Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 WR class

(12-10-2021, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 06:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't see what people see in Drake London. 

There have been plenty of WRs with size that can't separate.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...56104?s=20. He's gonna be a matchup nightmare and a great RedZone Target.  He would be a great compliment to Godwin

I'd take Godwin and (fill in the blank):

London

Bell

Dotson

Olave

Metchie

I expect one of these will be available in round 2. The addition of Godwin plus the 2nd rounder would help Lawrence tremendously. Re-signing Chark to a short-term deal would actually make the receiving group a strength.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 01:59 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-10-2021, 11:10 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...56104?s=20. He's gonna be a matchup nightmare and a great RedZone Target.  He would be a great compliment to Godwin

I'd take Godwin and (fill in the blank):

London

Bell

Dotson

Olave

Metchie

I expect one of these will be available in round 2. The addition of Godwin plus the 2nd rounder would help Lawrence tremendously. Re-signing Chark to a short-term deal would actually make the receiving group a strength.

I'd rather not take Metchie with out 2nd pick which will be so high it will be like another 1st. With that bad ACL tear this late in the season he probably won't be ready to Trevor right away.  I want someone that can step in early and help Trevor. I like all the others as well but London brings something that none of the others can with his size and one on one contested catch ability

(12-09-2021, 06:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 04:57 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Curious which WR will fall to the 2nd round. Seems like the consensus is Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, and Drake London are all first round locks. That leaves Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, and David Bell in that 1st-2nd range. I’d guess one of those three will be available when we pick. There is also George Pickens who is a wildcard.

I don't see what people see in Drake London. 

There have been plenty of WRs with size that can't separate.
I'm hearing his comp is Mike Evans.... So that would be awesome.

(12-10-2021, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 11:10 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd take Godwin and (fill in the blank):

London

Bell

Dotson

Olave

Metchie

I'd rather not take Metchie with out 2nd pick which will be so high it will be like another 1st. With that bad ACL tear this late in the season he probably won't be ready to Trevor right away.  I want someone that can step in early and help Trevor.  I like all the others as well but London brings something that none of the others can with his size and one on one contested catch ability

Had Metchie not torn his ACL, I would've been fine with us selecting him in round 2. He is a good route runner with excellent hands, something we definitely don't have now and desperately need. The injury means he likely won't be back to 100% until at least mid season of 2022 and we just can't wait that long. Since London got hurt early and only suffered an ankle fracture, he should be 100% by the start of the season. It doesn't really matter though unless we trade back up into the mid 1st round to get him, because he will be long gone by our 2nd round pick and right now, we are picking #2 overall. We gotta take Hutchinson or Thibodeaux with our first round pick. BAP.

I think there is a tier break after the top 4 WRs, I want to trade up for one of them. My dream would be Jameson goes like 8-10, the OSU dudes go in the teens, and we can jump up to the early 20s to get Burks. I'd give the Henderson 3rd rounder and a couple of day 3 picks to move up a dozen or so spots.

(12-10-2021, 04:35 PM)Upper Wrote: I think there is a tier break after the top 4 WRs, I want to trade up for one of them. My dream would be Jameson goes like 8-10, the OSU dudes go in the teens, and we can jump up to the early 20s to get Burks. I'd give the Henderson 3rd rounder and a couple of day 3 picks to move up a dozen or so spots.

Of all the "top receivers" Burks is the one I like the least. I think Williams, London, Wilson, Olave and Burks all go in round 1. I can see Dotson, Bell, Metchie, Tolbert and another guy I like a lot, Charleston Rambo, being available with either our 2nd round pick or our 3rd rounder. Dotson would definitely fill the need for a breakaway speed receiver and then we could double dip a little later in the draft and get a bigger possession receiver with good hands like Xavier Hutchinson.

I'm not going to pretend that I have watched enough of all these WRs to have a draft ready eval on them at this point of the draft season, but I follow a lot of people who have and they all really love Burks. I saw a taller DJ Moore comp and well, we need that. London I think is the one that could be in the same tier with Burks that as of now I would rather hope he falls and not trade up for. I really want one of the big 4 though.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 08:40 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

London led college in contested catches like 5 weeks after he got hurt. Im still not sure if anyone has passed him yet.

(12-10-2021, 03:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather not take Metchie with out 2nd pick which will be so high it will be like another 1st. With that bad ACL tear this late in the season he probably won't be ready to Trevor right away.  I want someone that can step in early and help Trevor.  I like all the others as well but London brings something that none of the others can with his size and one on one contested catch ability

Had Metchie not torn his ACL, I would've been fine with us selecting him in round 2. He is a good route runner with excellent hands, something we definitely don't have now and desperately need. The injury means he likely won't be back to 100% until at least mid season of 2022 and we just can't wait that long. Since London got hurt early and only suffered an ankle fracture, he should be 100% by the start of the season. It doesn't really matter though unless we trade back up into the mid 1st round to get him, because he will be long gone by our 2nd round pick and right now, we are picking #2 overall. We gotta take Hutchinson or Thibodeaux with our first round pick. BAP.

Yeah, I like Metchie a lot but I want someone that can help Trevor out early and there are a number of WRs in this draft that I think can do that. London will likely go in the 1st but it wouldnt be a shocker if he doesnt. Higgins, Brown, Metcalf, Moore etc. the list goes on and on for WRs that have fallen to the 2nd that should of went in the 1st.

If the first bullet point on a WR pros/cons list is that he wins contested catches you do not want that WR. The NFL is a separation league.

(12-10-2021, 08:52 PM)Upper Wrote: If the first bullet point on a WR pros/cons list is that he wins contested catches you do not want that WR. The NFL is a separation league.
Huh? That's very rare. A lot of "separation" in the NFL is created with pick plays and rub routes. If a big play happens it's because of blown coverage or play action.

I'll take the player who can catch a rocket from inside a phone booth and has sure hands with enough speed to get the job done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-10-2021, 08:52 PM)Upper Wrote: If the first bullet point on a WR pros/cons list is that he wins contested catches you do not want that WR. The NFL is a separation league.

This is just a bad take imo.  Why would you not want a guy that's a matchup nightmare because of his size and catch radius?  Not to mention who has decent speed and a great route runner for his size.

1st pick gonna have to be WR. We are not gonna get Godwin, who would be the best pick up we could get in FA at WR Tampa would be insane to let him get away and I don't think they are insane

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-12-2021, 05:41 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: 1st pick gonna have to be WR. We are not gonna get Godwin, who would be the best pick up we could get in FA at WR Tampa would be insane to let him get away and I don't think they are insane

Its not about being insane, its about having the cap space

(12-12-2021, 05:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 05:41 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: 1st pick gonna have to be WR. We are not gonna get Godwin, who would be the best pick up we could get in FA at WR Tampa would be insane to let him get away and I don't think they are insane

Its not about being insane, its about having the cap space

I think we thought the same about N. O. and they made room. I think if Brady wants Godwin to stay, Tampa finds a way.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 06:28 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-12-2021, 06:01 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 05:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its not about being insane, its about having the cap space

I think we thought the same about N. O. and they made room. I think if Brady wants Godwin to stay, Tampa finds a way.

And the Saints are under .500, they have won 11 or more games in the last 4 years and Armstead and Williams will be FA at the end of the year.  Evans is already 20+ mil next year.  Godwin will probably get close to that.  They are going to have to sign White to probably a record MLB cotract as well.  Thats why they werent able to sign him to an extension this past year is because of cap reasons.  They didnt even try because the knew they wouldnt have the cap space

We still gotta take BAP in the first, especially when we are sitting with the #2 overall pick. Reaching at #2 overall would be crazy when there are two very, very dominant edge rushers on the board. The only way I'm taking a WR in round 1 is if we trade down and it would take a boatload of picks to make me wanna do that. There will be other really good WR's that we can select in round 2 and later. At this point, all we need are receivers who can run routes without tackling one another and who can actually catch the ball. The guys we have now make better volleyball players than they do receivers. Instead of catching the passes, they "set" it, so the opposing defenders can practice their tip drills. 

As far as Godwin, it doesn't matter if Tampa lets him go or not. No one with half a brain is gonna want to come here. We're gonna get "bottom of the barrel" free agents with no other options.

(12-12-2021, 06:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

We still gotta take BAP in the first, especially when we are sitting with the #2 overall pick. Reaching at #2 overall would be crazy when there are two very, very dominant edge rushers on the board. The only way I'm taking a WR in round 1 is if we trade down and it would take a boatload of picks to make me wanna do that. There will be other really good WR's that we can select in round 2 and later. At this point, all we need are receivers who can run routes without tackling one another and who can actually catch the ball. The guys we have now make better volleyball players than they do receivers. Instead of catching the passes, they "set" it, so the opposing defenders can practice their tip drills. 

As far as Godwin, it doesn't matter if Tampa lets him go or not. No one with half a brain is gonna want to come here. We're gonna get "bottom of the barrel" free agents with no other options.

Good points but I fear I am gonna fall on that sword of offense with the first four picks. Trevor gotta have help and it is not on this team at this point. That includes the 0-line coach and OC

I do think there's a solid chance Godwin winds up being the piece that the Bucs reluctantly have to let go, but there's no way in hell Godwin would choose to play here.

I think our best chance (and honestly it's probably a long shot) is Gallup. He has been WR3 and underpaid his whole career. We are probably one of the top teams that can give him a boatload of money and also guarantee that he is given an every down star role right away.

I think that we end up selecting an injured John Metchie in the draft.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I did hear this week that the Bucs plan on paying Godwin. That was disappointing, because he and Adams are the only 2 I'd throw a ton of money at. Adams will not come here so the draft is where they would best find a number 1 receiver for the future. Taking Williams 3rd is a little high, so hopefully they can trade back and get him. If not, I'd still have to take him if Hutchinson and Thibodeaux are gone.