Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Controversial Ref Assigned to Jags/clots Game

https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/14...36513?s=20

This is outrageous. The NFL, and I know I shouldn't be surprised, but the NFL is screwing this up royally.

They should be fining or suspending this official, not the player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's like one side is acknowledging reality and the other is insisting it's the other way just as a power play. It kind of reminds me of modern politics.

(11-12-2021, 01:52 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: Is that so very difficult?

Apparently.

It's simple and I don't know why so many can't get it.
Celebrations are allowed. Taunting is not.

Taunting is stupid and immature. 
Spin kicks, lightning dance, hair twirl, hell even the whole damn defense running to the camera to celebrate an int.
All good. Even if a little extra and silly.

Suck it signs, throat slashes, barking at opponents sideline, it's taunting and unnecessary.

One is emotion and okay. The other one makes you look like a punk, child, or idiot.

If a player can't discern the difference they should do nothing.

Tauntint is subjective.

Over/under on Jags getting hosed by the refs tomorrow?

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 08:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 12:37 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This is a violent, contact sport. I guess they should quit being "hoodlums" and stop being so excited

I get excited when something I work hard toward is realized. I've never felt the urge to do a pelvic thrust in an all-hands meeting calling for a championship belt around my waist while screaming IN YO FACE at my coworkers.

You can high-five a teammate and head back to the huddle with the same level of excitement. I promise you beating that OT for another sack is gonna drown their spirits more than any other choreography you can imagine would.

(11-10-2021, 02:11 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I just dont want to see refs using taunting penalties to decide games. This is football. Intimidation and trash talk is part of the fun of game.  They arent robots. This isn't baseball. That's part of the mind games that go on in an exciting extremely competitive sport.

Wanna know the easiest way to avoid taunting penalties deciding a game?   Big Grin

If I happened to witness a celebratory "pelvic thrust" from some of my co-workers, I'm afraid I probably would have to resign the next day. The recurring visual imagery would be too much.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-14-2021, 12:51 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Over/under on Jags getting hosed by the refs ( 4 times ) tomorrow?

FTFY Inserted required quantity for a correct over/under prediction.

I'll go with the under.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-12-2021, 10:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 08:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Good one. You are super funny. Great job coming up with that!  I'm taking notes. We have are very own kevin hart posting here.

Dang dude, who peed on your Cheerios this morning?

someone probably told him he couldn't taunt other posters.

Tongue

(11-14-2021, 08:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I get excited when something I work hard toward is realized. I've never felt the urge to do a pelvic thrust in an all-hands meeting calling for a championship belt around my waist while screaming IN YO FACE at my coworkers.

You can high-five a teammate and head back to the huddle with the same level of excitement. I promise you beating that OT for another sack is gonna drown their spirits more than any other choreography you can imagine would.

Wanna know the easiest way to avoid taunting penalties deciding a game?   Big Grin

If I happened to witness a celebratory "pelvic thrust" from some of my co-workers, I'm afraid I probably would have to resign the next day.  The recurring visual imagery would be too much.

Many years ago I worked overnight security in a hospital. I saw quite a bit of pelvic thrusting on my rounds through darkened hallways, stairwells, and exam rooms.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato