Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Virginia gubernatorial election

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 09:30 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Virginia Elected a black woman as it's Lt. Governer and the Democrats still cry white supremacy hahaha

Rumor is that she's also a former Marine..

https://twitter.com/debostic/status/1455...kzDLQ&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And McAuliffe just conceded
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-03-2021, 09:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Virginia Elected a black woman as it's Lt. Governer and the Democrats still cry white supremacy hahaha

Rumor is that she's also a former Marine..

https://twitter.com/debostic/status/1455...kzDLQ&s=19

Those clever white supremacist Republicans.

Balance is good. Dems let the far left side of the party have way too much influence.

(11-03-2021, 10:44 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Balance is good.  Dems let the far left side of the party have way too much influence.
Agreed. And I think your thoughts are for the vast majority as well.

(11-03-2021, 10:44 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Balance is good.  Dems let the far left side of the party have way too much influence.

I don't think the dems will learn a lesson from this. In fact, I think they will double down. Pelosi should be retiring soon. I'm sure even she is smart enough to not want to be a part of that 2022 bloodbath.

(11-03-2021, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Agreed. And I think your thoughts are for the vast majority as well.

Too bad it’s the voters who have to correct the course when all the “mainstream” democrats had to do was speak out against the looney left wing. Instead, they remain silent while idiots like AOC and Cory Bush run roughshod over them and establish a fringe narrative. Likely because a large percentage of democrats agree with them to a large extent but don’t have the political balls to voice it.

Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema are the only people in the DNC who have a modicum of fortitude.

(11-03-2021, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Agreed. And I think your thoughts are for the vast majority as well.

Too bad it’s the voters who have to correct the course when all the “mainstream” democrats had to do was speak out against the looney left wing. Instead, they remain silent while idiots like AOC and Cory Bush run roughshod over them and establish a fringe narrative. Likely because a large percentage of democrats agree with them to a large extent but don’t have the political balls to voice it.

Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema are the only people in the DNC who have a modicum of fortitude.
To be fair, it’s same on the right except people are afraid to speak out against Trump.

Just a total mess all around. Mainly why I steer clear (except for drivebys!) of politics.

(11-03-2021, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Too bad it’s the voters who have to correct the course when all the “mainstream” democrats had to do was speak out against the looney left wing. Instead, they remain silent while idiots like AOC and Cory Bush run roughshod over them and establish a fringe narrative. Likely because a large percentage of democrats agree with them to a large extent but don’t have the political balls to voice it.

To be fair, it’s same on the right except people are afraid to speak out against Trump.

Just a total mess all around. Mainly why I steer clear (except for drivebys!) of politics.

I always find it entertaining when people defend the lunacy of the left by pretending the right does it too. I challenge you to find 1 right wing policy that is even remotely as unreasonable as one from the far left.

(11-03-2021, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Too bad it’s the voters who have to correct the course when all the “mainstream” democrats had to do was speak out against the looney left wing. Instead, they remain silent while idiots like AOC and Cory Bush run roughshod over them and establish a fringe narrative. Likely because a large percentage of democrats agree with them to a large extent but don’t have the political balls to voice it.

Trump is gone, man. It's pathetic the dems keep talking about him and using him in campaigns. It doesn't work anymore.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 11:46 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2021, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: To be fair, it’s same on the right except people are afraid to speak out against Trump.

Trump is gone, man. It's pathetic the dems keep talking about him and using him in campaigns. It doesn't work anymore.

When he's still holding rallies and still endorsing candidates and still resisting congressional subpoenas, Trump is neither gone nor forgotten.  
Trump was certainly an albatross weighing Youngkin down in this election.
Yougnkin should have won by more, against a Democrat who openly said that parents shouldn't have a say over public school curriculum.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-03-2021, 11:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: To be fair, it’s same on the right except people are afraid to speak out against Trump.

I always find it entertaining when people defend the lunacy of the left by pretending the right does it too. I challenge you to find 1 right wing policy that is even remotely as unreasonable as one from the far left.

Exactly. Find one policy/view that is just completely and outrageously stupid as abolishing the police and allowing criminals to actually occupy a segment of a city and treating them with legitimacy. Or stating outright that parents shouldn’t be involved with their children’s school curriculum.

Far left views make their way into government FAR more than far right views

The Republicans who did not vote to impeach Trump have basically said it's OK for a President to call up mob violence in an attempt to change the results of an election in his favor. That's completely unreasonable.

(11-03-2021, 11:46 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Trump is gone, man. It's pathetic the dems keep talking about him and using him in campaigns. It doesn't work anymore.

When he's still holding rallies and still endorsing candidates and still resisting congressional subpoenas, Trump is neither gone nor forgotten.  
Trump was certainly an albatross weighing Youngkin down in this election.
Yougnkin should have won by more, against a Democrat who openly said that parents shouldn't have a say over public school curriculum.

Show me on the doll where he hurt you.

Who’s defending them? Lol the far left is crazy…. Just like the far right. Neither is good for this country.

(11-03-2021, 11:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I always find it entertaining when people defend the lunacy of the left by pretending the right does it too. I challenge you to find 1 right wing policy that is even remotely as unreasonable as one from the far left.
Who’s defending them? Lol the far left is crazy…. Just like the far right. Neither is good for this country.

Oh, now you say it.  Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 12:11 PM by copycat. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-02-2021, 01:10 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: The fix is already in...
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/11...olate-law/

I am dumbfounded that judges can ignore the law when making a ruling.  Seems to me the law is the law.  If you don’t like the law then change the law but you cannot simply ignore it.  There needs to be some form of checks and balances when this occurs with consequences.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

OK here's my opinion:

There is a growing backlash against the far left wing of the Democratic Party, which seems to be the tail wagging the dog these days.

(11-03-2021, 12:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: OK here's my opinion:

There is a growing backlash against the far left wing of the Democratic Party, which seems to be the tail wagging the dog these days.

That’s obvious. 

You need to ask the real question: Why was the dog allowing itself to be wagged?

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 12:43 PM by mikesez.)

And the most salient issues of the backlash, at least for this election, were policing and history curriculum. Those two issues are typically handled at the local level.

So, should national level Democrats take warning on all of the far left talking points, or just those two issues?

(11-03-2021, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That’s obvious. 

You need to ask the real question: Why was the dog allowing itself to be wagged?

Perhaps because the moderate left has much less control of traditional media and social media than we think.
What if neither is really controlled by any political party, and both just chase the most ridiculous stories for the sake of ratings/virality? Because the far left is obviously more ridiculous than the moderate left.