Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Virginia gubernatorial election

(11-03-2021, 09:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: And McAuliffe just conceded

I'm shocked he doesn't want an audit .... he is probably afraid they will find all the votes that were dumped from mail-in

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2021, 12:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 12:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: OK here's my opinion:

There is a growing backlash against the far left wing of the Democratic Party, which seems to be the tail wagging the dog these days.

And the most salient issues of the backlash, at least for this election, were policing and history curriculum. Those two issues are typically handled at the local level.

So, should national level Democrats take warning on all of the far left talking points, or just those two issues?

(11-03-2021, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That’s obvious. 

You need to ask the real question: Why was the dog allowing itself to be wagged?

Perhaps because the moderate left has much less control of traditional media and social media than we think.
What if neither is really controlled by any political party, and both just chase the most ridiculous stories for the sake of ratings/virality? Because the far left is obviously more ridiculous than the moderate left.

No, that’s not why.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 03:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2021, 01:04 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 09:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: And McAuliffe just conceded

I'm shocked he doesn't want an audit .... he is probably afraid they will find all the votes that were dumped from mail-in

He needs to hold a press conference at the local Four Seasons Landscaping Company parking lot right next to the Adult Store / Strip Club to validate any form of protest that may be forthcoming.  Guiliani and lil Trump set a high standard for contesting political elections.

(11-03-2021, 01:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 12:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: And the most salient issues of the backlash, at least for this election, were policing and history curriculum. Those two issues are typically handled at the local level.

So, should national level Democrats take warning on all of the far left talking points, or just those two issues?

Perhaps because the moderate left has much less control of traditional media and social media than we think.
What if neither is really controlled by any political party, and both just chase the most ridiculous stories for the sake of ratings/virality? Because the far left is obviously more ridiculous than the moderate left.

No, that’s not why.

How do you know? What do you think the reason is?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 06:35 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2021, 03:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 01:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No, that’s not why.

How do you know? What do you think the reason is?

Large government and central control are leftist tenets. Looney left wing efforts to empower government while denouncing opponents using empty race and gender accusations plays directly into so called moderate's hands. While some democrats may not agree with the left wingers wholly on policy, their methods for gaining political advantage benefits them. Not to mention they most likely agree more than we think with what the left wing wants to achieve. So rather than openly disagree with the left wingers, they allow the tail to wag them in order to push the narrative further left. Add that to a complicit MSM and they have the perfect messaging platform for incrementally pushing the plot further left.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 06:54 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

You can’t make this up.  How much do they make a fool of themselves before they decide to get their heads on straight?

You guys keep mistaking why that message resonates with the progressive base: White supremacy does not mean the same thing to us and them. White supremacy, to them, means that there is a system that was created by whites that maintains white power and values. Even though that lady is black, she supports the system that enables whites, so they can make that statement with a straight face. Their base knows what she's declaring. The moderates need to get on board and realize nothing short of systemic overhaul will suffice.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 07:10 PM by Jags.)

I’ve got an idea!  Don’t be a [BLEEP] idiot!  Vote for what benefits us all.  If you are too ignorant to understand why someone got elected without pulling the race card, I’m guessing our society doesn’t need or care about you.  In such case, [BLEEP] off! Man ho, deal with it, get a job, whatever

To the progressives she is the female version of an Uncle Tom.

(11-03-2021, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: How do you know? What do you think the reason is?

Large government and central control are leftist tenets. Looney left wing efforts to empower government while denouncing opponents using empty race and gender accusations plays directly into so called moderate's hands. While some democrats may not agree with the left wingers wholly on policy, their methods for gaining political advantage benefits them. Not to mention they most likely agree more than we think with what the left wing wants to achieve. So rather than openly disagree with the left wingers, they allow the tail to wag them in order to push the narrative further left. Add that to a complicit MSM and they have the perfect messaging platform for incrementally pushing the plot further left.

That's at least plausible, but exit polling in 2020 said very clearly that defund the police and CRT in schools were both losing issues.  A rational moderate Democrat who cared about winning would have avoided those issues.
The moderate Democrats are either (a) not rational, (b) don't care about winning, or © not in control of their own messaging.  I'm thinking © is a strong possibility, especially for legislative races. In McAuliffe's case it was (a).

D) They parroting the message of their donors because that's the only way they have a chance of winning. It's their donors that won't tolerate anything off message.

(11-03-2021, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: How do you know? What do you think the reason is?

I think the problem is they see themselves smarter than the rest of us and think the average person is just too stupid to know what’s good for them. They have to save us from ourselves.

I also think the moderate left are afraid to say anything against the whack jobs in the party for fear of having that craziness turned on them. You know some of them are thinking “I can’t say anything cuz they’ll come after me next”.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

White Supremacy is a euphemism for Western Civilization.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

One thing is for sure, this woke stuff is starting to wear on Americans. For whatever reason moderate dems continue to ignore it, it's spelling out for a sure loss in a year.

Stop the steal!

(11-03-2021, 10:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One thing is for sure, this woke stuff is starting to wear on Americans. For whatever reason moderate dems continue to ignore it, it's spelling out for a sure loss in a year.

I'm not sure if you've watched any of Andrew Yang's interviews recently for why he left the Democratic party, but part of his messaging was the woke identify politics that consumes them is pointless and tiresome and solves no issues that people really care about.

(11-04-2021, 09:08 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 10:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One thing is for sure, this woke stuff is starting to wear on Americans. For whatever reason moderate dems continue to ignore it, it's spelling out for a sure loss in a year.

I'm not sure if you've watched any of Andrew Yang's interviews recently for why he left the Democratic party, but part of his messaging was the woke identify politics that consumes them is pointless and tiresome and solves no issues that people really care about.

I’m not sure how far off the plantation he’s wandered as a proponent of universal basic income.

(11-04-2021, 09:08 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:

Yang was just as bad as the rest of these folks. This is just his way of staying relevant.

(11-03-2021, 09:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Large government and central control are leftist tenets. Looney left wing efforts to empower government while denouncing opponents using empty race and gender accusations plays directly into so called moderate's hands. While some democrats may not agree with the left wingers wholly on policy, their methods for gaining political advantage benefits them. Not to mention they most likely agree more than we think with what the left wing wants to achieve. So rather than openly disagree with the left wingers, they allow the tail to wag them in order to push the narrative further left. Add that to a complicit MSM and they have the perfect messaging platform for incrementally pushing the plot further left.

I think the problem is they see themselves smarter than the rest of us and think the average person is just too stupid to know what’s good for them. They have to save us from ourselves.

I also think the moderate left are afraid to say anything against the whack jobs in the party for fear of having that craziness turned on them. You know some of them are thinking “I can’t say anything cuz they’ll come after me next”.

I think you're right. Both thoughts are irrational.  An elected official needs to maintain a majority of supporters that agree with their opinion, they can't be elitist.  And an elected official should be brave enough to stand up to other elected officials if need be.  They have too high an opinion of their intellect and too little guts.