Kaep is a believer. I'd have to watch his special to know for sure, but he comes across as a "religious" activist.

Zealot.

(11-03-2021, 07:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Nah. I think Kaep is a believer. I'd have to watch his special to know for sure, but he comes across as a "religious" activist.

Except his "religion" is himself.

His "religion" is social justice. It was created to manipulate the gullible.

Check post #2

CTE is real
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-03-2021, 08:30 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: CTE is real

Nah, he's just an angry narcissist.

(11-03-2021, 07:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: His "religion" is social justice. It was created to manipulate the gullible.

So I take that mean you believe society is completely just and there is no racism or discrimination. We're all just one big happy family.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

That's not what social justice is designed to be. It's an amalgamation of progressive thought designed to dismantle systemic institutions. It's the theology. It was literally designed to make believers that can become activists. Kaepernick is a believer, turned activist, that goes around proselytizing the narrative. His problem is with any establishment that supports the current system, which is why he now attacks the NFL.

Social justice is not the pursuit of something better. It's a tool to destroy. Let me ask you a question.... do you really think Kaepernick thinks playing in the NFL is slavery? No. He was told to use his platform to bring awareness to his religion, but was shutdown by the NFL. Now he will use a different platform to dismantle that one. It's all about power.

Destroy our disrupt anything that enables the old power structure and support anything that tears it down. It's really that simple. This is the only way to make sense of progressive policies.