Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Questions

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 04:56 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-05-2021, 04:22 PM)Upper Wrote: The knock on both Jefferson and Elijah Moore were that they were slot only players in college...

And they are doing great in the NFL.

(12-05-2021, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 04:22 PM)Upper Wrote: The knock on both Jefferson and Elijah Moore were that they were slot only players in college...

I wouldn't taken either at 3rd overall either. [BLEEP] much as I liked both.  JJ is a different animal now but nobody thought he was going to be arguably the best WR in the league.  Both weren't even taken in the top 20.  I'm gonna see what he does in the playoffs

(12-05-2021, 04:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who cares where he does his damage from? He's explosive and we don't have a decent receiver on our roster. I just don't understand why you would knock a guy, because they make big plays from the slot? At this point, I don't care if we would line him up as a tackle eligible, as long as he plays like he's been playing for the Tide this season. He's fast, has good hands and runs good enough routes to get the job done. 

Ideally, we would trade back a bit and get him. That's what I'm praying for, but if we're stuck at #3 with no way to trade back and Hutchinson and Thibodeaux are gone, I see no other player worthy of that high of a pick.

I do,  not taking a slot WR at 3 when there are other elite talents there.  That slot is where Viska and MJ are best at if there is a threat on the outside

Those two suck and we should just move on from them. Shenault was just a bad pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2021, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do,  not taking a slot WR at 3 when there are other elite talents there.  That slot is where Viska and MJ are best at if there is a threat on the outside

Jefferson thrives as an outside receiver now. The point is don't pigeon hole someone in a role just because that's where they played in college. Look at their traits. Jameson has the traits to be dominant anywhere.

(12-05-2021, 05:22 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do,  not taking a slot WR at 3 when there are other elite talents there.  That slot is where Viska and MJ are best at if there is a threat on the outside

Jefferson thrives as an outside receiver now. The point is don't pigeon hole someone in a role just because that's where they played in college. Look at their traits. Jameson has the traits to be dominant anywhere.

Yes, he's an anomaly.  I'm not gonna draft one guy just because JJ can do it, Williams isn't the route runner that JJ is.  Williams wins most with his speed and quickness.  Once again, I like Williams but not at 3.  I don't think he's the 3rd best player in the draft.

(12-05-2021, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, he's an anomaly.  I'm not gonna draft one guy just because JJ can do it, Williams isn't the route runner that JJ is.  Williams wins most with his speed and quickness.  Once again, I like Williams but not at 3.  I don't think he's the 3rd best player in the draft.

Oh no not a receiver that wins with both speed and quickness lmao. And I do think he is in that tier. Hutch and Thibs are tier 1. Jameson is in tier 2 with the other usual suspects.

(12-05-2021, 08:36 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, he's an anomaly.  I'm not gonna draft one guy just because JJ can do it, Williams isn't the route runner that JJ is.  Williams wins most with his speed and quickness.  Once again, I like Williams but not at 3.  I don't think he's the 3rd best player in the draft.

Oh no not a receiver that wins with both speed and quickness lmao. And I do think he is in that tier. Hutch and Thibs are tier 1. Jameson is in tier 2 with the other usual suspects.
Hahaha

Speed and quickness?! Definitely don’t want that in Jacksonville.

(12-05-2021, 08:36 PM)Upper Wrote:

Yeah Urbs, there is more to it than speed and quickness.   If we pick 2 or 3 we don't need a tier 2 guy

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 10:43 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 1 time in total.)

Right now our best shot at another win this year is Houston. and they have already beaten us once. So if we Don't beat them and lose out we are at worst picking #2 but if Detroit wins one more then we have #1 pick again. Geeze, I hate even thinking this so early but here we are. That, to me means we pick either Hutch or Thibs with the possibility of having our choice

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 10:54 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-05-2021, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 08:36 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh no not a receiver that wins with both speed and quickness lmao. And I do think he is in that tier. Hutch and Thibs are tier 1. Jameson is in tier 2 with the other usual suspects.

Yeah Urbs, there is more to it than speed and quickness.   If we pick 2 or 3 we don't need a tier 2 guy

There's only 2 players in the top tier (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux), so if we pick 3rd, we're gonna have to pick from tier 2.

(12-05-2021, 10:41 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Right now our best shot at another win this year is Houston. and they have already beaten us once. So if we Don't beat them and lose out we are at worst picking #2 but if Detroit wins one more then we have #1 pick again. Geeze, I hate even thinking this so early but here we are. That, to me means we pick either Hutch or Thibs with the possibility of having our choice

If we pick #1 two years in a row, there is absolutely no justification what so ever for Urban Meyer and Trent Baalke to keep their jobs.

(12-05-2021, 10:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah Urbs, there is more to it than speed and quickness.   If we pick 2 or 3 we don't need a tier 2 guy

There's only 2 players in the top tier (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux), so if we pick 3rd, we're gonna have to pick from tier 2.

If true, I hope we deal down to about 10.

That should get us a decent pick or two in return, and should still put us in a good position to draft a guy like Jameson Williams.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 10:55 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2021, 10:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah Urbs, there is more to it than speed and quickness.   If we pick 2 or 3 we don't need a tier 2 guy

(12-05-2021, 10:41 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Right now our best shot at another win this year is Houston. and they have already beaten us once. So if we Don't beat them and lose out we are at worst picking #2 but if Detroit wins one more then we have #1 pick again. Geeze, I hate even thinking this so early but here we are. That, to me means we pick either Hutch or Thibs with the possibility of having our choice

If we pick #1 two years in a row, there is absolutely no justification what so ever for Urban Meyer and Trent Baalke to keep their jobs.

Neal is top tier as well

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 11:03 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-05-2021, 10:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There's only 2 players in the top tier (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux), so if we pick 3rd, we're gonna have to pick from tier 2.

If true, I hope we deal down to about 10.

That should get us a decent pick or two in return, and should still put us in a good position to draft a guy like Jameson Williams.

That would be the ideal scenario.

(12-05-2021, 10:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There's only 2 players in the top tier (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux), so if we pick 3rd, we're gonna have to pick from tier 2.

Neal is top tier as well

Not imo. I wouldn't even put him top 20. I have two O-Linemen I have ranked ahead of him, Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa and Ikem Ekwonu, OG, North Carolina State.

(12-05-2021, 11:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If true, I hope we deal down to about 10.

That would be the ideal scenario.

(12-05-2021, 10:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neal is top tier as well

Not imo. I wouldn't even put him top 20. I have two O-Linemen I have ranked ahead of him, Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa and Ikem Ekwonu, OG, North Carolina State.

Well, that would fill two of our needs

(12-05-2021, 11:37 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 11:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be the ideal scenario.

Well, that would fill two of our needs

It would, but both are gonna go in round 1, so unless we trade down with a team who has multiple first rounders, we won't get both. I wouldn't want to use two first rounders on interior offensive linemen anyway. We are so woefully bad at the skill positions on both side of the football, that if we used two picks in round one and came away with no skill position players, people might burn down the stadium.

(12-05-2021, 10:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Neal is top tier as well

Neal is tier 2 with Hamilton, Stingley, Jameson, Karlaftis, Ojabo and probably a few others come draft time.

Another question:

Do you think a QB or two climbs the boards into the top 5?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-06-2021, 01:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Another question:

I wish but my best guess is that there will be no QBs that go in the top 10.

(12-06-2021, 01:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Another question:

It depends on how workouts go. I still really like Kenny Pickett of Pitt. If any QB goes that high, I believe it will be Pickett. It's a long shot though.

Who desperately needs a QB? Steelers? Saints maybe? Texans? I doubt Detroit goes QB Falcons or Panthers? Or Denver? If Rogers moves on from the Packers? Just not sure any a willing to jump to top 5 for a qb as I think that is where we pick

(12-05-2021, 08:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 08:36 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh no not a receiver that wins with both speed and quickness lmao. And I do think he is in that tier. Hutch and Thibs are tier 1. Jameson is in tier 2 with the other usual suspects.
Hahaha

Noooo please stay far far away:

https://twitter.com/SSN_Alabama/status/1...6837121033

(12-07-2021, 01:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 08:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha

Noooo please stay far far away:

https://twitter.com/SSN_Alabama/status/1...6837121033
lol BOOOOOOOOO