Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden Admin Issues First US Passport in History with ‘X’ Gender Marker

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 08:11 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 04:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 04:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just because a country adopts it doesn't mean it's people will..

If an adult wants to identify as a lampshade, what business is it of ours? Where I draw the line is when special language and accommodations are demanded in order to avoid offending said lampshades.

If my close friend or family member wanted to identify as a lampshade, I’d do whatever I could to provide the professional help they need.   Understand and somewhat agree with what you’re saying.  But imo, I think I’d still feel the same way.

Also, makes me wonder if someone “identifies as” or is just that confused and is just gay.  Like flat out plain Jane gay.  Do we need to attach a label or a PC way of referencing people who are attracted to the same sex other than what we already did? How many sub-categories are we going to have? When are we going to have a trans straight guy?  The lady that was born a lady and is now a man and that new man is gay and like wieners.  Like you had all the wiener you ever wanted being born with a vagina!!!!   You’re just making it harder on yourself!

I guess another way to put it, if we want to go the science/mathematical route for the Dems, 

He=She creamed^2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2021, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: 15+ other countries recognize a non-binary option.

Out of curiosity and not wanting to google it, can you link or provide the other countries that accept it?  I’m wondering what kind of company we keep amongst the other “super powers”.

I'm sure there's a few caveats but the countries are: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, Nepal and the US. There may be others.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-01-2021, 07:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote: Out of curiosity and not wanting to google it, can you link or provide the other countries that accept it?  I’m wondering what kind of company we keep amongst the other “super powers”.

I'm sure there's a few caveats but the countries are: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, Nepal and the US. There may be others.

Thanks for providing that.

(11-01-2021, 07:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote: Out of curiosity and not wanting to google it, can you link or provide the other countries that accept it?  I’m wondering what kind of company we keep amongst the other “super powers”.

I feel like Pakistan is doing it just so they can arrest them secretly. lol

(11-02-2021, 09:24 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm sure there's a few caveats but the countries are: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, Nepal and the US. There may be others.

Right, come visit so we can chuck you off a roof!

[Image: HrAg6yEd.jpeg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 02:05 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-01-2021, 12:19 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now the question is if all countries will accept it.

I was thinking the same thing.  I think it should be rejected on the simple basis that it makes identification more difficult.

Why would this make identification more difficult?  The numerous countries that I've been to have pupil identification machines or they simply look at your pic as it compares to your in-person facial identity.   I don't think they even look at male vs female designations since a lot of transgender people are already going through security.  Even if they did, I think it would be trickier if one has male but is dressed as a female but in any case, they simply compare your face on the pic vs your face in person.

The US is trend setters so I actually see many countries doing away with the gender designation line item all together.

(11-01-2021, 12:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now the question is if all countries will accept it.

I guess we have now come to the point of needing other countries to inject sanity back into our society.

It doesn't work that way.  Other countries typically follow what we do.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 02:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 03:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: 15+ other countries recognize a non-binary option.

Out of 195? Cool numbers.

Less than 10 countries allow for the right to bear arms.  Should we abolish that too since 95% of the countries don't do what the US is doing?

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 02:27 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(11-02-2021, 02:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Out of 195? Cool numbers.

Less than 10 countries allow for the right to bear arms.  Should we abolish that too since 95% of the countries don't do what the US is doing?

Ever heard of false equivalency? Well you've struck gold, bruh!

The second amendment doesn't go outside these borders.... passports are required to do so.

(11-01-2021, 07:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm sure there's a few caveats but the countries are: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, Nepal and the US. There may be others.

Yeah that one struck me as unexpected but maybe they did it just because India did it. If Russia starts allowing it, you know something's up.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The Infidels will not throw themselves off the buildings, now will they?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato