Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Grading College Players

Morning all,

I struggle to see any of the college football as I am in the U.K.  I do follow all I can online with highlights and game reviews. However I find it hard other than a few standout players to build my own mental grade on them. 

Which review site, Youtuber or individual do you think grades players or builds a good draft board? 

I know this is subjective to a degree but you do see wildly different projections. For eg. I saw Jaquan Brisker, Safety, Penn State graded as a top 10 prospect and another as 2-3 rounder.

Who do you trust?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2021, 04:16 AM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Morning all,

I struggle to see any of the college football as I am in the U.K.  I do follow all I can online with highlights and game reviews. However I find it hard other than a few standout players to build my own mental grade on them. 

Which review site, Youtuber or individual do you think grades players or builds a good draft board? 

I know this is subjective to a degree but you do see wildly different projections. For eg. I saw Jaquan Brisker, Safety, Penn State graded as a top 10 prospect and another as 2-3 rounder.

Who do you trust?

Honestly, I don't really look at any sites and I don't really know who to even point you to. I just watch a ton of different college football and build my opinions based on that and a few measurables during the Combine. The best way to judge is by seeing them in game situations, so you are at an extreme disadvantage. That's tough. In your case, I would probably try to watch as many highlight films of different players as possible on Youtube, but those aren't really going to point out any flaws either, so it's far from ideal. Hopefully, someone else can point you in the right direction. Good luck.

(11-23-2021, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Who do you trust?

Honestly, I don't really look at any sites and I don't really know who to even point you to. I just watch a ton of different college football and build my opinions based on that and a few measurables during the Combine. The best way to judge is by seeing them in game situations, so you are at an extreme disadvantage. That's tough. In your case, I would probably try to watch as many highlight films of different players as possible on Youtube, but those aren't really going to point out any flaws either, so it's far from ideal. Hopefully, someone else can point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Well there is a potential solution for the OP. Put your own self up on Youtube with your assessments.  Big Grin  It sure can't be as bad as a lot of others that do and get monetized for it. For years I read on this site before joining a couple months ago and have always respected your insights on potential draft picks. Are you always right? No. Are you sometimes overly stubborn with your views when getting into an argument on the board? Yes. But overall your takes on players are quite informative and your "hits" far, far and away outnumber your misses. Not tryin' to be a fan boy just throwing out a suggestion there. Honestly, you're not the only one on this board that could do this. It's one of the reasons why I like this forum over any of the other Jags related boards. The convos and arguments are very often informative and entertaining to read. Some are hilarious like the Tebow thread earlier this year. Not making fun of anyone but dang, a hundred pages?  Laughing Ah well, just a thought for the OP.

Oline, Yea definite disadvantage. I feel from a lot of the reviews you do see they can be bias or consistency is just not there.

DTWD, haha that’s true, Oline does have a sensible take more often than not. I don’t know when people get the time to make these videos though. I have a friend who makes videos on a different topic and the time it takes to record and edit is ridiculous.

Also, I find some are positional bias. They love a QB / WR but don’t that the DT / OL as serious and suddenly there top 30 has like 3-4 of that positional class.

Who do you trust?

I follow Rob Rang from CBS Sports and The Athletic. He is very thorough and usually accurate. A fun read is The Huddle Report and particularly Drew Boylhart. He is not afraid to go "against the grain" and is also quite funny. He is also very big on character concerns and will downgrade players significantly due to this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jaglou, thanks I will check them out