Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Ben told teammates it's his last season

This is great for us, likely Steelers will be looking for a QB.  I wonder if they try to move up?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a surprise at all. This sets up the scenario I've said all along. Aaron Rodgers will be the starting QB for the Steelers in 2022.

(12-04-2021, 07:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not a surprise at all. This sets up the scenario I've said all along. Aaron Rodgers will be the starting QB for the Steelers in 2022.

I told my buddy that's a Packers fan the same thing lol.  If ARod goes to Pit I think they win the SB

The rumors said that Ben said it was his last season with the Steelers, not that it was his last season.

With how bad this season has gone for Tlaw, I wouldn't mind taking a cheap flier on Big Ben and letting Trevor sit a season and learn behind a multiple SB winning QB. Could be our version of Brady going to Tampa and instantly turning them into a title contender.

(12-04-2021, 08:18 PM)Upper Wrote: The rumors said that Ben said it was his last season with the Steelers, not that it was his last season.

With how bad this season has gone for Tlaw, I wouldn't mind taking a cheap flier on Big Ben and letting Trevor sit a season and learn behind a multiple SB winning QB. Could be our version of Brady going to Tampa and instantly turning them into a title contender.

Have you seen Ben play this season? His arm is "ragged out." He rarely attempts passes over 15 yards and when he does, it's a disaster. It's time for him to call it a career.

Brady's arm is shot too, but brains and experience get him through it. It can for Ben too.

(12-04-2021, 08:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Brady's arm is shot too, but brains and experience get him through it. It can for Ben too.

Brady's arm is far from shot and Ben is no "Einstein." Brady is a far, far, far superior QB than Roethlisberger is every aspect of the game.

(12-04-2021, 08:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 08:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Brady's arm is shot too, but brains and experience get him through it. It can for Ben too.

Brady's arm is far from shot and Ben is no "Einstein." Brady is a far, far, far superior QB than Roethlisberger is every aspect of the game.
Bro.

Almost positive he’s trolling you lol

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 09:23 AM by RicoTx.)

He was already washed up when the season started.  Of course someone had a big 'discussion' with me making excuses.

I won't say who...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-05-2021, 09:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: He was already washed up when the season started.  Of course someone had a big 'discussion' with me making excuses.

I won't say who...

It was me and you totally put all the blame on Roethlisberger. Part of the reason his arm is ragged out is because the Steelers never addressed how bad their O-Line was and Ben took a real beating back there for the last few years. Yes, part of it was his fault for being so immobile, but anyone that watches the Steelers can see part of the problem is the offensive line. That's why no one they have brought in to be Roethlisberger's backup has found any success as well. If they don't address the O-Line in the offseason, Aaron Rodgers is gonna get beat around as well. Green Bay has one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and he's not gonna get that kind of protection in Pittsburgh.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 01:46 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2021, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: He was already washed up when the season started.  Of course someone had a big 'discussion' with me making excuses.

I won't say who...

It was me and you totally put all the blame on Roethlisberger. Part of the reason his arm is ragged out is because the Steelers never addressed how bad their O-Line was and Ben took a real beating back there for the last few years. Yes, part of it was his fault for being so immobile, but anyone that watches the Steelers can see part of the problem is the offensive line. That's why no one they have brought in to be Roethlisberger's backup has found any success as well. If they don't address the O-Line in the offseason, Aaron Rodgers is gonna get beat around as well. Green Bay has one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and he's not gonna get that kind of protection in Pittsburgh.

And right after that another poster showed how he was the least...or one of the least pressured... pressured QB in the league.

Rudolph hasn't found any success because he sucks.

By the way, YOU twisted it to say that I 'put it all on Roethlisberger'.  I said the same thing I just said in this thread.

And sorry if I take my eyesight and my my in-laws opinions over yours.  They're 40+ year Steeler fans.

Pitt should of traded for Minshew

(12-05-2021, 01:42 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It was me and you totally put all the blame on Roethlisberger. Part of the reason his arm is ragged out is because the Steelers never addressed how bad their O-Line was and Ben took a real beating back there for the last few years. Yes, part of it was his fault for being so immobile, but anyone that watches the Steelers can see part of the problem is the offensive line. That's why no one they have brought in to be Roethlisberger's backup has found any success as well. If they don't address the O-Line in the offseason, Aaron Rodgers is gonna get beat around as well. Green Bay has one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and he's not gonna get that kind of protection in Pittsburgh.

And right after that another poster showed how he was the least...or one of the least pressured... pressured QB in the league.

By the way, YOU twisted it to say that I 'put it all on Roethlisberger'.  I said the same thing I just said in this thread.

And sorry if I take my eyesight and my my in-laws opinions over yours.  They're 40+ year Steeler fans.

You can have any kind of opinion you want. I couldn't care less about anything you do or say.

(12-05-2021, 04:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 01:42 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And right after that another poster showed how he was the least...or one of the least pressured... pressured QB in the league.

You can have any kind of opinion you want. I couldn't care less about anything you do or say.

Apparently you do.

(12-05-2021, 04:35 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 04:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You can have any kind of opinion you want. I couldn't care less about anything you do or say.

Apparently you do.

No, I don't. I just don't like how condescending you are to people on the board. You've been that way for years. I've never had much problems with anyone on the board, but you talk down to people and it's irritating.

Well look at that Big Ben just led the Steelers to a game winning drive over perhaps the best team in the AFC.

(12-05-2021, 04:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 04:35 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Apparently you do.

No, I don't. I just don't like how condescending you are to people on the board. You've been that way for years. I've never had much problems with anyone on the board, but you talk down to people and it's irritating.

LOL

(12-04-2021, 08:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 08:18 PM)Upper Wrote: The rumors said that Ben said it was his last season with the Steelers, not that it was his last season.

Have you seen Ben play this season? His arm is "ragged out." He rarely attempts passes over 15 yards and when he does, it's a disaster. It's time for him to call it a career.

He looked pretty good on that game winning drive.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-05-2021, 09:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 08:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Have you seen Ben play this season? His arm is "ragged out." He rarely attempts passes over 15 yards and when he does, it's a disaster. It's time for him to call it a career.

He looked pretty good on that game winning drive.

This season is soooooo strange. There's no rhyme or reason to anything. We stun everyone by beating the Bills, but lose to the pathetic Texans. Ben Roethlisberger looks like crap against some pretty bad teams and then turns around and leads a game winning drive against the Ravens. The Lions look completely hopeless against every team they face, except the Vikings. On paper, the Vikings should blow them out, but the Lions played them down to the wire in their first match up and now they beat Minnesota. This season, nothing is as it seems from week to week. It's crazy!

Both Ben in Pitt and Brady in TB has receivers and competent coordinators. Were I in his shoes I would sooner retire than get obliterated behind our line or struggle to a 5-win swan song.