Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts on First Everbank Experience, First Game, and More Thoughts

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 12:08 PM by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.)

Marvelous, Beauteous, Sensational and Pulchritudinous were the first four words that came to mind as I turned the corner and saw Everbank up close for the first time. As tens of thousands of Jaguars fans walked towards the entrance, my heart pounded as fast as a Jaguar chasing it's prey and I could not wait to get into the stadium. Once I entered the stadium, I was dazzled by it's inward beauty, creativity, and originality. The swimming pools strategically placed in the end zone would allow an olympic swimmer to both train and watch the game at the same time. The main scoreboard can only be described as magnificent and prodigious and from virtually every spot in the stadium is a transcending view of the action on the field. The pregame experience is incredible - the multitudes of Jags fans synonymously chanting "Go Jags Go" prior to kick off was deafening, and one of the most underrated traditions in all of sports has to be when the PA announcer says "Duuuval" and the fans chant in harmony "Duuuuvvvvvaaaaaalllll". This little known tradition literally brought tears to my eyes. It was with jovial sorrow that the game ended and I left the stadium...a great experience offset by a loss that never should have been.

The game in itself was extremely disappointing. The Packers appear to be an average football team at best, Rodgers is most definitely past his prime and reminds me of Joe Montana's last year playing with the Chiefs. The Jags were plain and simple the better team. I'll bring up the elephant in the room which I know everyone is thinking...while we couldn't get a stupid single yard on the most critical play in our last eight years or so, Jack Del Rio is dialing up two point conversions for W's down in the Big Easy. You can't make this stuff up. We battled back from some very poorly scripted plays at the start of the game which led to an interception and subsequent touchdown for the Pack, and then all of that hard work was for naught. I have no idea why Gus Bradley did not go into the Wildcat formation and catch the Packers off guard. I am not blaming coach Bradley entirely for the loss - in all fairness to him it was probably 50% on him and 50% on the officials who refused to call the numerous holds against our receivers who were wide open on the liquid, agile and fluid routes that Bradley had designed. I'm not sure if the officials were trying to screw the Jags like Goodall always does, or if this were just a clear case of the officials being caught up in the intimidating and aesthetic surroundings of Everbank. We may never know the answer. At the end of the day, I thought Bradley coached a good game from the second series to the second to the last series and working on the first and last series of each game will be a growth area as we move forward and will be the difference of a first round bye in the playoffs or the Jags saying "by" to each other in early January. 

So this leaves us in a disappointing three way tie for second place in the division and in a two way tie for second place in the quest for the coveted Ponce De Leon Cup. The Ponce De Leon cup is named after the Spanish Conquistador who discovered the great state of Florida 503 years ago and is awarded to the NFL team in Florida with the best regular season record. The tie breaker for the PDL cup will be most extra points missed by a kicker prior to the start of the first regular season game of the season in warm ups, which undoubtedly at this point will favor the Jags, as Myers missed at least 7 prior to kick off. 

So now the Jags must overcome yet another of Goodell's passive aggress ploys and fly west for a 3:25 start on Sunday. We are the ONLY team that must fly east to west there and then west to east back and experience 8 time zones in a matter of days. This is what I call "gut check" time. Nice Goodell....make us play in the hottest stadium in the NFL in our home opener, and then have us travel all of the way across the country to to play in a completely different climate at a time our teams bodies just are not used to. When it looks like a rat, smells like a rat.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have been in desperate need for a good, solid Omaha post.

Bravo!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Still the tops parody account on the internet. Keep up the good work. 

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 12:27 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:Still the tops parody account on the internet. Keep up the good work.

The dude behind MissJagFantatics keyboard is fuming right now.

This post makes me want to make the pilgrimage even more.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm noticing a strong correlation related to the timing of your posts:

* Welfare check arrives

* Liquor Store Opens 

* - 3 hour delay

* Internet connection reactivated

* New Post to Jags Message Board