Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer: Trevor played one of his better games Sunday

(11-23-2021, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 04:31 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well he hasn't really had any other good games so you could say it was on of HIS better games.

He had good performances in weeks 4, 5 , and 6.

Neither you nor Meyer know what the [BLEEP] you're talking about apparently.

LOL yeah I have no clue what i'm talking about. I don't understand why people get so butthurt about a rookie who dosen't live up to the hype.. you all just defend them for years until you finally pull the bias shades off your face.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2021, 10:29 PM)JeepJag Wrote: The presser from yesterday Meyer said he is concerned about the offenses lack of creativity and the lack of development of Lawrence, and he expected both to change.

If y’all really think he doesn’t know what’s going on, you have on blinders. Has he done a great job? Absolutely not. Does someone that’s an egomaniac that is wildly hyper competitive know when his team sucks? Absolutely. Is he smart enough to not throw them all under the bus? Also yes.

Wait, you think what he said wasn't throwing them under the bus? Did he say what part of that was his fault or responsibility or just that he was concerned about everyone else's performance with a subtle threat that they better fix it?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-23-2021, 05:26 PM)Upper Wrote: He was average in weeks 4, 5, and 6.

which isn't a bad thing!

I will take average over Gabbert-esque

(11-24-2021, 04:11 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He had good performances in weeks 4, 5 , and 6.

Neither you nor Meyer know what the [BLEEP] you're talking about apparently.

LOL yeah I have no clue what i'm talking about. I don't understand why people get so butthurt about a rookie who dosen't live up to the hype.. you all just defend them for years until you finally pull the bias shades off your face.

I don't have bias shades re: Trevor.  

I simply see him being severely limited and his growth stunted by the ineptitude surrounding him. 

He hasn't lived up to the hype, but he's displayed some rare qualities that I believe can be developed into franchise QB material and hopefully a bit beyond that. And that's really about the most one should expect from a rookie QB. 
90% of them struggle in year one. That's just how it goes. 
A rookie QB is literally the last guy anyone should be blaming for an offense that is as dysfunctional as the Jags' current iteration. 

Wouldn't matter if that QB were Lawrence, Jones, Burrow, Mayfield, Bridgewater, Bortles, Gabbert, or any name you can muster. 
You wouldn't be able to properly evaluate any of them through this giant cloud of suck surrounding the Jags offense right now. 
Especially in year one.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...ive-issues
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

(11-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 05:26 PM)Upper Wrote: He was average in weeks 4, 5, and 6.

which isn't a bad thing!

Yep, if his entire season had wound up being right around average that would have been in line with my expectations for him all things considered. However, for it to be by far his peak...everone would be lying if they said that met their expectations.

(11-24-2021, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Mikey Wrote: which isn't a bad thing!

Yep, if his entire season had wound up being right around average that would have been in line with my expectations for him all things considered. However, for it to be by far his peak...everone would be lying if they said that met their expectations.

I was wrong about Trevor, I thought he could overcome Urban Meyer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Yep, if his entire season had wound up being right around average that would have been in line with my expectations for him all things considered. However, for it to be by far his peak...everone would be lying if they said that met their expectations.

That's because he was over hyped since his freshman year of college.
All the fans and pundits claiming he was the next coming of [insert HOF QB here] and the once in a generational QB put too much expectations out there for a QB going to the leagues worst team. Hell even the clots weren't that bad of a roster. They truly tanked by trotting out Curtis Painter for a season to get Lucky teamed up with a solid offense though they never gave him a good OL.

TLaw was the best QB of his draft class. He has a lot of really good QB traits. He isn't perfect though. He wasn't going to come in as a rookie and turn a 1 win team into a playoff contender. He's going to be a really good QB in the NFL for a long time.... Hopefully for us.

But the predraft hype on some of these kids by us and Kipers and Mcshays of the world needs to stop. It's not fair to anyone involved.

Nowadays I don't think there is such a thing as once in a generation anything. Plenty of QBs can get to the right situation and be great or the wrong one and suck.
If we don't build properly around Trevor he'll continue to perform poorly. No one player can fix a roster as bad as ours. Not even the best QB in any class.

(11-24-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Yep, if his entire season had wound up being right around average that would have been in line with my expectations for him all things considered. However, for it to be by far his peak...everone would be lying if they said that met their expectations.

two peas in a pod, fans set unrealistic expectations for both based on their past successes at the previous level of competition.

Where they differ is that I believe one is capable of growth and change at this point in their career.

(11-24-2021, 03:57 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I was wrong about Trevor, I thought he could overcome Urban Meyer.

two peas in a pod, fans set unrealistic expectations for both based on their past successes at the previous level of competition.

Where they differ is that I believe one is capable of growth and change at this point in their career.

I had lots of hope for Trevor, almost zero for Urbz. I didn't think we could offset out good fortune to get such a talented prospect in here, but we hit the lottery then we turned right around and dumped that prize into a freaking Bernie Madoff-like ponzi scheme.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 05:03 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-24-2021, 03:25 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I was wrong about Trevor, I thought he could overcome Urban Meyer.

That's because he was over hyped since his freshman year of college.
All the fans and pundits claiming he was the next coming of [insert HOF QB here] and the once in a generational QB put too much expectations out there for a QB going to the leagues worst team. Hell even the clots weren't that bad of a roster. They truly tanked by trotting out Curtis Painter for a season to get Lucky teamed up with a solid offense though they never gave him a good OL.

TLaw was the best QB of his draft class. He has a lot of really good QB traits. He isn't perfect though. He wasn't going to come in as a rookie and turn a 1 win team into a playoff contender. He's going to be a really good QB in the NFL for a long time.... Hopefully for us.

But the predraft hype on some of these kids by us and Kipers and Mcshays of the world needs to stop. It's not fair to anyone involved.

Nowadays I don't think there is such a thing as once in a generation anything. Plenty of QBs can get to the right situation and be great or the wrong one and suck.
If we don't build properly around Trevor he'll continue to perform poorly. No one player can fix a roster as bad as ours. Not even the best QB in any class.
I thought this was common nfl fan knowledge, at least non 1st yr fans. Scheme, coaching, personnel management, gameplanning, etc., have to do with player growth and what we see on gameday. Unless they are brand new jags fans imo, no excuses for horrid expectations. I want growth, and unless they are urban lovers who pounded the table for him, nothings shocking. Khan wont change it, so im here to see if we can strike lightning somehow, someway in the next 3 years.

Nothing more, nothing less.....

We can argue and complain as a family about the minor and major things; but come gameday, we all want to win. This offseason will give us an idea of the direction this GM is taking us for the next 2 plus seasons, and Urban can show if he learned anything based on coaching changes then or before as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-24-2021, 04:55 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 03:25 PM)Kane Wrote: That's because he was over hyped since his freshman year of college.

I thought this was common nfl fan knowledge, at least non 1st yr fans.  Scheme, coaching, personnel management, gameplanning, etc., have to do with player growth and what we see on gameday.  Unless they are brand new jags fans imo, no excuses for horrid expectations.  I want growth, and unless they are urban lovers who pounded the table for him, nothings shocking.  Khan wont change it, so im here to see if we can strike lightning somehow, someway in the next 3 years. 

We can argue and complain as a family about the minor and major things; but come gameday, we all want to win. This offseason will give us an idea of the direction this GM is taking us for the next 2 plus seasons, and Urban can show if he learned anything based on coaching changes then or before as well.

The worst roster in football, compliments of Urban Meyer. Admit it, we downgraded from Doug fricking Marrone to this loser. It's not going to get better because he has no idea how to make it better. He can't convince moms and dads to send him 90 5 stars in this League, he has to earn it, and he's just not got it in him. Hopefully he has another hangnail or some cataract issues and has to quit for health reasons, that would be better than him staying or another "character concern" situation that just embarrasses us further.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 06:42 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-24-2021, 05:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:55 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I thought this was common nfl fan knowledge, at least non 1st yr fans.  Scheme, coaching, personnel management, gameplanning, etc., have to do with player growth and what we see on gameday.  Unless they are brand new jags fans imo, no excuses for horrid expectations.  I want growth, and unless they are urban lovers who pounded the table for him, nothings shocking.  Khan wont change it, so im here to see if we can strike lightning somehow, someway in the next 3 years. 

The worst roster in football, compliments of Urban Meyer. Admit it, we downgraded from Doug fricking Marrone to this loser. It's not going to get better because he has no idea how to make it better. He can't convince moms and dads to send him 90 5 stars in this League, he has to earn it, and he's just not got it in him. Hopefully he has another hangnail or some cataract issues and has to quit for health reasons, that would be better than him staying or another "character concern" situation that just embarrasses us further.
I understand what u mean and feel similar but with hope. I doubt urban will set the ship right and think baalke is just here to get more checks. Im just hoping that against all odds we see change. Trevor is the best chance weve had at non leftovers signed from other teams to build a dynasty around. For the love of all things holy, we just CANNOT fk this up.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 01:54 PM by D6. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-23-2021, 12:27 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Is there anyone in the Jaguars organization that likes the fans?
Is there anyone in the Jaguars organization that likes the game of football?

What is this crap? Does anyone have any experience as a Browns, Lions or Bengals fan that can lend any light to how a franchise can just suck this bad? Do they really believe that this is working and is a good path forward?

They are killing me smalls.

I've been a Lions fan since 1970.  In these 52 seasons,  the Lions made the playoffs 12 times, won 3 Division Titles, and won only one playoff game.  This is the only NFL franchise that hasn't been to a Super Bowl,  that has played in each of the 56 seasons of the Super Bowl era.  If the expanded playoff system that came right after the then existing playoff system was in place each season, the Lions would have made the playoffs 4 or 5 more times.  That's still less than 33% of the time!  

The only common denominator each of the 52 seasons is someone in the Ford Family has owned the Lions.   Yet, even from 1970 to 2013, the seasons William Clay Ford Sr owned the team ( he passed away in March, 2014 ) , the Lions were run differently in various eras.  The penny pinching ways of GM Russ Thomas and the willingness to spend money ways of inexperienced GM Matt Millen both were highly unsuccessful.  The Millen era began with him firing interim HC Gary Moeller after a 9-7 season non playoff season.  That led to the worst W-L results in a 9 season period ( including the first season after the Millen era ) in NFL history, with the possible exception of the NFL's first decade.  

Two of the other periods were much more successful but not close to what I believe they should have been. 

1.  The in-between period 1988 to 2000 when Chuck Schmidt was GM most of the time and 10 of the 13 seasons Barry Sanders' playing career took place.  The Lions made the playoffs 6 times in the 1990s,  with the final time. (1999 season ) the first season of Barry's retirement. Yet, Barry's early retirement was in large part because of his perception of the Lions organization.  

2. The period that either Martin Mayhew was GM and / or Jim Caldwell was the HC . The Lions made the playoffs 3 times, with no playoff wins.  A horrible officiating call change in the middle of the 4tb QTR  likely cost the Lions a road playoff win at Dallas in the 2014 season.  But even if the Lions would have won that game, it would have been a difficult task to beat the eventual NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks on the road 6 days later.  I believe though the 2014 team would have been a Super Bowl caliber team if not for key injuries.  

The decision by GM Bob Quinn to fire Jim Caldwell after the 2017 season in which the Lions finished 9-7 and would have been the 7th Seed under the current playoff format was one I strongly disagreed with.  Caldwell had a 36-27 record and 2 playoff seasons in his 4 seasons as Lions HC.    I thought Matt Patricia was a good replacement under the circumstance of Caldwell being fired.  But it turned out to be a disaster, which led to the current regime which planned a rebuild that was absolutely needed.  

Granted, the Lions have been on the wrong end of numerous bad officiating calls this century that very likely cost the team as many games as any team has experienced in the same time frame.  With season ending derailing key injuries being the norm, much more than the.exception.   The Lions have also been on the wrong end of 3 of the longest FGs in NFL history by the opposition.  Including, Justin Tucker's new NFL Record Game Winning 66 yard FG in week # 3 this season.  Yet, even with all of this factoring in,  it's inexcusable for the Lions to have so little playoff success in the Super Bowl era,  compared every other NFL  team. 

The Lions were once a great NFL Franchise, with 4 NFL Championships ( 1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957 ).  But no Professional Sports franchise in the USA or Canada has had less success from 1958 to the present than the Lions....with the possible exception of the Sacramento Kings.  The latter moved several times ( Rochester, NY. ( Royals )  to Cincinnati to Kansas City / Omaha ( Kings ) to Sacramento.  Very few Pro Sports franchises would have survived in one market with the very low level of success as the Detroit Lions have had from 1958 to the present.  The fan support for the Lions is extraordinary and by far the franchise's # 1 asset!